Jason Becker

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Birdman

Is it just me? Or is there some confusion as to whether or not JB is still alive or not?
Though out in left field, the last post about getting off your arse and doing things etc, reminded me of Dodgeball when the guy quits and see's Lance Armstrong in the cafe. Anyone seen that?
DannyBoyVai

you think he may be Dead ? im sure they would have updated the news on his site to tell his fans that .. don't you ?
miker

No idea what's been going on with Jason past three years. I sincerely wish him the best.

Given what he and his friends and family have gone through... the website must surely be fairly low priority.
miker

Birdman wrote:Is it just me? Or is there some confusion as to whether or not JB is still alive or not?
Unfortunately... it's not just you.
EyesOfFire0221

Jason becker has a condition called Lou gerigs disease its a neurologic disease that affects your motor skills it's so heart wernching to see him in that state but he has a strong soul nonetheless
Dogman
Newcomer

Jason's attitude towards his misfortune is quite incredible. He is a phenominal player. Don't worry, our bodies will be perfected in the resurection and Becker will play again. :D
hopeless

well i doubt that he's dead now.. i surely wish he's not. he's so precious to be dead. as EyesOfFire0221, he's got this neurological disease taht caused him paralysis. the latest news i've heard about him is that his brain is still funtioning and he's that working on donations things. i once heard from certain peoepl that his father is helping him to formulate the music he has in mind by the eye contact... he tells his father by his eyes about the notes and his father writes it.. that's what they are working on .. i guess..
Peace
Cacophony

I cant believe how many of you vai fans like him :shock:. Cool :wink:.

It might be off topic a bit, but me and my cousin have started a Jason Becker tribute band, we will be donating all of the money to Jason :), thats everything we earn, oh and we will buy a large quantity of his cds and sell them at gigs, and t shirts :), so thats how we're helping Jason with his disease.
Viva La Revolucion

If he is dead, I think there would be news about it on his site. I reckon no news is good news.
guyver_dio

I saw a documentary on Jason a little while back, apparently he still writes music. They made a special headset for him that connects to a computer and he can interact with the computer using only the movements of his jaw and head, this is how he is writing music. His family and him made a whole language out of different eye movements, different movement for each letter of the alphabet.