(noise) = music

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
fiddlemord

Seraphim wrote:
fiddlemord wrote:That was 1963. Three years before Zappa released his first album with The Mothers Of Invention. Pretty cool,huh?
You're all welcome!
So, we can call that as "The Father Of The Mothers Of Invention"
8)
Makes me dizzy :D "The father...The Mothers..."...A tongue twister. Anyways,I used to make little melodies with my friend,using glasses as instrument with water in them. We would rub the edge of the glass with wet fingers and it would make these different notes,depending on how much water we had in the glasses. We actually could do some nice melodies...Kinda crazy :D
Animal 06

my 14 inch electric rubber dildo chimes in perfectly with Go Fuck Yourself.
Animal 06

OH COME ON! I WAS ONLY KIDDING! HAHA :lol:
slash89

Animal 06 wrote:OH COME ON! I WAS ONLY KIDDING! HAHA :lol:
Or were you...? :P
THE VOID
Newcomer

VIBRATIONS

INTERACTIONS

THE UNIVERSE RESPONDS IN THE SAME WAY

ALL THINGS CONNECTED, ALL THINGS IN RESONANCE AND CLEAR

SOON
Vaiagra

Pink Floyd "Live at Pompei".. Saucerful of Secrets.. sweet, magical noise 8)
another virtuoso

prman wrote:This is very thought evoking. We could start the discussion of what is noise and what is music but it would be a lenghty thread leading to nothing. People have discussed the same thing in the art community for decades: what is a work of art and what is just a thing on display? However, this thread is about noise that somehow sounds musical to YOU.
i don't think anything should be considered as not being music. The only place people should have different opinions is whether or not they personally like it or not. For someone to say someone elses music isn't music, is obserd. Who gets to decide this? A musician trained in classical music who determines that rock is not music? or maybe a pop star who gets to inform the world that metal is not music?
Just because someone doesn't like a particular style, shouldn't mean that that style is no longer music IMHO.
al

I was gettin some toilet paper today and whatever way i pulled the toilet paper which was kinda fast - it was on of the holder thingys for it so as it rotated around it it sounded like the toms at the intro of warm regards
slash89

brother al wrote:I was gettin some toilet paper today and whatever way i pulled the toilet paper which was kinda fast - it was on of the holder thingys for it so as it rotated around it it sounded like the toms at the intro of warm regards
Lol :lol: Funniest thing I've heard all day :lol:
Seraphim

brother al wrote:I was gettin some toilet paper today and whatever way i pulled the toilet paper which was kinda fast - it was on of the holder thingys for it so as it rotated around it it sounded like the toms at the intro of warm regards
Let me see if it works here... hum hum... yes... it works, same here!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some cool songs from the Flexable are great, sweet and magical noises:
Next Stop Earth
Chronic Insomnia
fiddlemord

Seraphim wrote:
Let me see if it works here... hum hum... yes... it works, same here!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some cool songs from the Flexable are great, sweet and magical noises:
Next Stop Earth
Chronic Insomnia
+1. Don't forget There's Something Dead In Here.
THE VOID
Newcomer

Music conveys the message

sounds convert intention

into energy

DiMarzio

ehm..
al

another thing i noticed is, i was gettin some cheerios, when the box is about half full, hit the side of it and it sounds like a snare :)
prman

brother al wrote:another thing i noticed is, i was gettin some cheerios, when the box is about half full, hit the side of it and it sounds like a snare :)
It doesn`t sound like the snaredrum at all. In most albums the snaredrum is just mixed to sound like you`re hitting a half-full Cheerios box. The same thing is with the bassdrum or toms: on most albums they sound like someone is bouncing a basketball. (Actually Phil Collins did use a basketball sample as the bassdrum on one of his hit songs in the 80`s... can`t remember what it was though...)