LED ZEPPELIN

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.

Do You Like Zeppelin?

Yes
21%
Yes
21%
Yes
21%
Yes
21%
No
2%
No
2%
No
2%
No
2%
Ehhh...
3%
Ehhh...
3%
Ehhh...
3%
Ehhh...
3%

Total votes: 356
slash89

davidparis wrote:if there was no zep, there'd be no vai...so u just gotta love em
That is not necessarily true. I don't care much for folksongs, but they are the reason for music as we know it. Don't get me wrong, I love Led Zeppelin :)
burnt out

Zep's tunes are all cool.

They weren't the only band though.

70's rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Entheogen

I maintain that Led Zeppelin was the best band ever. That may be odd at first, but look at it. Jimmy Page is a great inventive guitarist (he invented tapping, listen to "Heartbreaker" on How the West Was Won), and John Bonham and John Paul Jones were two virtuoso musicians together as one singular virtuoso instrument bad ass-ness. And who could be up there instead of Robert Plant? Anybody else, it wouldn't be Zeppelin.

Evan Riddell
fiddlemord

Entheogen wrote:he invented tapping
There's many guitarists who have used tapping before Jimmy or Eddie. It should be made a common fact, that the technique was used by classical guitarists far before rock 'n roll guitarists.
Leanne_777

I think they're okay, I never really got it. I think they're wildly over rated.
Tao-RG

led zeppelin simply invented everything which tiday is a modern sound or feeling ;
but noone reaches led zeppelin because they all copy it ( and doesnt do well)
(well ledzep is just a evolution of blues) but with such power and emotions and joy of living and clreaness in thinking
... no doubt ; led zeppelin is the best band ever
burnt out

Leanne_777 wrote:I think they're okay, I never really got it. I think they're wildly over rated.
But heavy metal music isn't overrated?

You get heavy metal music but you don't get Zeppelin?

I don't get you. :roll:
Leanne_777

burnt out wrote:
Leanne_777 wrote:I think they're okay, I never really got it. I think they're wildly over rated.

Led Zeppelin will be the first to say they're not metal. Metal may have some from that style of music but it's not metal. And, no, I don't think metal is over rated. But why did you bring metal up in this thread in the first place?

You really don't get me?? Oh dear!!!! What ever will I do??? :(
slash89

Leanne_777 wrote:
burnt out wrote:

Led Zeppelin will be the first to say they're not metal. Metal may have some from that style of music but it's not metal. And, no, I don't think metal is over rated. But why did you bring metal up in this thread in the first place?

Tragic, isn't it :lol:
rg350dx

whats not to like?
Big Bad Bill

I always thought Robert Plant's voice was disappointing, in particular his American accent! What's all that about? He's from Brum isn't he?
summer_sky

BBB, don't most singers from the U.K. and mainland Europe seem to lose their native accent when singing rock, blues, etc. in the English language? i listen to lots of European bands and have always wondered about this. i have even asked a lot of my European friends why European rock singers sound 'american'.
summer_sky

Leanne_777 wrote:...
I think they're wildly over rated.
always makes me shake my head in disbelief when i hear people say this about early classic rock bands/artists like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton, bob Dylan, etc.
i always wonder how the early innovators and masters of the music scene, those who have been inspirations to subsequent generations of musicians/songwriters/artists, those who have created music history and those whose music is still being appreicated decades later can be 'overrated'.
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

If you want to see & hear just how great off a voice Robert had, check out disc 1 of the Led Zeppelin 2 -disc dvd. :wink: He really sounds great esp. on I Can't Quit You Baby! :shock: :shock:

Led Zeppelin overrated? :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
I ZoSo I

Leanne_777 wrote:
burnt out wrote:

Yea, that's true. Zeppelin's hard rock, the only songs I consider 'metalish' that they've done are Whole Lotta Love, Dazed and Confused, Achilles Last Stand, and Kashmir. Even though the 'dictionary' term for both metal and hard rock are basically the same, it's the sound that counts, and I don't hear that 'metal' sound in them.

I hate semantics ;-/