John 5

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Zebula77

He's got an interesting style and a lot of personality, but it's not for me. I'm not impressed, though obviously I see and hear his talent.
Bennett

NantucketSleighrider wrote:
treeduck wrote:
NantucketSleighrider wrote: Dear me! I have seen some rubbish album covers in my time, but this is defo up there! It looks like it was rattled off on Microsoft Publisher in about 5 minutes!
As long as the album rocks, who gives crap about the cover dearie??

:wink:
I do, "dearie!" What happened to the days where everything about the album was a work of art?!? The music, the sleeve, the artwork, the freebies! I rememember buying Black Sabbath's "Master of Reality" in the box vinyl when it first came out. Fab cover, fab album, and a fab free poster, which it worth a canny bit today!

All I am saying is, if you are spending that long working on the music, spend more than 5 minutes on a decent cover!!!

OK, rant over!
i bet you can't make one like this in 5 minutes..i dare you..i double dare you even =D
NantucketSleighrider

Bennett wrote:i bet you can't make one like this in 5 minutes..i dare you..i double dare you even =D
Three pictures overlaid, red filter, wordart...BAM! Would take less time than my computer takes to load up! :wink: :D
Booligan

i think the cover art´s kinda cool.
Big Bad Bill

So does anyone have his his new CD? How does it compare to his others? Is it any good? Should I go out and buy it on Tuesday?
treeduck

Big Bad Bill wrote:So does anyone have his his new CD? How does it compare to his others? Is it any good? Should I go out and buy it on Tuesday?
Have you heard his other CDs? John plays quite a bit of country, in fact his last one was about 70% rock/metal and 30% country. Didn't you say you didn't like country?

I haven't heard his new one yet, I hear he has a version of GnR's Welcome to the Jungle on there...
Booligan

I ordered it over a week ago but it still hasn´t arrived. sonofabitch!
treeduck

Booligan wrote:I ordered it over a week ago but it still hasn´t arrived. sonofabitch!
I think they put the release date back (in Europe anyway) two weeks, so it's not out till 16 April now...
Booligan

hm. cdon.com did not inform me about this. smells like an angry e-mail.
Big Bad Bill

treeduck wrote:Have you heard his other CDs? John plays quite a bit of country, in fact his last one was about 70% rock/metal and 30% country. Didn't you say you didn't like country?
I've got both his CDs and I must admit I prefer his second album because, as you suggest, it's a lot more rocky than the first! I really liked 'Songs of Insanity'.

So it's been delayed.......that'll explain Amazon's delivery date.
Booligan

it´s actually "Songs FOR Sanity"

:P
valkor

great Article in the new Guitarists magazine (uk I believe)
Is john 5
on Steve's Favored Nations label?
mayuka

sooo did John 5 make a deal on thos old crossroads? i mean how else would the devil know his name?

hmm sounds for a new jack butler guitar duel to me, but this time, i think Jack is ready for anything
nosferatu777

Ol' Johnny is pretty good. He has a wicked style at times; which I gravitate to.
cosmic ape

that cover does look dissapointing...

I agree with the art, the album as a whole... the concept behind it... I'd so totally do it if I were a signed musician... I remember staring at those iron maiden CDs like crazy, just watching those images as I listened to the record... I think people wolud respond positively to it... If you work so hard on making it sound right, you might as well make it look good also, don't ya think???