micheal angelo batio

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
leigh01

micheal angelo batio

#1 Post by leigh01 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:31 pm

dont you just think that he is just a sideshow for a funfair or something rather than a career player

Bennett

#2 Post by Bennett » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:39 pm

yyup.. i thought he was a joke at first

Zeds.Ded

#3 Post by Zeds.Ded » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:50 pm

quad neck guitar, wtf

The Wolf

#4 Post by The Wolf » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:36 pm

are you kidding? he's a fantastic player! While not all his material is top quality stuff, He has some realy good songs and his chops are absolutely incredible, he's no sideshow act.

guyver_dio

#5 Post by guyver_dio » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:45 pm

He's a great showman, entertaining to watch but I'd never purchase an album, I'd rather chase a belt sander across the room with a hair dryer.

Bennett

#6 Post by Bennett » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:17 pm

lmao :D:D:D

bobtrack
Newcomer

#7 Post by bobtrack » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:04 pm

He's good but the only song I like of his is Tribute to Randy. I think that's because Randy's the reason I started guitar and I love his work

Shy Boy

#8 Post by Shy Boy » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:18 pm

The Wolf wrote:are you kidding? he's a fantastic player! While not all his material is top quality stuff, He has some realy good songs and his chops are absolutely incredible, he's no sideshow act.
Endorse.

DR5150

#9 Post by DR5150 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:43 pm

He has skill alright, but the sound of the music is hit and miss, all the songs I heard use a drum machine and fake keyboards instruments, nothing real. And some of the licks are just noise, but at least he has great precision when he does them. He has talent, but not a main act talent, he needs to be in a band, he can't do the solo thing unless he slows it down a bit, like Yngwie speed, and even tries doing some slower stuff that's real melodic. But he needs a backup behind him, and a singer who can hit the notes, but not as annoying as Nitro.

BUT WTF IS UP WITH HIS HAIR!!!!!!!!

stratocastermaster

#10 Post by stratocastermaster » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:30 am

guyver_dio wrote: I'd rather chase a belt sander across the room with a hair dryer.
Well there's an image.

leigh01

#11 Post by leigh01 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:36 pm

I think that if your going to play guitar you should compose good stuff not just do weird tricks but thats what seperates vai and satch from the rest isnt it.

SPQR

#12 Post by SPQR » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:55 pm

leigh01 wrote:I think that if your going to play guitar you should compose good stuff not just do weird tricks but thats what seperates vai and satch from the rest isnt it.
Well to be honest you can really give a statment like that, my saying is "if you can't say that weird tricks make him a freak or a sideshow for a circus, this is because players like Steve Vai and Joe Satriani have been noticed for a number of reasons their image, Music and also their Innovation towards their instruments and the genre of music. Well i think that Micheal angelo has indeed be innovitive in the area of guitar technique mastery and also being able to function his hands to do varouis different things at same time which is difficult in my experience.

Some people will say there is no emotive feelin in his tunes however musicians should respect that fact that he is a musician weather he plays with two hands and plays one note or plays with one hand and plays two??

What do you think now?

leigh01

#13 Post by leigh01 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:24 am

i agree slightly with you dude but anyone with heavy practice can become ambidexturous but not everyone can compose such inspiring music such as vai and satch and that is really my point hes just got famous through showing off and hes been playing guitar since he was six and i think that vai started when he was twelve so hes even had a headstart and have you heard his compositions theyr really not worth buying cos its just two hand shredding over an 80's style backing track. :P

DiMarzio

#14 Post by DiMarzio » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:04 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c35FZf3Jom4 Good God!!! :lol: Personaly I cant stand Batios playing.

SPQR

#15 Post by SPQR » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:36 am

leigh01 wrote:i agree slightly with you dude but anyone with heavy practice can become ambidexturous but not everyone can compose such inspiring music such as vai and satch and that is really my point hes just got famous through showing off and hes been playing guitar since he was six and i think that vai started when he was twelve so hes even had a headstart and have you heard his compositions theyr really not worth buying cos its just two hand shredding over an 80's style backing track. :P
Well you i love vai and satch etc but i think if one is a musician they should "respect" fellow musicians as they do play an instrument and attempt to make music. Lol doesnt matter if angelo had a head start ahead of the other guys the fact of the matter is everyone is different and different people have dissimilar ambitions and goals in life. So what im trying to say is because ppl rate micheal angelo as a shreder doesnt mean he is anyless a musician than that of a opera soprano or violinist. Just the objectives are different and unique to them.

im not saying i love angelo all im saying is i dnt dislike him for the sole reaso cause he has betetr technique than me ot has no feel towards the instrument. And ye si agree that anyone can play like angelo with a bit of time on their hands simply because everyone is able to do anything for instance one can run a marathon just they have to prepar and train their muscles for it...Anyone has the potential to write beuatiful music just depends on their experiences in life and also williness to explore their minds and instruments....anyone can study to be a scientist the brain is there all they must do is study hard and understand key issues. I beleive anything is possible if your a human