Guitars SUCK 3: Revenge of the SUCK

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Axmanjr
Newcomer

If you were smart, IF you were smart, you would stop raping this thread and create a whole new thread devoted to this crazy ranting of yours.
knx777
Newcomer

or better still, compile a video as good as this :wink:
Miles_Coltrane
Newcomer

Ryan Layton wrote:That joke wasn't funny when YB said it. What made you think that you could make it work. People like you have no business in this argument. As far as I'm concerned, this is between YB, ShyBoy, and myself. You kids with only one or two posts to your name should stay out. between the 3 of us, we have all bases covered.
Perhaps you didn't catch it the first time.

"Post a video of you playing ANYTHING on the guitar Ryan, that is anot much to ask of someone talking the trash you're talking, otherwise just bow out of this thread and shut your damned mouth."
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

I just have to wonder why someone would spend so much time discussing something they hate so much. Does it make you feel somehow superior? Do you derive pleasure from lording your taste over others?

Ryan, I don't think you should continue posting in this thread. You don't like this music - and that's fine, but why spoil it for everyone else?

Do you spend your time on the Jessica Simpson forum telling everyone there how much she sucks too? What makes a person do what you're doing? It's perverse, and I'm asking you nicely to leave these guys to enjoy what they enjoy, and stop raining on their parade.

Be confident in the music you like, and leave the music you don't like to others who appreciate it. No need to throw your opinion around like it's mace at a birthday party...

In the end, art is subjective. Who are you to say one person's noise is better than another person's noise?

There are plenty of others threads you could be making a positive contribution to. Please spend your time on them.

As I said, I'm asking nicely, but the niceness won't last. It's only Tuesday, but my bullshit tolerance is at an all-time low.

Mikey
vai.com
prman

Ryan isn`t the only untolerant here...
brentm

What really chaps my hide about this thread is, why do people really give a shit about other peoples opinions?

I have a bunch of opinions about what you people say, and all personal insults aside, I see all the aspects. With that said, your opinions have no bearing on my enjoyment of music. My musical tastes are so wide and diverse; you could drive a Mack truck through them. At the end of the day, I could really care less about what people think.

At the end of the day, I'll still enjoy the music I enjoy, and hopefully you'll do the same.

This Guitars Suck thread sucks IMHO. And you know what they say about opinions.

Let me know when you opinionated blokes get your major record deal and I'll give you mine. :)

Cheers.
-Brent
Shy Boy

If you're looking for a big record deal, then you're into the wrong kind of music, bub. :)
prman

It`s amazing how we can`t even get along on these kind of basic issues. Think about the world leaders and how they have different opinions about religious and political issues. They are people like us. We really have no hope...

Well, that`s it about my pessimistic world saving. A lot more time should be spend on guitar playing than typing/talking about it. With that said I`m off to write some new material and sheet music for tonights band rehearsal! Wohoo!!!
Ryan Layton
Banned

The MAB comment may have been misinformed, I'll admit. Insert the name of almost any other shredder and it's point will become clear.
Shy Boy

Maybe you should leave instead.
Ryan Layton
Banned

When that it all that you have left to say in your defense, it becomes clear who has won the argument.
Miles_Coltrane
Newcomer

Ryan Layton wrote:When that it all that you have left to say in your defense, it becomes clear who has won the argument.
When you avoid a questions 3 times, it becomes very clear who has won the argument.

Now since you can't seem to read, there are two options here:

1. Post an enlightening video of yourself showing us the finer points of Jazz guitar, Classical guitar, or ANY type of guitar playing...

2. Shut your damned mouth and bow out of this thread.
Ryan Layton
Banned

You still don't understand. I have not dogged any question. I have explained to you that your desire for a video is irrational and can in no way settle anything in this dispute. You are looking for a reason to put me down because you have failed to settle any arguments with your words. Since you have joined this board you have made only 4 posts and all of them have been negative statements towards me and all of them have been gently pushed aside because they have done nothing to further this argument.

