Double-neck Video (MAB)

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
johny

This is pretty awesome stuff.

http://www.deanguitars.com/angelo/mab_videos/

:headbang
mi2tom

saw this before... he's a freak 8) :guitar
OU812Manny

Hey dude, I am also a member of MAB's Street Team. Steve Vai and MAB are my fav's. There is no way you could have seen this vid before. They just posted it like yesterday. It is unbelievable that he can do it and make it so musical. Especially where he plays the moving bass on one neck and the lead on the other. That blew my mind. And it sounds so cool.
toms-ruin

hurray he can play with two hands at the same time,

but to be honest he cud stand on the back of a wild lion with his pubic hair on fire, playing a 17 neck, 92 fret mandolin!
untill he comes up with a little thing called melody then its all pointless.
its just noise!

thank you and good night 8)
OU812Manny

You didn't even watch the vid. All you did was spout off tired rhetoric about - he has no melody blah blah blah. Watch the video instead of talking trash. He pays tribute to Hendrix, Ozzy, and a bunch of others. I guess they have no melody either right?
mi2tom

oops guys sorry I thought it was the other video so I didn't click on the link

nice one Thanks!!!
toms-ruin

believe me i watched the video

and ill addmit that he is a technical wirzard wen it comes to playing,

and i noticed the "tributes" u talk of

but i also still think that the video is the biggest load of f***in* claptrap iv seen in ages!

ye, the people he took the riffs from had melody but he managed to trow that out the window in the style he performed them in.
cioran

I concur. The sad part is that, given the quotes, this is the best music I've heard MAB perform. When it's all his own stuff it's even more miserable.
Still, great showmanship, I'll give him that.
Arkka

For me it was very entertaining. But then again I like watching acrobatics and jugglers too. I haven't listened his music much, but I must say he's a showman and I admire him for that.

And as I said I really don't know his music that much, but good or bad does it always have to be about music? I don't hear anyone complaining to pilots why they don't fly by feel. That's why I like shredders. Technical ability amazes me :lol:
Zebula77

Very cool video. I'm not a fan of his playing or his tone, but he's certainly great to watch and the stuff he does is really impressive. :D

Are there more videos like this? I've seen a few but this was the best one so far.
Guitar_freaak

For me MAB has still not tapped the doubleneck guitars potential yet , its capable of so much more than hes using it for . Sure harmonised riffs sound okay the first time , but it gets boring . Other guys like Adam Fulara have managed to train themselves well enough to beable to play classical music meant for piano , on a double neck , and the result sounds amazing . If MAB could do this but apply it to his own music i would be more impressed .
j1mi_h3ndrix

toms-ruin wrote:hurray he can play with two hands at the same time,

but to be honest he cud stand on the back of a wild lion with his pubic hair on fire, playing a 17 neck, 92 fret mandolin!
untill he comes up with a little thing called melody then its all pointless.
its just noise!

thank you and good night 8)
loser
jemgirl

awsome stuff.
thnx for sharing johny :wink:
Seraphim

Very very awesome stuff!!!

This guitar is indicated for me. When I was a kid I have the ambidextrous problem and sometimes I play my cousin guitar with left hand and sometimes with right hand, thats why I stop playin... :cry: or don't 8)
shyboy12

That's awesome! I've seen it before though... Btw, I'm ambidextrious you know... Except, I've never tried playing left handed guitar... But I can write with both hands. :D