Buckethead releases 13 new albums as a special collection!!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
treeduck

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://host361.ipowerweb.com/~tdrsmedi ... ofthe.html

$20 each or $200 for the lot

This is a totally seperate release to Pepper's Ghost btw
Shy Boy

Dear God, I wish I had money to spend!
The Wolf

holy crap! I've gotta hear that, I wish I knew people who were buying it! ... sigh maybe I'll win some money...
prman

Sounds like a bucketload of s...omething.
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

:shock: :shock: :shock: Wow!!! He sure delivers huh!? Damn, I wish I had some money. :(
Angelic

Meh, Bucketheads albums are all so unpredictable that you cant tell wether your buying shit or gold! I mean i was not so much recommended rather than ordered to buy Elephant Mans Alarm Clock. I was told by a good mate that it was the greatest sound in existence. Im a fan, and Giant Robot is one of my faves, but to be frank, Alarm Clock sucked post! However, Inbred mountain, which came out pretty much the same time was awesome. So, try before you buy!

At the speed he releases albums i would imagine he records one in like a day heh, so like everyone he has good and bad days. Thats the only sense i can make of his inconsistency. I think he needs to try to break through abit more, but he has said he doesnt want to, and i would imagine lots of people like it that way. Anyway, great player!
treeduck

Angelic wrote:Meh, Bucketheads albums are all so unpredictable that you cant tell wether your buying shit or gold! I mean i was not so much recommended rather than ordered to buy Elephant Mans Alarm Clock. I was told by a good mate that it was the greatest sound in existence. Im a fan, and Giant Robot is one of my faves, but to be frank, Alarm Clock sucked post! However, Inbred mountain, which came out pretty much the same time was awesome. So, try before you buy!

At the speed he releases albums i would imagine he records one in like a day heh, so like everyone he has good and bad days. Thats the only sense i can make of his inconsistency. I think he needs to try to break through abit more, but he has said he doesnt want to, and i would imagine lots of people like it that way. Anyway, great player!
Whoa!! You don't like Elephant Man's Alarm Clock??? That's an excellent album, ah well it's all a matter of personal taste...

Meanwhile...I've ordered the whole IN SEARCH OF THE shebang!!! Am I crazy?? :shock: Am I stupid?? :? :oops: Am I evil?? :twisted: In the little box with instructions I asked for treeduck-style artwork on my personalised slab!! Ducks are insane!! :lol:
Prezidentman

I agree, it's pretty much hit or miss with his albums for my tastes..and at the rate he's dishing them out there's no way everything will be great, I guess he just puts out everything he records without too much hesitation.

Imo, just about all of his latest releases have been quality stuff. Imo, he's much more consistent now in delivering the quality goods. Say or think what you will, but the guy sure can play, he thinks up very cool riffs & solos, his rhythms simply crush, his tone is beautiful & his rig sounds like a freakin' freight train live. :shock: Yeah, he looks kind of strange, plays kind of weird & some of his music is really out there, but under all of that is one helluva musical genius. :guitar :guitar
GGGrev

It would be funny if people were selective about what they buy, "I'll buy the N and the E and the S please." :lol:
treeduck

Here's what the set looks like, each is unique and some seem to have more in the way of Bucket's doodle art than others... The guy who got set #13 is a lucky bugger...

:twisted:

zappahead

i have mine ordered, i'll make sure to post the pics when i get it, this set is so unique, all individually numbered and drawn by the master himself. and set 23 had quotes from jordan and a little stick figure doing the jordan pose, priceless.
lydian2000

hum am I the only one here to think that this is either an artistic/political statement in the sense that it is so self-depreciating("hey, let's release 13 albums with so little artwork cover-not to mention a possible mockery of Satch's recent drawings -that it's a statement in itself!")...

or a complete ripoff("hey let's release 13 albums of sh... just to see if some d....heads would buy anything I produce anyway!)...the line is so thin I haven't made up my mind yet, I'm waiting for some reviews to confirm they are actually real complete albums.

