Guitars SUCK 3: Revenge of the SUCK

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Ryan Layton
Banned

I'm not trying to turn you people onto any new music. If you think that this shred stuff is complex, I don't think you're ready to move forward. If you would like, why not trying to listen to some Debussy or Jullian Bream's Ultimate Guitar Collection.
Shy Boy

Learn to use the edit button, tard.

I hope your friends aren’t as pathetic as you are. Maybe you haven’t noticed, but your effortless replies haven’t done shit. Yngtchie has made nothing but good points, and you’ve only replied like the know-nothing ass that you are. Maybe you should take your own advice about not losing your temper on an online forum...
Ryan Layton wrote:Jesus Christ... I hate this shit.
Ryan Layton wrote:You listen to shitty music.
Ryan Layton wrote:I know that this is doing nothing other than agrivating all of you... which is why I've kept it up for so long on ever Guitars Suck forum that has ever come to be.
Ryan Layton wrote:You are a complete fucking idiot.
God, you’re a mental.
Yngtchie Blacksteen

Ryan Layton wrote:I have listened to enough Lane to know that I dislike him. Friends have put his music on while we're together, people have sent me his songs over the internet and I have watched videos. I liked none of it. So why would I go and try to listen to a whole album of music that I already do not like?
I'm giving you some good music recommendations, music that in no way resemble the descriptions you've given of his music. Like Icon, which could never be considered "heavy-handed", no matter how you slice it. It's certainly more musically mature than anything I've heard from Vai, to use your example.
Ryan Layton wrote:I'm not sure exactly what you think my argument is regarding Lane. I dislike him. I know that. I have listened to enough of his music to form an opinion of it and it just so happened to be negative. I have my reasons too. I think that he has written things that SHOULD be very good. Take Gray Pianos Flying for example. If he would just slow it down and actually make some melodic ideas instead of playing warp-speed guitar licks, that could be an awesome song, but instead, it's just a headache inducing barage of speed, not even creative enough to have some rhythmic variation.
It has some fast sections, yeah, but also a beautiful slow solo with some beautiful melodic licks. I think it's a great song, and it's totally different from his work with Hellborg.
Ryan Layton wrote:I know what I'm talking about, ok? I know that you type all of this stuff out and think that you've made a great point, and get so pleased with yourself, but you need to realize two things:

1) You have not made a single impressive point yet. Everything that either of you have said only makes me roll my eyes and I reply to your poor logic without any effort.

2) You are on an online forum and still losing your temper. Do yourself a favor and make some real friends, at least buy a dog or something, and get out of the basement for a while.
There's no need to be condescending. I'm just replying to your endless barrage of negative rants that don't seem to have other purpose than to offend others. Besides, I don't see how I am "losing my temper" by replying to your posts in a normal way. I'm pretty sure you'll reply to this post with more insults and 'clever' remarks, but I hope you'll think twice about that. Stop acting so abrasively, and just try discussing this in a normal way, without trying to offend others. I'm willing to keep this discussion on a civilized level, without verbal attacks. Are you?
Ryan Layton
Banned

Hmm, I see, those really are the only words that I have typed this entire time. Wow, I'm an ignorant piece of shit, huh?

Why don't you go back and read the rest of my posts, you illiterate twat. I am pretty sure that I have said a little bit more than I you have given me credit for.

Your previous statement acomplished absolutly nothing. Nice try though.
Shy Boy

No, it accomplished exactly what I intended it to. You’ve just given us another hypocritical example of you losing your temper right after trying to act all cool while telling people not to lose their’s.
Ryan Layton wrote:I don't think you're ready to move forward. If you would like, why not trying to listen to some Debussy or Jullian Bream's Ultimate Guitar Collection.
You know for a fact we enjoy “shed” because we recognize it’s beauty and complexities, so why did you drop a couple of names for us right after saying that we’re not ready to move forward? You elitist dick, not only did you spell Julian Bream’s name incorrectly, but you’re recommending classical music. That isn’t what I’d call moving forward. Progressive instrumental rock/fusion is what I’d much quicker call evolving music. Classical is fine, and it has it’s place, but it certainly isn’t the logical progression of instrumental guitar music. Don’t expect someone to replace Steve Vai with Claude Debussy just because you hate shred.
Ryan Layton
Banned

Ok, boys, I have some work that I need to get done. At the moment, you are only serving to distract me. Maybe we can do this again some other time.
Shy Boy

Yeah, good one, loser. Way to dodge ever having to give a decent explination.

