Guitars SUCK 3: Revenge of the SUCK

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Shy Boy

... is here!

Consider it a peace offering. :wink: I was just having a bad day yesterday.
LukeB

Sweet man. That blind guy amazes me.
Guitar_freaak

Good work putting in John Butler , he is an awesome player , and even better live . :P And Justin king kicks ass too , Allan Holdsworth is great too .
LukeB

Yeah i agree. Justin King is awesome.

And Michael Romeo; I love symphony x.
esimguitar

Justin King is really good, i just recently got some of his music

and Michael Romeo...wow, he is also really good
GregN

micheal romeo is sick as shit

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... hael+romeo

(The Guitar Chapter)
brentm

I think I missed Guitars Suck episodes 1 & 2. :)
pataman

brentm wrote:I think I missed Guitars Suck episodes 1 & 2. :)
me too, what r u guys talking about? and YES Michael Romeo is insane
Zebula77

Mhm, I've tried doing that tapping part from 'Sea Of Lies' for quite some time, but I have no idea how he gets them to sound so smooth. Unbelievable tapping technique!

I really liked that guy playing the acoustic with the capo. Serious intensity there! My foot was stomping to the rhythm like crazy.
Yngtchie Blacksteen

pataman wrote:
brentm wrote:I think I missed Guitars Suck episodes 1 & 2. :)
me too, what r u guys talking about?
http://vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16749
http://vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16627
cioran

Awesome once again, Shy Boy. Found some new ones to follow and a couple to avoid :) . I know (all too well) we don't agree on Rusty, but I have to admit that arpeggio stuff was pretty cool.

Always great to see King in action, but in my opinion Butler was even better - he showed a talent for dynamics that is sadly lacking amongst many players, and when he went for it he ruled.

Also nice to see Reb Beach tearing it up (damn, I sound like I'm half asleep and substandard phrases are racing for my keyboard - long day), although judging from the outfit this was a while back? I love it when metal players get a groove going, something that actually swings even if the drums are as mobile as cinder blocks - Nuno Bettencourt used to be great at this. I say "used" because I have no clue as to what he - or Beach - are doing now. Any info appreciated...

Sort of off topic, but where is Rick Renstrom from? I ask because his disabilities (don't know how pc that word is) strongly resemble those a number of people suffered because of a medical drug used by many women as a mild painkiller and general comforter during pregnancy; this was about four decades ago, and hundreds of children were born with deformities before the connection was made. In Sweden the drug was marketed under the name Neurosedyn, and the whole tragic affair was probably the worst in our modern (medical) history. Likely other countries were affected too, but since his name sounds Scandinavian turned Anglo...?
Amazing show of overcoming misfortune in any event. If we all had that kind of willpower...

Ah well, another great service to us all, Shy Boy. Major kudos.
All the best.
j1mi_h3ndrix

good job again
Shy Boy

I don't follow Reb closely, but I think he released a vocal rock/metal album not very long ago, which was quite heavy on the guitar. He told me he's currently working on an instrumental guitar album. That video is from his old "Cutting Loose" VHS (which can be found on eBay sometimes). He says his most asked question ever is "what's the name of that song and what album of yours is it from?" The funny part is that it's only on that VHS, and he never named it. He said he might re-record it for this new instrumental CD.

Rick Renstrom? I assumed that he was a victim of that drug, but I think he's from the US. Can't be sure. His website is outdated, and I can't find any info on what he's doing now. I’ve tried emailing him, but to no avail. I got his solo album for my birthday in March, and it’s been pretty fun to listen to. Roughly half-instrumental/half-vocal.

Glad you liked it. Remember to send me any cool instrumental videos that you think would be great for the next Guitars SUCK!
Zebula77

FYI Reb Beach plays in Whitesnake now. I saw a recent concert (2004 I think) and he was one of the guitarists. Good stuff, too. :wink:
Ryan Layton
Banned

Jesus Christ... I hate this shit.