The whole thing looks like a joke, and if not a very bold risky move from such an underground(I mean not mainstream) artist.

Very original whatever it is anyway.

"self-depreciating"

"a possible mockery of Satch's recent drawings"

"or a complete ripoff"

I see you have some doubts aye!? :lol: I'd like to think he just cares enough about his fans to do something like this, & believe me when I tell you that the bots will eat this right up.

Who cares about seemingly amateurish drawings, point is, he did them himself & he's been doodling around like that for quite awhile, probably before Satch. :wink: And, it's the music that matters most, even moreso than the drawings, & he usually delivers the goods when it comes to his music. We're talking 13 cd's here, for a total of 14 to start off 2007 for him & it's now just the beginning of march. :shock: I'm sure he's got a bunch of other stuff he'll be a part of this year too, just hop onboard the last train to Bucketheadland & enjoy the ride!!! :mrgreen: 8) :guitar :peace
treeduck

lydian2000 wrote:hum am I the only one here to think that this is either an artistic/political statement in the sense that it is so self-depreciating("hey, let's release 13 albums with so little artwork cover-not to mention a possible mockery of Satch's recent drawings -that it's a statement in itself!")...

or a complete ripoff("hey let's release 13 albums of sh... just to see if some d....heads would buy anything I produce anyway!)...the line is so thin I haven't made up my mind yet, I'm waiting for some reviews to confirm they are actually real complete albums.

The whole thing looks like a joke, and if not a very bold risky move from such an underground(I mean not mainstream) artist.

Very original whatever it is anyway.
:roll:

Here's a one line per song review of the first three discs I lifted from Buckethead TK for what it's worth...

I (vol 1)
1: Death Cube K-ish 1 minute or so
2: WOW!! blus-funk (14:34)
3: Bermuda-Triangle-ish
4 & 5: oops. . .taking care of the kids--get back to ya
6: holy motherfucking shit--near-pure shredfest for 15 minutes
7: computer/scratch stuff (1:47)
8: a little of everything--mostly atmospheric with a tad of melody thrown in (5:33)

in all: 8 tracks, 44:34

. . . & we'e on to N

N
1: whoa--circus-like piano-ish intro with drum machine (guitar at 0:39) (“They’re coming to take me away”??) 1:30
2: sweet funk bass opening . . . sweet Strat-tone solo . .again, funky 10:48
3: bells at opening . . short & strange 3:00
4: computer-tone , lots o’ drum machine 2:08
5: nice, slow intro . . . Population-ish . . . (sweet tone at 5:50) 15:48
6: cello? . . . drum machine . . . piano . .strings . . . 3:15
7: funky!! scratchy!!! atmospheric!! backwardsy!!! very weird & cool . . crazy ending, wah-drenched 6:02
8: ooh . . . scary beginning . . . some drums . . . very out-there (as Finn says, "it sounds like farts") 2:10

total: 8 tracks, 45:06 (yeah, my times don't add up, & there are several seconds between tracks)

on to S vol 3

oh my . . track 1 is 14:52 lke Bucket-meets-early-'80s-era-Prince & a drum machine

1: starts like Bucket meets early-80s Prince (yes, I'm serious), improv guitar & monotonous machine 14:52
2: mo’ bells, atmosphere, noise , drums, “scratch” 2:17
3: cool opening melody; very nice bass & guitar 3:48
4: machine & ambience; (more guitar finally at 6:10) 7:37
5: bass-note heavy & noise; strange synthy-feel (excerpt of “Old Macdonald”??) 4:29
6: rockin’ opening; more playing; live drums! Interesting tone; jam; best of this disc 10:38

TOTALS: 6 tracks, TIME: 43:40

OK, I'm outta here, but to try the new shady system, I'll say this: the highlights for me through 3 discs are

I.2
I.6
N.5
S.6