fastest guitarist? who is he?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
stratocastermaster

i just heard of a guitarist Andy Van Hatcher who is "the fastest of all time" i heard he can play anythting from 45-80 notes per second...fisrt of who is this guy? second is he really the fastest ever? third how many nps can he really play? fourth does anyone have any sound clips?
NatiFable

OMG!!! Really??? <sarcasm turned up>

So what, y'know. I'm happy for him, but really so what. Y'know, Steve Vai is fast, how fast? Fast enough. He's a Lamborgini, he looks sharp, he's stock, and he's capable of intense speeds.

All the other guys are like these ugly one function rocket cars they have to drag out to the desert and fire off like some Coyote cartoon of old. You can't steer it, you can't take it on the road, you set this thing of and it just goes until it runs out of gas.

Of all the great guitarist, let alone musicians out there creating for the world, it is so very sad, such a sad state of affairs when people keep looking for these guys who have done nothing but live under the family porch with a guitar and have done nothing but tried to play fast. Go and listen to a Stevie Ray Vaughan album... or Sarah Vaughan for that matter.

"And the Grammy for 'fastest guitarist of the year' goes to:"

peace and light
RAI

NatiFable wrote:Of all the great guitarist, let alone musicians out there creating for the world, it is so very sad, such a sad state of affairs when people keep looking for these guys who have done nothing but live under the family porch with a guitar and have done nothing but tried to play fast. Go and listen to a Stevie Ray Vaughan album... or Sarah Vaughan for that matter.

peace and light
Amen...

:)
Andreas Elling

Shit, thats farking fast. I want to know more but can find nothing on him except pages of people saying that he can play 80nps, I think this is bull shit, as if anyone can play this fast, I doubt anyone could even do 30nps and thats not even half the speed of 80nps. I want proof not confirmation from some other head saying "Trust me, i've seen him" or anything along those lines.
"And the Grammy for 'fastest guitarist of the year' goes to:"
It goes to ME and thats final

Why do people have to bash speed, there is nothing wrong with it, sure it might sound boring and crap a lot of times but some people have a pashion for speed while others don't, thats fair enough. People have to find their own purpose in life and if going fast is your purpose then by all means go right ahead and if negativity then youis what you do best are a complete dim wit.
PaulEMoz

:?
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

I love fast playing, especially when it's done articulately, but what in the heck does GWB have to do with guitarists that play fast? :?
mi2tom

Have you guys heard of Jeremy barnes..... http://www.jeremybarnes.com.au/lower.html
stratocastermaster

Andreas Elling wrote:Shit, thats farking fast. I want to know more but can find nothing on him except pages of people saying that he can play 80nps, I think this is bull shit, as if anyone can play this fast, I doubt anyone could even do 30nps and thats not even half the speed of 80nps. I want proof not confirmation from some other head saying "Trust me, i've seen him" or anything along those lines.
thats what i suspect..there seems to be no evidence that he is even alive aside from those people saying he plays 80 nps
Andreas Elling

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher wrote:I love fast playing, especially when it's done articulately, but what in the heck does GWB have to do with guitarists that play fast? :?

Dude you didn't get the point about GWB.

He has nothing to do with fast guitar playing and on this site it is becomming more then a joke with people saying how shit speed guitar is for some people its an obsession. I was trying to point out that there are better things to bash then fast guitar playing. I hope you can understand.

I love fast playing aswell I like Yngwie but some of his stuff get real boring quick I also like Paul Gilbert and Jason Becker but to me most of shred that comes out these days seems a bit bland for my likeing and I can't see a reason why people have to give shit remarks about it all the time
Moderator777

No politics here. Deleted political material. Keep on topic please.

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com
Stranger
Newcomer

I thing “fast guitar” must be powerful tool to achieve an object, but not object.
Cadmus
Newcomer

i thought yngwie was the fastest...
though playin fast stuff doesnt mean anthg....
xxxYNGWIExxx

First of all he couldent be faster(or much faster)than this guy
http://www.francescofareri.com/fareri_suspension.wmv
second, even if he was he would sound just like him dull and boring.
Last edited by xxxYNGWIExxx on Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreamongirl

RAI wrote:
NatiFable wrote:Of all the great guitarist, let alone musicians out there creating for the world, it is so very sad, such a sad state of affairs when people keep looking for these guys who have done nothing but live under the family porch with a guitar and have done nothing but tried to play fast. Go and listen to a Stevie Ray Vaughan album... or Sarah Vaughan for that matter.

peace and light
Amen...

:)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
NatiFable

My dear god. I love to play very fast! It's great having that color at my disposal. But to live your life in the 'Quest for Fire' or 'Last Crusade' to find-the 'fastest guitarist in the world'. Please...

I'm sorry, I have to be honest here. I'm not writing out of any kind of anger, I'm writing out of an intense humor! I find this "World's Fastest"attitude extremely funny, so very FUNNY! Have you ever seen or heard something so funny that you actually hesitate, you pause, it takes a couple of seconds to actually start convulsing with laughter? That's what the 'Speed at any cost' people do to me.

They are the dear 'Brundle' flies of the world-they eat powdered donuts, covered with 'vomited up-syrupy stomach acid' and chasing that with gallons of 'Redbull' energy drinks to get their heart beating like hummingbirds on crack! They can never be in bands or write actual songs because they crash and sleep for days and start the whole natural 'speed' cycle all over again!

They do everything fast-drive fast, make love like the 'Flash', shave off moles on their faces because they can shave in 2 seconds. Shit fast, wipe faster, run into walls, talk like auctioneers, ect...

They also type messages on this board that make no sense, half thought and half realized ideas. They have no structure, no beginning, no wrap up, no spell check, no humor, no point-much like their 'speed at any cost' ethos.

Who's the fastest guitarist in the world? Why the f*ck stop there? Who is the Fastest Guitarist in the Solar System? The Fastest Guitarist in the Entire Universe? Who is this Holy Grail person? This rosetta stone that will get an extra 5 hits on his/her website this month? And by all means let's 'Knight' him/her, let's exault them with the 'Virtuoso' crown! Everyone throws that one out like it's confetti anyway!

And so it goes, on and on, all you hypertensive types will listen in awe to a person go into a tendon popping display. Then all of the rest of us will have to read through the 'Ol:

"Does anyone have the TAB for the "Spastic Colon Perpetuo"? You actually shit yourself at the end of the piece-talk about a showstopper!, I can't hear all the notes because I don't live in the Matrix, please help me..."

While we're all at it, we might as well bestow a few other meaningless, groundless, will never be able to find out-who the world would want to be 'Hardy Boys and/or Nancy Drew' type people out there that have THAT kinda time:

Greatest Divebomber
Blurriest picking hand
Pinch harmonic master
Greatest Picked note ever
Who tunes up the best
Nicest Strap
Who holds the pick best?
Nicest stage clothes
Best Knees
Worst Guitar Typist <there are a few on this board up for that one ;) >
Nicest watch
Best use of leather
Greatest pickup color scheme
Coolest manicured nails
Most beer bottles thrown at the most notes played in a biker bar
ECT and ad nauseum...

Fastest gutarist reads-Who plays the absolute most amount of meaningless, mangled notes in a second? Not who produces the most style from their techniques <all kinds of different techniques other than...ta da...speed>.

So in closing, for all of you who are so passionate about 'Speed' then what the hell are you doing on the internet? Get practicing! Time's a wasting, You're burning sunlight, start the 'Whirling Dervish Promanade' in the key of Gee why?

peace and light