EMO

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
SalamanderExcess

EMO

#1 Post by SalamanderExcess » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:04 am

Jeeeez, what is up, i mean i hate to be nasty, but this is crazy.

What is it with the human mind that makes them all have squint black hair, is it a coincidence that they all want to slit their wrists.
And how come people who listen to the same whiney music be so unhappy, when really, they are happy, they hang out in town together jumping around and hugging like little emo bunnys. I dont get it........

Quoted from myspace "I hurt myself so you can't" and "Pain is the window to my soul"

Both who like funeral for a friend, atreyu, my chemical romance.
Both have badly died hair....!!! grrr

Sorry to offend anyone by the way, total opinion

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#2 Post by Mikey » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:10 am

Why even waste your time thinking about it when you have good music like Steve Vai to listen to? ;)

GuitarHero

#3 Post by GuitarHero » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:34 am

This is a somewhat bias and unnecessary post, but hopefully, with some intelligent opinions from the members here, you’ll change your attitude towards the subject.

The ‘EMO’ deal might not be your thing, but you won’t change a thing with these prejudice posts… I’m wondering what it is you’re trying to accomplish with this thread. Not everyone that is into ‘EMO’ wants to slit their wrists or die their hair black. You have to understand that human beings in general just want to fit in with something, which is one reason for the amount of gangs in this world. You should be grateful that the ‘EMO’ group isn’t violent and pretty much minds their own business.

Personally, I’m not into the ‘EMO’ thing or the music, but hey, I’m no country fan either. And if dying your hair and listening to sad music makes you feel better and helps you deal with the hardships of life, then good for you. At least they aren’t turning to cocaine or heroin…

In conclusion, you’re entitled to your opinion, but why post such hateful topics? And of all people, a Steve Vai fan; one who should believe in peace and love and good happiness stuff…

GH

GuitarHero

#4 Post by GuitarHero » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:35 am

Mikey wrote:Why even waste your time thinking about it when you have good music like Steve Vai to listen to? ;)
Hit the nail on the head there Mikey :D

matsimpson

#5 Post by matsimpson » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:00 pm

emo doesnt push my buttons. in fact i could rant for a long time about it...but yeah mikey sed it rite...forget that an put some vai on!

seashell

#6 Post by seashell » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:15 am

it's ususually a phase some people can go through, most of them are quite young adolescents (generalisation) so are beginning to realise that the happy endings and blissful romances that children believe in aren't actually like that in real life, and this hurts them a bit. But the fact that it can hurt them fasinates them, it makes them feel worthy, adult, and like they have life experience, and they know this little experience separates them from children. So they make a big deal out of it and exaggerate it, and they make it seem beautiful (quote: 'beautifully broken...the river of red from my wrist tells you this smile is painted') It's just teenage angst, but it's their first experience of it, it's attractive and mysterious they think, to seem troubled, deep and different.

Some of the music deals with this and feeds it. (my chemical romance, panic!) Other emo is just about other issues that are directly relevant to their lives (Sugarcult, Sum 41, Blink 182) (boy/girlfriends breaking up with them, school, long summers etc) I went through a phrase of loving it because it was so relevant to a 13/14 year old. I was back to normal rock n roll by age 15 tho! haha

however, not ALL of the music is aimed at the age range tho. Some of it is perfectly fine (Billy Talent, Hell is for Heroes) and deals with a wide range of situations and suject matter, and is listened to by a wide range of people. That's why labelling people doesn't work.

I have no problem with it, but the music's really not my cup of tea lol

peace, love and happiness
Seashy :)

SalamanderExcess

#7 Post by SalamanderExcess » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:14 am

Probably is biased, but theres a heap of them at my school, and they are nasty... ill forget the emos

seashell

#8 Post by seashell » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:47 am

GuitarHero wrote:This is a somewhat bias and unnecessary post, but hopefully, with some intelligent opinions from the members here, you’ll change your attitude towards the subject.

The ‘EMO’ deal might not be your thing, but you won’t change a thing with these prejudice posts… I’m wondering what it is you’re trying to accomplish with this thread. Not everyone that is into ‘EMO’ wants to slit their wrists or die their hair black. You have to understand that human beings in general just want to fit in with something, which is one reason for the amount of gangs in this world. You should be grateful that the ‘EMO’ group isn’t violent and pretty much minds their own business.

Personally, I’m not into the ‘EMO’ thing or the music, but hey, I’m no country fan either. And if dying your hair and listening to sad music makes you feel better and helps you deal with the hardships of life, then good for you. At least they aren’t turning to cocaine or heroin…

In conclusion, you’re entitled to your opinion, but why post such hateful topics? And of all people, a Steve Vai fan; one who should believe in peace and love and good happiness stuff…

GH
agreed :D

Big Bad Bill

#9 Post by Big Bad Bill » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:22 am

What exactly is EMO-short for 'emotional' but what kinds of music and bands does the term cover? I can't seem to find a satisfactory definition of it with Google! I've read it's everything from Goth to Punk to Wheezer!

slash89

#10 Post by slash89 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:29 am

Mikey wrote:Why even waste your time thinking about it when you have good music like Steve Vai to listen to? ;)
True! There is no greater music in the universe

j1mi_h3ndrix

Re: EMO

#11 Post by j1mi_h3ndrix » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:46 pm

SalamanderExcess wrote:Jeeeez, what is up, i mean i hate to be nasty, but this is crazy.

What is it with the human mind that makes them all have squint black hair, is it a coincidence that they all want to slit their wrists.
And how come people who listen to the same whiney music be so unhappy, when really, they are happy, they hang out in town together jumping around and hugging like little emo bunnys. I dont get it........

Quoted from myspace "I hurt myself so you can't" and "Pain is the window to my soul"

Both who like funeral for a friend, atreyu, my chemical romance.
Both have badly died hair....!!! grrr

Sorry to offend anyone by the way, total opinion
none of those bands are true emo
emo is emotional punk,

all those kids are a bunch of poser "non"conformist bitches

real emo its like rites of spring - look them up

god, kids are so stupid these days

Nikkoe

#12 Post by Nikkoe » Mon May 01, 2006 6:08 pm

I like EMO...

...NOT! :wink:

Toofastforlove
Newcomer

#13 Post by Toofastforlove » Tue May 02, 2006 3:12 pm

blehh i can't stand emo...it's way to popular in my opinion. What's with that stupid hair cut?! I never understood why it would be so great to act like you are depressed and slit your wrists all the time and listen to REALLY bad music. I understand why some people slit their wrists, but they aren't trying to be some type of label. There are a lot of emo kids at my school...but there are also a lot of just plain ol' rockers, which is the good part.

SPQR

x

#14 Post by SPQR » Tue May 02, 2006 3:55 pm

Mikey a legend

j1mi_h3ndrix

#15 Post by j1mi_h3ndrix » Thu May 04, 2006 3:41 pm

Toofastforlove wrote:blehh i can't stand emo...it's way to popular in my opinion. What's with that stupid hair cut?! I never understood why it would be so great to act like you are depressed and slit your wrists all the time and listen to REALLY bad music. I understand why some people slit their wrists, but they aren't trying to be some type of label. There are a lot of emo kids at my school...but there are also a lot of just plain ol' rockers, which is the good part.
stoopid haircut isnt emo

its 'scene'

very common in hardcore music(the genre.. not just hard music)
but they go together because they all have gay hair

also, most emo kids dont actually cut their wrists, they jsut pose about it