Dragonforce

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
stu_hig

They kick ass! I've been listening to the tunes you can download on their site over and over! Brilliant! Definitly picking up the album!
metalus

Cheesy yes...But also great. How many decent english bands are there left?. Iron Maiden...But they are getting old. Also Dragonforce are a unique band for the UK. No other english bands sound like they do. And the guitar work is stunning. Its about that feel good factor IMO. Any band who's guitarist Herman Li, says Steve is his guitar hero. Is ok in my book. besides anything is better than Korn, Limp Bizkit etc etc. Dragonforce kick ass!!...

Loz
Tramp

Dragonforce...haha that takes me back to my power metal days :lol:
This to me just sounds like (really fast) boring generic power metal... all the ingredients are present: high pitch vocalist, fast riffing, double bass...and of course the CHEESE!! :D

For those who loved this, try out an Italian band called Rhapsody, particularly their album "Symphony of Enchanted Lands". It's symphonic speedy metal, similar to Dragonforce but more orchestral. A very good album actually. And if you thought Dragonforce was cheesy...haha just wait till you hear Rhapsody :twisted:

"Holy dragons keepers of time
Ride brave the blue skies and spell my eyes
Fly beyond these hills ride on the wind
The wisdom of the kings" :roll:

But for a TRULY magnificent heavy metal album, check out Blind Guardian's "A Night at the Opera" (also "Nightfall in Middle Earth" - released BEFORE the LOTR movies) and trust me, you will forget all about Dragonforce!
R1FSR

They was on UK tv last night plus a (very)short interview with the guitarist who won a dimebag award....man hes got long hair .
stu_hig

Bought the album-great! :)
metalus

Which album did you buy "Valley Of The Damned" or "Sonic Firestorm"?

yeah Herman Li won the very first Dimebag Young Guitarist Award. It was presented by Zakk Wylde. Yeah he does have long hair(understatment).

Rhapsody are a little over the top for me. Blind Guardian are good. Other bands in this style to try include : Iced Earth (they have former Judas Priest singer Tim Ripper Owens on The Glorious Burden cd). Demons & Wizards, Lost Horizon, Primal Fear, Stratovarius, Helloween...to name but a few.

Loz
vaiisagoodguitarplayer

Listening to this band makes me wanna whip out my Super Nintendo and play Megaman for hours.
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

If you want some cool video game music, check out a Brazilian band called Megadriver. :wink: megadriver.com

As for Dragonforce, they're ok, but I just can't get into them, &:

I think Rhapsody & Luca Turilli's solo stuff is much better than Dragonforce
Iced Earth are awesome & they're nothing like Dragonforce
Blind Guardian are cool, w/ Imaginations From the Other Side my fav by them
Demons & Wizards are very cool, both albums rule
Lost Horizon are great, both albums are good, but Awakening the World rules!
Helloween's Rabbit Don't Come Easy is better than anything by Dragonforce
Primal Fear, not too familiar with them
Arkka

Leanne_777 wrote:I like Dragonforce-probably because of their cheesiness-
Me too. I don't care for power metal too much but Drangonforce songs are so exaggerated power metal it's really fun to listen.
vaiisagoodguitarplayer wrote:Listening to this band makes me wanna whip out my Super Nintendo and play Megaman for hours.
:lol: Megaman rocks!
Christophar

If you like dragon force check out rhapsody
http://www.mightyrhapsody.com/
stu_hig

Christophar wrote:If you like dragon force check out rhapsody
http://www.mightyrhapsody.com/
Rhapsody are cool. I bought Rain of a Thousand Flames. Really epic music. Great in small doses! :)

These are my fav Rhapsody releases:

Legendary Tales
Symphony of Enchanted Lands
Power of the Dragon Flame
Symphony of Enchanted Lands II - The Dark Secret
j1mi_h3ndrix

dragonforce is awesome.. a little cheesy, but so are most other power metal bands lol

They're ok; "awesome" is a bit of a stretch imo. Rhapsody's awesome, Dragonforce are not, at least that's what I think. :mrgreen:
SalamanderExcess

They are great, i got the guy's mahogany s series!! Well i like to think i got it first