what do you think about michael angelo?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
monfer
Newcomer

Hi folks what do you think about michael angelo's technique,music .... ?
Jem-7vwh-agg

speed=10
emotion=2
dynamics=2
composition=4
looks=1

speed doesn't mean no emotion. But in this case we have speed AND no emotion etc...
prman

I don`t care about him or his "music". BUT, if somebody likes him it really doesn`t bother me.
Jem-7vwh-agg

sometimes he's fun to watch on video, but i could never sit and listen to an audio cd.... :?
guyver_dio

I agree, he's quite interesting to watch and the few tricks he does are still fairly astonishing even having seen it a million times.

But as for the audio or music side, I find it's plain boring and mindless and quite annoying. Like a fly buzzing in your ear.
stratocastermaster

Well as far a speed he is the best. He really doesn't have much emotion in his musci. I've always thought he was kinda circus act ish, but fun to watch. He is also a very nice man. I got to meet him once and he signed my guitar and a poster.
JimiVanRhoadsSteen

I think he's crap.
The guy still hasn't wrote one song worth listening to, so whats the point?
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

I like the way he plays & some of his songs. Don't see many players with his version of the double-neck & you definitely don't see many guys with a quad-neck either. He'd probably play circles around some of you guys!!! :lol: :lol:
The Wolf

I think he's really fun to watch. Especially because when he's playing he gets this really hilarious grimace that doesn't go away until he stops playing. He has very little emotion in his playing, like everyone says, but anyone who can find a way to play a 4 neck X guitar gets an "awesome" in my book.
Ginner_321

I've always found him to be unbelievably impressive, but not really listenable.

He has such solid technique, its stupid - but theres only a certain amount things you can do with alternate picking runs, without sounding 'samey'.

Cheers,
spencevie

I listen to him merely to be impressed by his technical ability, not his musical composition.
Guitarmiester

"Well as far a speed he is the best. "

Lol!

I think the guy is LAME! I've seen a few videos of him, sure he's fast and all) the whole X guitar thing is soooo stupid! What's so amazing about switching between 4 necks, not only that, they are all standard 6 strings, nothing different = boring and pointless.

That's my opinion, after the few videos I've seen of him, wayyy more than enough to not want to ever check anything out by him again. He's not bad, but just very LAME.
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

The 4-neck isn't really amazing, it's just uncommon, making him kinda unique in that department. Imo, as a player & songwriter he's alright, nothing spectacular. I do have most of his stuff, & I think he has some cool songs. The guy at least deserves a mention. :peace
mi2tom

I think he's a great shredder, I like him too I prefer him than that francesco fareri this ass quotes "This video is only a pure shred solo (as I've written before, it was recorded for the opening video) so don't search for melody, phrases, bending, vibrato or other stuff, it is only technique, just to show my passion, love and dedication for guitar. " What in the world was that?!
EyesOfFire0221

Sorry to bursh your bubble but he has a master degree in music...and for me its weird that shredders would bash shredders isnt that wat shred music essentially is weather melodic or otherwise mindless guitar speed...I love Micheal Angelo he is a great guitarist but for me personally its weird to find ppl who love shred guitar so much to bash it ..i dont know for me i find it weird ....