Ted Nugent says Dimebag was a Loser, Doper.

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
JimiVanRhoadsSteen

Ted Nugent says Dimebag was a Loser, Doper.

#1 Post by JimiVanRhoadsSteen » Wed May 17, 2006 11:14 am

TED NUGENT Says PANTERA's Version Of 'Cat Scratch Fever' Had 'No Soul, No Balls' - May 14, 2006

Ted Nugent has slammed PANTERA's cover of his signature tune "Cat Scratch Fever" as having "no soul, no balls" and "no feel," adding that the members of PANTERA appeared as "Ozzy-like zombies on TV" whose conduct on stage went against his lifelong anti-drugs and -drink stance.

Responding to a fan posting on Nugent's official message board (dubbed "The Nuge Board") about late PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott and the VH1 "Behind the Music" special on PANTERA that premiered this past Thursday, Ted (who posts on the message board under the name "Nuge") wrote that he "never thought too highly of anyone foolish enough to take on the nickname of a life-destroying dope product and promote such family-destroying conduct on stage."

When another fan pointed out that Dimebag "loved" Nugent's music and that he had stated in a magazine interview that he often played some of Ted's riffs before a show to loosen up the fingers — going so far as to cover "Cat Scratch Fever" for the 1999 "Detroit Rock City" soundtrack — Nugent responded, "though I'm no expert on all things PANTERA, I did hear their version of 'Cat Scratch Fever' and it was exceedingly white. No soul, no balls, no feel. Caucasian all the way. Elements of dope, booze and heroin disconnect quite apparent as usual. There is no excuse for such horrifically negative, irresponsible, criminal, America-wrecking behavior as such chimp-like substance abuse. Period. They appeared as Ozzy-like zombies on TV. Ya think. American drunks and dopers are allahpuke terrorists' favorite allies. Damn them. Damn them all."

After the fan who started the original thread (who calls himself "the_A_team") defended Dimebag by saying that "you have to at least respect Dime as a guitarist," adding that "even though he did drugs, I heard he didn't do very many," Nugent replied, "I indeed do respect all people for the positives in their life. Sadly, there comes a time of diminishing returns in the balance. At the end of the day, my respect is reserved for those solidly in the asset column of mankind."

fyrie

Re: Ted Nugent says Dimebag was a Loser, Doper.

#2 Post by fyrie » Wed May 17, 2006 11:46 am

JimiVanRhoadsSteen wrote:TED NUGENT Says... he "never thought too highly of anyone foolish enough to take on the nickname of a life-destroying dope product and promote such family-destroying conduct on stage."
Ha! This from a guy who cheated on his wife. If that's not family-destroying, I am not sure what is.

merlinlake78

#3 Post by merlinlake78 » Wed May 17, 2006 11:46 am

Dude .. did you ever read this?

http://www.damageplan.com/

Mr Nugent testimonial after Dimebag died .?
He couldn't possibly have said that .

miker

#4 Post by miker » Wed May 17, 2006 12:18 pm

From Merlin's hyperlink:
Ted Nugent
It was horrible. Darrell was a big fan of mine. He expressed that every time we ever saw each other," said the Nuge, who fondly recalled that PANTERA performed his "Journey to the Center of the Mind" and "Cat Scratch Fever" the last time they played Detroit.

"It's tragic on two dynamic levels," Nugent, an outspoken advocate of sensible gun ownership, added. "Once again, innocence is destroyed, and it's Americans destroying other Americans. This conduct runs wild in this country ... It's not the Taliban doing it. It's Americans."

I don't see any threads on Dime on the Nuge Board... but I didn't look really thoroughly... anyone got a link to the above statements in his forum? I can't see Ted saying that stuff... dunno.

JimiVanRhoadsSteen

#5 Post by JimiVanRhoadsSteen » Wed May 17, 2006 12:34 pm

miker wrote:From Merlin's hyperlink:
Ted Nugent
It was horrible. Darrell was a big fan of mine. He expressed that every time we ever saw each other," said the Nuge, who fondly recalled that PANTERA performed his "Journey to the Center of the Mind" and "Cat Scratch Fever" the last time they played Detroit.

"It's tragic on two dynamic levels," Nugent, an outspoken advocate of sensible gun ownership, added. "Once again, innocence is destroyed, and it's Americans destroying other Americans. This conduct runs wild in this country ... It's not the Taliban doing it. It's Americans."

I don't see any threads on Dime on the Nuge Board... but I didn't look really thoroughly... anyone got a link to the above statements in his forum? I can't see Ted saying that stuff... dunno.

I believe the offending link on Nuges forum has been deleted, it caused an outcry. He was smart to remove it, as he offended thousands of people.

I don't know why anyone is surprised, the guy is a legend for talking crap.

here's the link from Blabbermouth:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=52243

miker

#6 Post by miker » Wed May 17, 2006 1:33 pm

JimiVanRhoadsSteen wrote:I don't know why anyone is surprised, the guy is a legend for talking crap.
Ahahaha... well... this is true.

I guess I gave him a little too much credit for not talking outta both sides of his mouth -- as demonstrated in this thread. Wow... talk about a back flip.