The only one who seemingly can't read would be you because I have laid out my (very logical) reasons for not wanting to display my playing for your biased ears. If you can not handle that, I am sorry. Plus, I'm not sure that I need to do that since you have already decided (without ever hearing me play a note) that I am a terrible guitarist with no chops or anything redeming about me. This is not logical. You are clearly very heady and you need to chill out with the whole video thing because it isn't going to happen.
cioran

Ryan Layton wrote:You still don't understand. I have not dogged any question. I have explained to you that your desire for a video is irrational and can in no way settle anything in this dispute. You are looking for a reason to put me down because you have failed to settle any arguments with your words. Since you have joined this board you have made only 4 posts and all of them have been negative statements towards me and all of them have been gently pushed aside because they have done nothing to further this argument.

The only one who seemingly can't read would be you because I have laid out my (very logical) reasons for not wanting to display my playing for your biased ears. If you can not handle that, I am sorry. Plus, I'm not sure that I need to do that since you have already decided (without ever hearing me play a note) that I am a terrible guitarist with no chops or anything redeming about me. This is not logical. You are clearly very heady and you need to chill out with the whole video thing because it isn't going to happen.
Are we surprised? I withdraw my previous statement that you are unwell, to a degree at least (below). However, it seems strange that Miles_Coltrane has you cold, and with only, as you stressed, four posts to his name.
I can't be bothered to scroll through this parody looking for quotes, but the "freshman" argument carries weight. At my department, (musicilogy),
at Uppsala University, people like you get the monicker "almost virgin". You cannot repeat the word "logic" enough, you think that you are sitting at Bog's right side because you have understood the very simplest of basics concerning what is commonly termed classical music, and you can't wait to tell the world all about it.
If, however, you are an A/R fool with a chip on your shoulder the size of NC, you are kindly but firmly asked to take your bussines elsewhere. Simple provocation does not a thesis make, nor a forum argument.
Throughout this entire travesty, you have shifted styles from the belligerent, the magesterial, the simply insulting, to the mistaken notion that you are somehow part of an elite. Thus, you qualify as a simpleton, with a very great deal to learn.
You state time and again that you speak from experience, that your logic is impeccable, and (amazingly) that you cannot be argued with. This is usually known as fundamentalism or absolutism, and it is about as profound as stating that the Earth is flat.
You are a beginner, a fool and an embarrasment. Your inconsequence of argument, your lapses and your cowardice only serve to prove this.

I know you claim to have the bases covered along with Shy Boy and YB, but the fact of the matter is that you are a sorrowful piece of debris with altogether too much childish narcicissm to be taken seriously, and you have insulted a lot of people on this forum with the claims implicit in your faltering arguments. Thus, I reserve the right to speak, and I fully expect you to stonewall and pounce on any opportumnity to avoid your cherished logic (gods, how a word can be abused) as it applies to yourself.

Sadly, there are several provocateurs on this forum already. You'd do us all a favor if you took your issues elsewhere.
Ryan Layton
Banned

You all make amazingly ungrounded asumptions. It seems that I am not as threatened by shred as you all are at music other than shred. This seems to be why at every mention of any other style of music you all ration that I am a novice.

You and Miles_Coltrane have gotten nothing done. Miles is trying to take the school-yard bully route and failing misrably. You are trying to flaunt the fact that you go to some music school and therefore can tell me what I do and do not know based on words that I have typed. This is rediclious. All of you are.

You in particular, cioran, are just as bad as Miles_Coltrane since you are taking this argument away from the guitarists in the video and just taking all of your anger due to me not likeing that music out on me as a guitarist that you have never once in your life listened to or even observed.

You try to belittle me and send me away from the forum with my tail between my legs but it will not work. You need to realize what the purpose of this argument is (the skill of the guitarists in the video at hand) and then make points to further the ideas one way or the other. If you have some sort of anger problem towards me, it isn't my problem. You have chosen to take this in a different direction that is in no way relevent to the origional subject. If anyone may be called a simpleton it is you and your sub-par debating skills.