The Great Kat

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
V41

The Great Kat

#1 Post by V41 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:07 pm

My brother posted some constructive criticism on her guestbook, and she wrote him an e-mail straightway in all caps:

From : The Great Kat Guitar Goddess <greatkat@greatkat.com>
Reply-To : The Great Kat Guitar Goddess <greatkat@greatkat.com>
Sent : Thursday, September 1, 2005 6:53 PM
To : sageofnoon@hotmail.com
Subject : CEASE AND DESIST

CEASE AND DESIST FROM YOUR HARRASSING GUESTBOOK MESSAGES IMMEDIATELY. YOUR HARRASSING MESSAGE HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO OUR LAWYERS.

Now what the hell is that about? All he did was say what he liked and didn't like. You just can't tell what to expect from anyone these days.

But anyway, between her and Rolly Jint, I feel like the future of guitar is kind of bleak. :evil:

thelordofcheesecake

#2 Post by thelordofcheesecake » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:15 pm

What was your brother's message?

Oh, and she scares me with the whole blood and insane eyes and stupidly large mouth thing she has going on.

miker

Re: The Great Kat

#3 Post by miker » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:34 pm

V41 wrote:Now what the hell is that about?
Pretty simple really... she doesn't want anything but bootlickers and ass kissers posting in her guestbook. The Great sKat...the great steaming pile of crap. Her interview in the Eric Johnson issue of Guitar Player (September issue) is unreadable garbage. I rented her DVD ("The Great Kat") and it is unwatchable garbage. I find her music unlistenable garbage. I usually try not to talk shit about guitar players in general. But this chick rubs me the wrong way. Every picture has a gaping mouth -- she even does that in the videos -- is it frozen that way? ...is it even physically possible for her to close it? (if not, it would be pretty hilarious to watch her eat something... with her jaw stuck wide open like that). I wonder what she looks and sounds like when she talks -- maybe some things are best left to the imagination though...

She does have nice hooters... I guess there's two things I like about her.
V41 wrote:But anyway, between her and Rolly Jint, I feel like the future of guitar is kind of bleak. :evil:
You're shitting me right? ...how the hell are these two old clowns the future of guitar?

V41

#4 Post by V41 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:43 pm

Because they're bad enough for their negative energy to totally negate anything good that might go on!

miker

#5 Post by miker » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:58 pm

Steve Vai's "Real Illusions" and Eric Johnson's "Bloom" albums totally negate those two... and then some. 8)

There IS good stuff going on with guitar!!! ...but that's not it. :lol:

bluesbreaker

#6 Post by bluesbreaker » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:32 pm

Everytime I read that interview on Guitar Player I just laugh hard. It's a piece of joke really. Who the hell in this world call himself/herself "virtuoso"? That term is given by the public but not by one self. And...........she doesn't sound like an educated musician from Julliard, does she? It's OK if she wanna "speed up" the masterpieces by Beethoven and company, but I wonder if she can stop whining and bullshiting around with that stupid outfit and be serious for God's sake!
Besides, she may think she's the only woman who play the axe with balls. Well how about Jennifer Batten or Bonnie Raitt? Or Katrina Johannsson?
She think most pople are stupid. Well she's one of them.

Vaituoso

#7 Post by Vaituoso » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:37 am

She may think that she's got the chops from hell. But Steve Vai owns her soul. So many cats (pun intended) out there who can sweep the floor with her.

By the way, her music sucks.

Instrumentalrockrocks
Location: Rotterdam - Holland (well not really Oud-Beijerland actually but nobody knows that)

#8 Post by Instrumentalrockrocks » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:06 am

The Great Kat is the worst, stupdiest, guitar player in the world...

Where are you now with your stupid laywers Kat???

Come on! Bring it on...

Shred On :guitar

miker

#9 Post by miker » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:11 am

Instrumentalrockrocks wrote:Where are you now with your stupid laywers Kat???
Just an empty threat to get you to stop posting in her guestbook... I hear if her band mates don't lick her boots too... she shit cans them. Must be really fun to jam with someone you are required to grovel on the floor in front of upon request. :roll:

The Wolf

#10 Post by The Wolf » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:31 am

The thing I dislike about her is that she flaunts the idea that she is superior to other people/ guitarists. If she could have been less like a peacock I might have given her a chance.

munchocruncho

#11 Post by munchocruncho » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:22 pm

If she would just act normal for a second I would give her a chance.
But until then... Shes just another annoying attention whore.

Picabo

Re: The Great Kat

#12 Post by Picabo » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:10 pm

V41 wrote:CEASE AND DESIST FROM YOUR HARRASSING GUESTBOOK MESSAGES IMMEDIATELY. YOUR HARRASSING MESSAGE HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO OUR LAWYERS.
I don't know her very well but, what if it was only a joke? Some people just have a strange sense of humor... :)

guitar_man_6

#13 Post by guitar_man_6 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:35 pm

Was it accompanied with the :P symbol by any chance? :P

MatJB

#14 Post by MatJB » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:09 am

I'm pretty sure it was a joke. :wink: I doubt she is meant to be taken seriously, her whole image is just a parody, so just chill out.

miker

#15 Post by miker » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:20 am

Yeah. That's why his post was deleted from the guestbook. The only messages in the guestbook kiss Kat's ass... any messages that don't... are simply not there.

Nope. Not a joke. A threat... but a hollow one. Like a rabid bark from a dog with no teeth.