Are rock tours bad for the environment?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Holland
Newcomer

EyE

Good title for an album :wink:
another virtuoso

yeah that could certainly pass as a Zappa album title.

i thought the CO2 thing was a bit ridiculous. i mean... dont you think the fans will be breathing regaurdless of whether or not they are at a Radiohead concert?
Holland
Newcomer

I just hope Mr. York never tours again and stays home. So Mr. Vai can do some Xtra touring!
williebee

:?
guyver_dio

It's good to know alot of acts are helping out with the environment as there are alot of other major man made creations damaging the environment, but the statement about fans omitting CO2 during the tour was just stupid. As another virtuoso said, these ppl breath regardless where they are.
fiddlemord

I know cutting out tours would probably help on the thing...But no matter what we,humans,are going to do to stop the environmental changes,so many things have already changed and there's much more to come. Humanity is too intelligent for it's own good. And look,all the other life-forms on Earth are suffering because of that too. Modern society will come to an end sooner or later,so I don't think stopping the rock tours will help with the outcome.
williebee

I think there are alot of things doing harm to the planet. Besides a Rock tour, I've heard that cow flatulence was effecting the ozone layer too. Whats the answer to that one, plant a tree in every cows ass. :? I'm not saying we should ignore whats happening but I think there are bigger culprits than the music industry. Again we have music causing BIG TROUBLE. I can't take it. :roll:
fiddlemord

williebee wrote:...plant a tree in every cows ass. :?
Disturbing,yet funny :lol: :?
another virtuoso

besides, volcanoes blast FAR more harmful chemicals and gasses that hurt the ozone layer than us humans could ever produce. It's just nature. and another thing, for all we know, the ozone has been shrinking and expanding back millions of times over it's life span. We've only even been able to watch it for a very short amount of time so far.

I'm all for helping the environment and everything, but its silly what kind of things people will put their focus on sometimes, and even sillier who they will blame for it.
fiddlemord

another virtuoso wrote:besides, volcanoes blast FAR more harmful chemicals and gasses that hurt the ozone layer than us humans could ever produce. It's just nature. and another thing, for all we know, the ozone has been shrinking and expanding back millions of times over it's life span. We've only even been able to watch it for a very short amount of time so far.

I'm all for helping the environment and everything, but its silly what kind of things people will put their focus on sometimes, and even sillier who they will blame for it.
Awesome points. All the current members of this messageboard will probably be dead before civilization collapses. And it won't happen because of concert tours.
Roger

fiddlemord wrote: Humanity is too intelligent for it's own good.
I'd say it's the complete opposite.
fiddlemord

Roger wrote:
It may seem like that at the moment. What about a few hundred years later?
Roger

fiddlemord wrote:
Roger wrote:
It may seem like that at the moment. What about a few hundred years later?
It seems like stupidity never goes out of style.
williebee

Einstein said The universe and human stuipidity are infinite, but I'm not too sure about the universe.