NEW DT ALBUM ..TRAIN OF THOUGHT !!!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
maury

HOPE YOU LIKE IT:
WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS...

Latest news
» Dream Theater
» O S I (with Portnoy)
» Mike Portnoy
» John Petrucci
» James LaBrie
» Jordan Rudess
» John Myung
» TransAtlantic
» Media Updates
» Fanclubs

Recent releases
» O S I (with Portnoy)
» Rock Discipline DVD
» Six Degrees...
» Live Scenes...
» Metropolis 2000
» WDADU remaster
» Explorers Club 2

Discography
» Albums & Singles
» DVD's & Videos
» Side Projects
» Guest Appearances
» Fan Club CD's
» Transcription Books

Newsletter
» More info...

Webmaster
» MarkBredius.com

Find rarities
» Gemm.com
» eBay.com
» EIL.com

Musician stores
» MusicNotes.com
» SheetMusicPlus
» MusicianStore

Band members
» Mike Portnoy
» John Petrucci
» James LaBrie
» Jordan Rudess
» John Myung

Contact
» Email Webmaster

Dream Theater News
home : the latest news

CLICK HERE FOR MORE NEWS PAGES
(SIDE PROJECTS, BANDMEMBERS, FANCLUBS)

For immediate release: Dream Theater - Train Of Thought
Incorrect release date for the new DT album
The Dream Theater Official Bootlegs!
Dream Theater enters studio on March 10th!
James LaBrie featured in Heavy Rock Singing Book
"Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence" transcription book
Dream Theater Full Score Anthology
Jewel case version of 32-bit "When Dream And Day Unite" remaster
Limited edition 32-bit remaster of "When Dream And Day Unite"

Dream Theater News Archives
Dream Theater News Archive 2002
Dream Theater News Archive 2001
Dream Theater News Archive 2000
Dream Theater News Archive 1999
Dream Theater News Archive 1997-1998

For immediate release:
Dream Theater - Train Of Thought
Added on 09-12-2003

for immediate release:

Dream Theater's latest CD "Train Of Thought" is tentatively scheduled for release on November 11th 2003.

The track listing is:
As I Am
This Dying Soul
Endless Sacrifice
Honor Thy Father
Vacant
Stream Of Consciousness
In The Name Of God
Produced by John Petrucci and Mike Portnoy
Engineered by Doug Oberkircher
Mixed by Kevin Shirley

Dream Theater's 2004 World Tour will kick off in Manchester England on January 16th 2004
:lol: :lol: :lol:
atifman

wow, i was expecting it to come out later for some reason, but still it's gonna be a long 2 months.

can't wait to see the artwork, but if they offer small clips i'm gonna try to keep myself from listening to em.

it's nice that they're doing a straight album with no concept, that would've been kinda repetitive if they did another concept or semi-concept album (even though i'd be interested to see what the concept is).

7 tracks? that seems kinda skimpy, i hope the tracks are long enough (they probably will be :) )

in my opinion, Dream Theater is the type of band where their albums just get better and better (i think 6DOIT's their best), and i wonder if they can top 6DOIT.
atifman

actually looking at the track listing, they might have a religious theme here:
This Dying Soul
Endless Sacrifice
Honor Thy Father
In The Name Of God
Lake of desire

I must say that I really didn't like 6DOIT. Glass Prison is just awfull, IMO. There are some songs that I like but I'm not at all fond of the album other wise. I just hope they've done a better job this time, something more like Awake.
greg

ditto
shader

odd... I love The Glass Prison, but i really haven't been able to get into "Awake"
atifman

TGP is my favorite song of all time, 'cuase it's my favorite song off my favorite album from my favorite band, DT.

Awake is great too, except for a few stinky tracks on that album.
jmchambers5

I dont have any dream theatre, and have never really heard much of them. Do you guys think i should pick up this album?
Gulliver

jmchambers5 wrote:I dont have any dream theatre, and have never really heard much of them. Do you guys think i should pick up this album?
Pick up ANY of their albums (except the first one, it's for completists only :lol:).
Jai0705

Gulliver is absolutely right.

For me, Dream Theater is the greatest band to ever play. I will always be a fan, their music will always sound awesome to me. I like all the stuff they've done over the years. I look forward to each and every album they do. There's not one DT song I don't like. I will get this new album, and I will love it, simple as that.
guyzif

Emerson wrote:Gulliver is absolutely right.

For me, Dream Theater is the greatest band to ever play. I will always be a fan, their music will always sound awesome to me. I like all the stuff they've done over the years. I look forward to each and every album they do. There's not one DT song I don't like. I will get this new album, and I will love it, simple as that.

Amen man me to. I love all their albums and all their songs... oh except Space dye vest.
Jai0705

guyzif wrote:Amen man me to. I love all their albums and all their songs... oh except Space dye vest.
Really!? Man I think that is such an awesome song. Underrated IMO. I'm gonna go listen to it now! :D
guyzif

Your right it is under-rated.

Don't get me wrong, it is a good song It just doesn't do anything for me. It's the only song which I don't feel excited listening to, don't know why, I mean it is'nt bad... I don't know.

One song which I think is SOOOOOOO underated is Take away my pain. True it is very radio friendly but that song is really cool. It also has a special place in my heart. I'd just bought FII and me and my girlfriend had an arguement. It kind of summed up what I was feeling at the time.

Lifting shadows of a dream is another one. That is my favourite DT song and has been since I heard it, Listening to it now actually. Awake was my fitrst DT album so it's always been my favourite song really.
Melodic Dreamer

"Lifting Shadows Off A Dream" is one of their best. Another great song by DT is Hell's Kitchen. "A Change Of Seasons" is still my favorite DT song, well I also love "Trail Of Tears".
IbanezRules

Trail of tears is a good one!

The new album kicks ass!
Without a doubt the heaviest DT album so far.