John 5

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
jacob5000
Newcomer
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:30 pm

John 5 is the new Steve Vai. He is amazing! He made Marilyn Manson. I've seen him twice with Rob Zombie, and both times were incredible! If you haven't checked him out before, do! Steve Vai worked with John on the Songs For Sanity record. I'd post the link to his site, but I haven't been here for a week yet, so, I'll wait.
User avatar
lydian2000
Member
Member
Posts: 1508
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:43 am

jacob5000 wrote:John 5 is the new Steve Vai. He is amazing! He made Marilyn Manson. I've seen him twice with Rob Zombie, and both times were incredible! If you haven't checked him out before, do! Steve Vai worked with John on the Songs For Sanity record. I'd post the link to his site, but I haven't been here for a week yet, so, I'll wait.



I read the words but I fail to understand..and I enjoy marilyn Manson. Good country guitar player yes maybe but the new steve vai? he made marylin manson?.... :roll:
User avatar
brentm
Member
Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 7:14 am

He's a great guitar player. I really enjoyed his last album which Steve played on...

but...

the new Steve Vai?
User avatar
prman
Member
Member
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:44 am

Did you know that John 5 has also played on David Lee Roth album "DLR Band" (1998)?
Booligan
Member
Member
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:41 am

He´s right there in my favorite guitarists ever top 5. Can´t wait getting my hands on his latest album :D
User avatar
jemgirl
Member
Member
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:21 pm

brentm wrote:He's a great guitar player. I really enjoyed his last album which Steve played on...

but...

the new Steve Vai?
indeed brentm!
john5 is a hell of a guitarplayer..and indeed he made manson bigger.
but the new steve vai?? ehh i dont think so.
steve vai is steve vai....!!!!!
SPQR
Member
Member
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:36 pm

Johns a awesome guitar player there is no doubt about that it however cant compare him to vai really
treeduck
Member
Member
Posts: 1020
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:21 pm

He has a new album out April 3 called The Devil Knows my Name...

Image
User avatar
cbr1000f
Member
Member
Posts: 676
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:37 am

treeduck wrote:He has a new album out April 3 called The Devil Knows my Name...
Hmm, I guess he's been a bad boy :lol:
No really, he's a great guitarplayer. I really enjoy his music.
nate3.4
Newcomer
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:45 pm

The guy is amazing. He can play anything. He lists Scotty Anderson as one of his influences! Scotty Anderson? It speaks volumes for his interests and dedication to the instrument.
nate
NantucketSleighrider
Member
Member
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:03 pm

treeduck wrote:He has a new album out April 3 called The Devil Knows my Name...

Image
Dear me! I have seen some rubbish album covers in my time, but this is defo up there! It looks like it was rattled off on Microsoft Publisher in about 5 minutes!
User avatar
Big Bad Bill
Member
Member
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:40 am

NantucketSleighrider wrote:Dear me! I have seen some rubbish album covers in my time, but this is defo up there! It looks like it was rattled off on Microsoft Publisher in about 5 minutes!
You should buy the excellent book 'Heavy Metal Thunder-Album Covers that Rocked the World' if you want to see some really awful, and some very good, album covers.

It's a shame that CD booklet are so small-the artwork detail is completely lost. Record compnaies shoud make the art work downloadable so a buyer can print them out in a larger format.
treeduck
Member
Member
Posts: 1020
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:21 pm

NantucketSleighrider wrote:
treeduck wrote:He has a new album out April 3 called The Devil Knows my Name...

Image
Dear me! I have seen some rubbish album covers in my time, but this is defo up there! It looks like it was rattled off on Microsoft Publisher in about 5 minutes!
As long as the album rocks, who gives crap about the cover dearie??

:wink:
NantucketSleighrider
Member
Member
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:03 pm

treeduck wrote:
NantucketSleighrider wrote:
treeduck wrote:He has a new album out April 3 called The Devil Knows my Name...

Image
Dear me! I have seen some rubbish album covers in my time, but this is defo up there! It looks like it was rattled off on Microsoft Publisher in about 5 minutes!
As long as the album rocks, who gives crap about the cover dearie??

:wink:
I do, "dearie!" What happened to the days where everything about the album was a work of art?!? The music, the sleeve, the artwork, the freebies! I rememember buying Black Sabbath's "Master of Reality" in the box vinyl when it first came out. Fab cover, fab album, and a fab free poster, which it worth a canny bit today!

All I am saying is, if you are spending that long working on the music, spend more than 5 minutes on a decent cover!!!

OK, rant over!
treeduck
Member
Member
Posts: 1020
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:21 pm

NantucketSleighrider wrote:
treeduck wrote:
NantucketSleighrider wrote: Dear me! I have seen some rubbish album covers in my time, but this is defo up there! It looks like it was rattled off on Microsoft Publisher in about 5 minutes!
As long as the album rocks, who gives crap about the cover dearie??

:wink:
I do, "dearie!" What happened to the days where everything about the album was a work of art?!? The music, the sleeve, the artwork, the freebies! I rememember buying Black Sabbath's "Master of Reality" in the box vinyl when it first came out. Fab cover, fab album, and a fab free poster, which it worth a canny bit today!

All I am saying is, if you are spending that long working on the music, spend more than 5 minutes on a decent cover!!!

OK, rant over!
Well no one here can really help you with your album cover anxiety issues, but you could always send John an email or something, maybe include some album cover ideas...

:wink:
Post Reply