Leanne_777

#7 Post by Leanne_777 » Wed May 17, 2006 1:45 pm

Yeah, he'll do anything for publicity. That was pretty sick though.

j1mi_h3ndrix

#8 Post by j1mi_h3ndrix » Wed May 17, 2006 4:48 pm

i didnt think dime did heroine.... their singer did though..

munchocruncho

#9 Post by munchocruncho » Wed May 17, 2006 6:36 pm

Ted's right.
Whats the big deal anyway?
If Dimebag was alive would everyone be making such a big deal?

*theanimal*05

#10 Post by *theanimal*05 » Wed May 17, 2006 9:28 pm

i dont understand why their is so much fuss over dimebag. sure he was a good shredder and metal player. so what.

there is so much fuss over him in the guitar mags. there is still mag covers featuring him and his so called "legacy".

Im not bagging him. i think he is a great player but why do we have to act as if he was Jimi Hendrix?

prman

#11 Post by prman » Thu May 18, 2006 2:58 am

To become a legend is to die at a relatively young age. Then you will leave people speculating "how good would he have become if he`d still be alive". Of course we wouldn`t make such a fuss if Dime was still alive `cos there would be no "mystery" surrounding him then. Whatever the case, his fate was unfortunate and unfair and that shouldn`t happen to anyone.

JimiVanRhoadsSteen

#12 Post by JimiVanRhoadsSteen » Thu May 18, 2006 7:07 am

*theanimal*05 wrote:i dont understand why their is so much fuss over dimebag. sure he was a good shredder and metal player. so what.

there is so much fuss over him in the guitar mags. there is still mag covers featuring him and his so called "legacy".

Im not bagging him. i think he is a great player but why do we have to act as if he was Jimi Hendrix?
I think maybe you're missing the point. Nobody is putting Dime up on a huge pedestal. But as a human being he was a very nice guy, he even bought
a young fana guitar while he was ina guitar store once, because the kids dad couldnt afford it - Dime took it off the wall and gave it to the kid.
Thats only one example of how big Dime was a human being. He may have drank too much, but he still had a HUGE heart, and he even loved Ted music. as a fan.

To run Dime down into the dirt like he was verman, is unfair and typical of a goof like Nugent.

Ted Nugent once dragged a 14 year old girl across the state line, so he could legally have sex with her. And he says Dime is the enemy of family values???

This has nothing to do with guitar playing.

This is one more example of a lesser man, attacking a dead man who was a bigger person than him, who is not here to defend himself from such immature accustaions from a man who didnt even know him or anything about him.

Ted Nugent is a goof. If this example doesnt give a clear indication of just how big a goof he is, well then, people are stupid.

cioran

#13 Post by cioran » Thu May 18, 2006 9:28 am

Copy that. Dime was a great innovator and a truly heart and soul metal player - if you check the best of his work you will hear he had a unique guitar voice and an outstanding talent.

That Nugent should be slamming him is an utter atrocity - Nugent is one of the greatest fakes in rock. I have read a couple of interviews with the poor wretch, and he has been claiming that he influenced everybody from Malmsteen to Jake E. Lee. The man is worse than a joke, because his hipocrisy is on par with his misguided ego.

Still, what would you expect from a guy that's an outspoken semi-fascist, gun-lover, semi-literate white trash idiot? His remarks on Islam say a great deal.

All respect to Dime, whatever mistakes he made, for being, in the words of Zakk Wylde, a true warrior of metal. Everybody who knew him also cite his gentle manner, his true kindness and his loving heart. I have been fortunate enough to hear him with Pantera in Stockholm - his skill and feeling left me breathless, and the crowd couldn't get enough.

Dime was ten times the man and guitarist Nugent could ever hope to be.
Let his memory live in honour, and let noone disrespect what he was; a guitar warrior.

munchocruncho

#14 Post by munchocruncho » Thu May 18, 2006 9:50 am

"This is one more example of a lesser man, attacking a dead man who was a bigger person than him, who is not here to defend himself from such immature accustaions from a man who didnt even know him or anything about him."

It has nothing to do with attacking a dead man.
If dimebag was there to defend himself, this wouldn't be a big deal, right?
I'm not siding with Ted, because anyone who covered his sh*tty song would f*ck it up because it was doomed to begin with.
But
Ted can say what he wants.
And if dimebag was alive, the only people who would care would be a diehard pantera fans.

"Let his memory live in honour, and let noone disrespect what he was; a guitar warrior."
He didn't disrespect his skill. He disrespected his cover and his lifestyle.
Thats all.
"never thought too highly of anyone foolish enough to take on the nickname of a life-destroying dope product and promote such family-destroying conduct on stage."
"though I'm no expert on all things PANTERA, I did hear their version of 'Cat Scratch Fever' and it was exceedingly white. No soul, no balls, no feel. Caucasian all the way. Elements of dope, booze and heroin disconnect quite apparent as usual."
See?
He never said "Dimebag is a sh*tty guitarist, glad hes dead"
And ted never said he was a better person. He just said Dimebags drug use was wrong. That's all. He never said he wasn't "family-destroying"

JimiVanRhoadsSteen

#15 Post by JimiVanRhoadsSteen » Thu May 18, 2006 10:17 am

munchocruncho wrote: It has nothing to do with attacking a dead man.
really??

what planet are you from?