buckethead on video!!!!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

Freaky or not, he jams with the best of them & he puts on one heck of a live show; in the top 5 that I've ever been to.
treeduck

j1mi_h3ndrix wrote:les paul shredding!?
Do you really think it matters what kind of guitar you use? :roll: :lol:
j1mi_h3ndrix

treeduck wrote:
j1mi_h3ndrix wrote:les paul shredding!?
Do you really think it matters what kind of guitar you use? :roll: :lol:

its just crazy!

This man is beyond talented. There's not anyone like him, anywhere, period.

:mrgreen:
j1mi_h3ndrix

you llittle double post demon
Alkool

i like this!!

patricia[/quote]

Ok, no arguing on that! I just love this maniac!

Thanks, Patricia!
cioran

Amazing stuff, I don't know whether the 8-finger tapping or the slap-style rhythms were the craziest. (Apart from the man himself, that is.) Clearly a lot of musical talent, but does he have any actual music out there apart from these...performance art type things? I'd love to hear it.
You do realize, that without the net, this guy would be known to, like, 29 people...?
Alkool

cioran wrote:Amazing stuff, I don't know whether the 8-finger tapping or the slap-style rhythms were the craziest. (Apart from the man himself, that is.) Clearly a lot of musical talent, but does he have any actual music out there apart from these...performance art type things? I'd love to hear it.
You do realize, that without the net, this guy would be known to, like, 29 people...?
You must be kidding, right? Buckethead has been touring with gun'n'roses... and that's just a minor part of his works... just check some early 90's guitar magazines...

He's one hell of a performer, composer, and guitar player... hey, let's start a new thread here: next G3 must include him! I'm just kidding, Mikey, k?

There's another thread with some of Buckethead's music listed. His accomplishments are quite varied, from shred, to world music. I'll go pull up the other thread for you cioran. :wink:
dweezil 9

Do we know if Vai and Buckethead are aware of eachother enough to jam or anything? I mean have they met before?

Maybe they met during the recording of the Ghosts of Mars soundtrack? :?
dweezil 9

Possibly, did oyu see how they din't have bucketheads name in the credits to that "recording music to ghosts of mars soundtrack" documentry. Or was it under Biran Carroll? Damn I didn't look for that. I just thought they would have put buckethead in credits.
Animal 06

k...seems like a good guitarist....but im over the whole fucking mask thing!

"seems like a GOOD guitarist!?" :? Um, he's much, much more than simply a "good guitarist," & the mask & bucket are his identity, it's his shtick & when you're as great as he is, you can dress up & be as silly as you want to be.

I you haven't, go see him live & I bet you'll be like: "I love the bucket, the mask, the robot walk, the chickenhead puppet, heck, I even like the banjo now!!!" You might even acquire a new fondness for chickens, dead or alive!!! :mrgreen: