Jason Becker

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
hopeless

I wonder how most of us forget to mention Jason Becker when they come approach listing great musicians.. I believe that if Becker is well and didnt have that unfortunate accident, he would have been on the lead of everyone else, and even far better than Vai ( i know some might not like me for that). But the passion he has put in his music for the 7-10 years he played professionaly is far away from any other guitarist or musician. I really feel sorry for myself that i am not going to be able to listen to his music. he was great and all what he needs is a miracle.... I wonder what you guys think about that..
Bono

A case of sheer tragedy if I ever saw one...he could quite possibly have been one of the greatest guitar players ever.
shyboy12

Jason Becker is a true guitar god. I have loved him and his music for years, and I believe he is one of the most inspirational guitarists ever. His music is beautiful and his passion for his instrument even more. God bless Jason Becker, and let's all hope that some miracle comes his way and lets him rock his guitar once more.
Cacophony

Jasson Becker is my god.......my cousin and I even have a 'Bible' dedicated to him......which may seem weird to you guys, but hey. To be truthful, in my own opinion, Vai can't touch Becker, everyone WILL hate me for saying that, but i think its true. Jason had much more emotion in his playing than Vai does (im not putting vai down, i own loads of his cds).

Whenever i listen to Altitudes (my fav song ever) it brings me to tears when I really listen to what he plays, even though some of you may think "its all just played fast, it doesn't mean anything like Vai's music does". If Becker could still play today, he would be the greatest guitarist around (i think he was when he could play mind).

I think Becker has died :cry: since his site hasnt been updated in two years :( :cry: :( :cry: oh well, i wish he could get better.

Thanks for reading my opinion, even if it is confusing to read (i cant understand it myself lol).
Viva La Revolucion

Jason Becker is great, but he would have suffered from the same commercial backlash that all the other 80s shredders suffered froso if he would be able to play, I don't think he would be truly an influential guitar god like Steve Vai. Still his music is awesome...the clean section of `altitudes' and the sweep arps after the intro send shivers down my spine every time I hear it.
DannyBoyVai

Jason rates Steve in the highest regards and im sure he woud appreciate Steve's music and what he's trying to do with it . As for jason himself ... one of the most awesome guitarists ever . It is a complete tragedy of the highest order and all we can do is keep hoping some miracle does come his way ... it's happened to other people before ... like Jason i too believe illness is all in the mind . if you have complete control over your mind and continue to believe you are ok . then you will be ok . it might seem like an alien concept to some of you but put thought into it and you might see why i say such a thing . our thoughts are with Jason and his family i would love to see him pick up an axe again ... would fucking love to see it .
hopeless

well guys,, yes he's great and i think he deserves more than that from the users of this site.. we should value good music and Becker is a great musician .... i'd love to visit him one day ...and hear him playing ....
Cacophony

hopeless wrote:well guys,, yes he's great and i think he deserves more than that from the users of this site.. we should value good music and Becker is a great musician .... i'd love to visit him one day ...and hear him playing ....
He wont be playing for a long time.........................[/b]
BobDaNob

i would love to see him pick up an axe again ... would fucking love to see it .
If Becker ever picked up a guitar again, it would rock the foundations of the entire music industry. His plight has become legendary and to see him make a full recovery back into music would drop jaws and inspire an entire generation. Something of that magnitude would be unheard of.

Ah man, it would be glorious.
King Snake

no one can even touch becker. that includes vai, eddie, yngwie, satch....those cats as great as they are, have nothing on becks.

what's even more impressive is he's a greater person than he is a guitar player.
shyboy12

I agree with King Snake, Becker is an amazing person. I've read alot about his beliefs and ideas and he's a very spiritual person... similar to Vai. However, nobody comes close to Becker in his music, it's just that Becker never got the chance to really get his music across due to his unfortunate illness.
WOODIGGITT2
Newcomer

Becker is amazing . Even the music he has written since diagnosed with als is incredable . Michael Lee Firkins plays on them I believe . I have always said he would have been the best , and still is considered by me to be one of them . Even on "The Raspberry Jams" which was recorded mostly on an 8 track his sound and tone are remarkable . I even love Cacophany , but , the "Perpetual Burn" album is a must have for it's entirety . God I LOVE his Tone and feel just check out "Shock Tea"which is only but a small example of the beauty expressed from within .
*metalli-fanatic*

yeh becker rulz and so does marty friedman...i heard of jason from there material on that one of classical album...with speed metal symphony...wot exactly happend to him then>???
Allen Garrow

Jason is one incredible inspiration, and one of the most caring and talented people I've ever had the pleasure of speaking with. It just blows me away the things he has accomplished with the obsticals he has had to over come to make things happen. Most would of just given up on music, yet somehow it inspired him to try harder. Proving nothing is impossible. It really put things into perspective for me. It really makes excuses I come up with for not getting things done seem really, really lame. He has accomplished more in the past 5 years or so than I most have in a life time with no limitations.......

~A
shyboy12

You spoke with Jason Becker?? :shock: ^