SATRIANI LIVE! DVD

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
mange

b2 wrote:While waiting for the dvd take a look at this great performance of
"The Crush Of Love" in Stockholm 1990 with Stuart Hamm and Jonathan Mover.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt-uYGgcz2o

I guess this must be from the "Flying In A Blue Dream" tour,
and maybe this concert was right before or after the concert
in Norway at that tour. That was my very first Satriani concert! :D

Still I think there where a bit more live/improvising with Hamm
and Mover in the band. Just watch the video above, excellent ending :D

If you search at youtube.com for "satriani stockholm" you will
find 13 of these videos from the same concert.
I have seen them all and here is what they are playing:

Part 01: Ice #9
Part 02: Can't Slow Down
Part 03: The Crush Of Love (very nice)
Part 04: One Big Rush
Part 05: Circles
Part 06: I Believe
Part 07: Hordes Of Locusts (also very cool) & Always With Me, Always With You
Part 08: The Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing
Part 09: Back To Shalla-Bal
Part 10: Big Bad Moon
Part 11: Satch Boogie
Part 12: Surfing With The Alien
Part 13: Blues Impro. & Rubina

Thanks man. Great concert! Feels kinda strange to see Satch with hair...

I can't wait for the new DVD to be released!!! The concert in Malmö, Sweden, this summer was amazing!!! :shock:
Stephen Brown

That's so so so cool!!!! Cheers everyone..derr where have I been.

So it will be here in England soon!!!! Wippeeeee!!!!
shacks

I have ordered mine from the States but the offical DVD UK release date seems to be the 13th November, you can pre-order now from www.play.com and www.hmv.co.uk

:)
shacks

Check out the discography section of this site for 30 second clips of each song...

http://epicrecords.com/joesatriani/

shacks
slash89

I'm buying it the second it hits the shelves here in Norway. The date is some time in November :)
shacks

For those who dont have the DVD yet check out a vid of "One Robots Dream" and couple of other vids here!!!...

http://www.satriani.com/2004/discograph ... ive/promo/

shacks
slash89

shacks wrote:For those who dont have the DVD yet check out a vid of "One Robots Dream" and couple of other vids here!!!...

shacks
Thanks Shacks! This rocked! 8)
lydian2000

slash89 wrote:
shacks wrote:For those who dont have the DVD yet check out a vid of "One Robots Dream" and couple of other vids here!!!...

shacks
yes and a lot of good impro on tha track..YES,IMPROVISATION!!!

ah..i dunno if ill buy it but given we'll have to wait at LEAST till end of 2007...08?(i'm still mad about this, i had desperetaly hoped for this winter) :evil: :evil: for the aching hunger DVD...i might buy satch's...even if i fear i'll fall asleep watching it :wink:

and I still don't understand why it takes so long to produce,master,mix a DVD whose most material has been broadcast on dutch TV anyway.I know from what i saw on youtube it 'll be fantastic...but the permanent postponing spoils it for me.(sorry I had to spit it out)
slash89

lydian2000 wrote:
slash89 wrote:

shacks

ah..i dunno if ill buy it but given we'll have to wait at LEAST till end of 2007...08?(i'm still mad about this, i had desperetaly hoped for this winter) :evil: :evil: for the aching hunger DVD...i might buy satch's...even if i fear i'll fall asleep watching it :wink:

and I still don't understand why it takes so long to produce,master,mix a DVD whose most material has been broadcast on dutch TV anyway.I know from what i saw on youtube it 'll be fantastic...but the permanent postponing spoils it for me.(sorry I had to spit it out)
So you think you'll fall asleep watching Satch :?

The dvd will be released when it's ready. Mikey has told that he will inform us in due time.
lydian2000

slash89 wrote:
lydian2000 wrote:
slash89 wrote:Thanks Shacks! This rocked! 8)

The dvd will be released when it's ready. Mikey has told that he will inform us in due time.
I'm an old satch fan but i think he has fallen his love with his tone abit too much IMO over the last five years, and i consider EOC to be his last (innovative,musically rich)true album, and in general in his playing he seems to have given up on musical research, and became "self-referential, that is as Bowie would say himself "self-reverrential".

concerning ur DVD "answer", Slash89:

The earth is round.

:lol: (allow me :wink: )
slash89

lydian2000 wrote:
slash89 wrote:
lydian2000 wrote: yes and a lot of good impro on tha track..YES,IMPROVISATION!!!

I'm an old satch fan but i think he has fallen his love with his tone abit too much IMO over the last five years, and i consider EOC to be his last (innovative,musically rich)true album, and in general in his playing he seems to have given up on musical research, and became "self-referential, that is as Bowie would say himself "self-reverrential".

concerning ur DVD "answer", Slash89:

The earth is round.

:lol: (allow me :wink: )
I do not agree with you there! Is There Love In Space and Super Colossal are two very strong and innuative albums. He still writes amazing music.
It is important that people don't compare him with way, because the do not follow the same lines when composing.
lydian2000

true he still writes excellent music but less and less amazing, oriental melody is fabulous and a few others on ITLIS but that's why i'm more into Vai these days..because I know I'll be suprised each time. And Stve's music is partly responsible for that, it made me expect "a little more". :)
slash89

Do you own some of his later releases?
lydian2000

yes i bought ALL of them, otherwise i wouldn't allow myself to generalize like that...I can't help but hate the thickness/slowness of super colossal..and One robot's dream saves the album for me..now don't get me wrong, the man has superb command of tone and posesses an unnatural talent for melodies, and that in itself is incredible...but i genuinely think he offers 60%(at best) of what he could, especially when composing/exploring new song structures.

IMHO. :)
munchocruncho

I have a question about Satch's live shows.
Why doesn't anyone else get a turn?