Trivium

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
acoates

Anyone massively disappointed by their new single? God that song could have been so good without the pussy assed "wo-oh wo-oh" stuff going on. The lyrics didn't flow very well either. This disappoints me as I loved their last album :(
Yorksha_Pud

Yeah, that song is awful...

I dont really like his singing voice to be honest, its way too much like James Hetfield, but not as good. He should just stick to screaming his ass off.

I really liked the first 2 albums, i hope this new one doesnt all sound like 'Anthem'.
*theanimal*05

i havent heard any of the new album but apparently there is no screaming which is weird because he is good at screaming..i mean there is only so much i can take but it suits the atmosphere of the music.
i fear he will sound like triviums metallica cover of master of puppets, just trying to sound like james hetfield
Animal 06

I really like this album (The Crusade). It hasnt left my CD player since i purchased it :D
I like all of their albums.....i think progression in any band is cool. as for the metallica thing.....yea its Matt "Hetfield" Heafy on this one.....wish i could sing like either of em :D
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

Haven't heard the new one yet, but I wish they'd write more songs like Departure. 8) 8) :guitar :guitar :headbang :headbang
Big Bad Bill

Their latest CD just sounds like Metallica to me :roll:
fiddlemord

Yeah,I can hear all kinds of NWOBHM and thrash metal influences on The Crusade. I'll be seeing Trivium opening up for Iron Maiden on the 14th of October. The new album has opened up for me fully,but I think I'll grow to like it as I did with Ascendancy.
acoates

It's annoying as I thought Anthem has some great riffs in it, as I'm sure their new CD does.

At least there's less screaming, because no song is made better by screaming.

Also, why do they leave mistakes in solos, like Avenged Sevenfold do? Is it because they are just inable to do one good take without scrabbling for notes at the end of a scale?
munchocruncho

Why do people listen to Trivium?
al

i dont know nick, but just go learn some jazz :p
Animal 06

munchocruncho wrote:Why do people listen to Trivium?
well its quite simple you see. i have found that people find it most entertaining when they listen to music which they enjoy. im sure you do the same.
acoates

I find it makes me better in bed. Loud fast music, for a more satisfactory surprise sexing.
fiddlemord

Why are you asking things like this?