If you hate shred so much, then why do you post on a Steve Vai general music forum? Obviously we mostly discuss artists just like these, and no one wants to have to deal with your shithead trolling while they’re trying to enjoy themselves. Why don’t you head on over to a classical guitar fan forum so you can start sucking the other user’s dicks while blabbing on about your musical awakening to the complexities of classical guitar, and your casting away of all things shred?
Yngtchie Blacksteen

Ryan Layton wrote:Ok, boys, I have some work that I need to get done. At the moment, you are only serving to distract me. Maybe we can do this again some other time.
Translation: You made excellent points, and didn't lose your temper even though you should after reading my posts. My trolling failed, and I don't have any clever comeback remarks. Darn.
Ryan Layton
Banned

The two posts above serve as a wonderful representation of Shy Boy losing it. He has run out of logical fire power and is not nit-picking my type-o's in an effort to make me feel bad about myself because he has been incorrect all this time and wastes his life making videos about guitarists who do nothing but play scales to a metronome all day.

When I said "move forward" I meant "stop listening to this cave man, pissing contest music". I realize that to go from Vai to Granados is to go back in time, but this music is an incomprehendable distance ahead of shred in terms of complexity. When I was playing electric guitar, I had learned FTLOG perfectly after only six months of playing. Now, as a classical guitarist, I am finding it MUCH more difficult. This is experience talking. Classical music in general is much more complex than modern music. Take a look at keyboard instruments even. A Jordan Rudess solo is simple scales up and down at the speed of light. People that play classical piano hear that and laugh. They hear Chopin's "The Ocean" and tremble.

You are both kind of misinformed when it comes to music. I really hope that you can both open your minds and ears to real music.
Yngtchie Blacksteen

I thought you had some work that needed to be done.
thelordofcheesecake

Ryan Layton wrote:The two posts above serve as a wonderful representation of Shy Boy losing it. He has run out of logical fire power and is not nit-picking my type-o's in an effort to make me feel bad about myself because he has been incorrect all this time and wastes his life making videos about guitarists who do nothing but play scales to a metronome all day.

When I said "move forward" I meant "stop listening to this cave man, pissing contest music". I realize that to go from Vai to Granados is to go back in time, but this music is an incomprehendable distance ahead of shred in terms of complexity. When I was playing electric guitar, I had learned FTLOG perfectly after only six months of playing. Now, as a classical guitarist, I am finding it MUCH more difficult. This is experience talking. Classical music in general is much more complex than modern music. Take a look at keyboard instruments even. A Jordan Rudess solo is simple scales up and down at the speed of light. People that play classical piano hear that and laugh. They hear Chopin's "The Ocean" and tremble.

You are both kind of misinformed when it comes to music. I really hope that you can both open your minds and ears to real music.

Why? Just why?

Why do people like you exist who KNOW that their way is the ONLY way? You and your kind are a cancer on this planet.

You're arguing against a technical form of complexity and saying that modern music is pathetic simply because of a different form of complexity.

I can't think of much to say apart from: I really don't like you.

(The tone of this message should be one of lamentation.)
Ryan Layton
Banned

Technical complexity can very easily translate into beauty if done correctly. I do not think that Cooley is the correct use of technicality. You can come to my school and ask the cellists about the technical complexity of Beethoven's 9th Symphony and you'll probably find that they have plenty to say about it. Please note that Beethoven's 9th is one of the most famous and beautiful pieces of music ever written.
thelordofcheesecake

Ryan Layton wrote:Technical complexity can very easily translate into beauty if done correctly. I do not think that Cooley is the correct use of technicality. You can come to my school and ask the cellists about the technical complexity of Beethoven's 9th Symphony and you'll probably find that they have plenty to say about it. Please note that Beethoven's 9th is one of the most famous and beautiful pieces of music ever written.
You talk as if you're the only person in the world who listens to or knows anything about classical music - why?
chris_lpp

yes so do i...

some of the only things on that were the acoustic gigs, the rest was talentless music coming from fast fingers (TMCFFF)...which made the better guitarists look bad, eg.....the cyclops guy playing slow

Plus the first guy was a wanker, the shredding shit bores me to tears. If i played it i would get bored and only retards wouldnt in the audience. Stuff bad rythm and shredding over it with random sweeps, dont correct me because im not wrong but it all sounds the same. Nice video anyways, i think the more talented music should be in the next one with no shred that shows technique and style, nothing that gives me a sore head and makes everyone feel like they should give up guitar if shit like that is played on them.
Last edited by chris_lpp on Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yngtchie Blacksteen

Ryan Layton wrote:Technical complexity can very easily translate into beauty if done correctly. I do not think that Cooley is the correct use of technicality. You can come to my school and ask the cellists about the technical complexity of Beethoven's 9th Symphony and you'll probably find that they have plenty to say about it. Please note that Beethoven's 9th is one of the most famous and beautiful pieces of music ever written.
I see we're still distracting you from your work.