fastest guitarist? who is he?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
cioran

Wonderful rant, NatiFable. I love your integrity, but perhaps you would be better served using your own blog. Failing that, there's Xanax... A word to the wise, is all.
cioran

cioran wrote:Wonderful rant, NatiFable. I love your integrity, but perhaps you would be better served using your own blog. Failing that, there's Xanax... A word to the wise, is all.
I've slept on it (please allow for time zones) and I see I was out of line.
NatiFable; mea culpa. I'm sorry, man. So what if you seem a little intense - the forum can take it, and it's none of my business in any event. I reserve the right to disagree, but the above was a cheap shot and I'd like to think I'm better than that. Apology extended.
NatiFable

:D cioran

For anyone to think that I'm 'angry' is so silly. If I'm perceived as angry then refer to your own state of mind and how you've read and colored my posts.

As far as, personal attacks-What attacks are these? Defending oneself and ones opinion is suddenly wrong? If it hurts, then walk it off. My response to espen was just that, it's espen's . Guitar_freaaaak is now reading all my posts because he got a little loving care as well. So now he's trying to 'defend' someone that poppped off at me, and doesn't like my retort? Please.

Like Yngweee said once, "That's my opinion and you're entitled to it".

All my posts are to be read 'good buddy' style <even the ones where someone, and it's very rare, has gotten a scolding>. They are supposed to be read in a 'wouldn't bullshit you way'. Do you know what? I still haven't bullshitted anyone?

Like I've already mentioned, if you choose to read it as, he is so 'angry' then by all means-misread it. Color it with whatever defense mechanism you choose. But, if you come at me, telling me what I should say or do...then you will hear from me. I can dish out as well as I can take <and alot of times, much better>, I don't think there is anyone on this board that can say any different.

If I've been so 'ugly' and 'angry' and if my thoughts here have been so 'horrible' or 'offensive' then why haven't the monitors jumped in and closed me down?

Nothing I've said is 'bad form'.

So, for those of you that 'get it' and can have fun and smile and say, 'Oh man, he's crazy, that's funny...' then great! For those of you that get all 'riled' up and take something I've posted and you 'freak'...then please re-read and don't take it as a personal threat to your entire being. <That or really listen to "F*ck Yourself" by Mr. Vai, hey I'm for helping people...>

BUT, if you decide to vent, then be prepared for a response.

peace and light
<Kung Fu tried to be peaceful too, it's always when the backward assed citizens of Anytown USA messed with him and got their asses handed back to them>

*Oh, and 'guitar_freeeakkk', I love your forum name, it's so perfectly you, in more ways than you realize*
cioran

Um...indeed. Actually my second post was only what you see. I haven't argued with your opinions or come at you guns blazing with references to "anger" or "personal attacks", as your post seems to indicate. I'm hoping that was directed to others. When I have a real problem I'll tell you. If or until that happens, let's keep the peace and watch the videos, yes? Take care.
Guitar_freaak

To NatiFable

Hey man , i dont really care about all that crap anyway , if it was all in good fun then i can see the funny side in your posts . I dont even remember what i was arguing about now so ill just say sorry for whatever it was i said .

Oh , and feel free to make fun of my name , it doesn't matter , its not my real one anyway so it doesn't bother me :lol: .
udy

xxxYNGWIExxx wrote:First of all he couldent be faster(or much faster)than this guy
http://www.francescofareri.com/fareri_suspension.wmv
second, even if he was he would sound just like him dull and boring.
For God's sake!!! Who is he? It is abnormal. I like this but he is one of the very very quicker players like Batio, Becker etc.... . He use similar sound and trick than others. Yes great but he will never be a legend.
Shade

Playing fast is an indication of a skillfull guitarist, but not always a skillful musician.

Though fast playing is fun :). Even if it just meant to show off...in moderation it's really cool.

But when the entire song/solo is an un-memorable beedededededededededededededede...

I just don't see the point.
Magnifico

idont think 80 notes per second is possible...
anyways fastest guitarist i know of is Michael angelo batio, and hes speed isabout 20 notes per second..
i dont think its even possible for a human hear to hear more then like 25 notes per second..
udy

Be careful? If the songs include only quick fingers and these aren't impressed or these aren't played effectively, tomorrow you don't remember which tracks You heard yesterday. He won't be a guitar hero.
mi2tom

Michael angelo batio
singleton33
Newcomer

Paco DeLucia
udy

xxxYNGWIExxx wrote:First of all he couldent be faster(or much faster)than this guy
Yes, he is great but unfortunately as it strikes me, he is only quick. OK. I wish I played so well but I am not enthusiastic about such a too quick play. Interesting Yngwie, Gilbert, Vai, Satch, Tatrai make me impress so much.
willjay

Well, i`ve spent about the last month clocking all of the fastest guitarists i can possibly think of, and i have so far collected around 150 `1 second fast picking clips` (with a slowed down version of each clip, for anyone to check), and up till now, as far as alternate picking is concerned, Shawn Lane still tops the list at around 19 notes per second.

Here is a clip of Shawn picking a 3 note per string diminished string skipping lick, in the last few second he reaches a speed of 19 nps (groups of 6 at 190 bpm) :
http://rapidshare.de/files/8150054/Shaw ... 5.mp3.html

Here`s a different, 1 second clip of Shawn picking that diminished shape at 19 notes per second :
http://rapidshare.de/files/9342331/Shaw ... _.mp3.html

Here is that 1 second clip slow :
http://rapidshare.de/files/9342425/Shaw ... _.mp3.html

Willie Jordan. :D
G-rocKing
Newcomer

I just can't seem to find any interest in guitarists who do nothing but play scales as fast as reflexively possible. It has NO style, NO emotion, NO Voice and above all NO respect from the guitar community. I mean look at Malsteen or Batio. Their songs start off with some power chords maybe an arpeggio, and then *B<A>M* 5 minutes of scales from Head to Bottom.
Old_Chatterhand
Newcomer

eeehhhhh ... this sucks!

This thing bored me after just one minute... I think speed is interesting if it's used in an emotional way, the climax of W.A.P for example - or _some_ cool licks throwed in. This above is just mindless... I couldn't play _that_ fast but i've a better vibrato :wink:

jm2c