what the hell is peaples problem with hammet?????

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
guitar_love

Ok, thats it ive had im lettin it out.....

Hammet has never said that he is better than anyone else, hes never dissrespected anyones playing, he just sits back and does his thing, he solos, he writes riffs, but he keeps his mouth shut while he does it, yeh, so he uses a wahwah alot. yeh so he does his vibrato differently, but can peaple honestly turn round and say that hammet is a crap guitarist?...yes...alot of peaple can, but to me no. Peaple are intilted to there opnion. But fuck, to put him down musicllyn and say that hes fukin useless or wotever....that is not opnion, thats bad musicionship.

sorry rant over...peace :oops:
Nightmare405

kirk hammet sucks he only uses 1 scale and every same run in all his so called " :lol: solos"
jmchambers5

can we say fuck now?
Bono

I'm quite embarrassed to say I don't own any Metallica albums, and the only two tracks I can play of theirs are actually the only two tracks of theirs I know...Master of Puppets and Enter Sandman. I've never really understood why people slate Kirk but I'm not a fan so I guess I wouldn't know. They have another guitarist though right? Is he also the main singer?
Vaituoso

You know what the problem is? He sucks. He's a disgrace to Joe. He had the opportunity to become a stellar guitarist, but instead, he is now a 43-year-old hack who can't get past a sloppy Pentatonic run. And that damn wah pedal drives me insane. Thats my problem with Hammett. I'm willing to bump him up to the "Not good but not bad" level if he can come up with a good explanation for the release of St. Anger.
Vaituoso

And James Hetfield owns him. He's the true mastermind behind Metallica. The good Metallica, that is.
Abhishek

guitar_love wrote:Ok, thats it ive had im lettin it out.....

Hammet has never said that he is better than anyone else, hes never dissrespected anyones playing, he just sits back and does his thing, he solos, he writes riffs, but he keeps his mouth shut while he does it, yeh, so he uses a wahwah alot. yeh so he does his vibrato differently, but can peaple honestly turn round and say that hammet is a crap guitarist?...yes...alot of peaple can, but to me no. Peaple are intilted to there opnion. But fuck, to put him down musicllyn and say that hes fukin useless or wotever....that is not opnion, thats bad musicionship.

sorry rant over...peace :oops:
Dude ..why do u have to care? U love him..thats it ....game over! I am personally not a big kirk hammet fan..but i love some of his work.And plz note that kirk has influenced many more teens to pick up the guitar than mr. vai himself can or ever will...and thats what matters ......rather than how many scales u use or how many time signatures u change :roll:
Texter

Kirk Hamster is fun to bash...he also bashes his old solos so it's ok. But I wouldn't describe them with horrible like he does himself...only the live versions. Playing in tune helps. I personally believe that Hamster-bashing is for n00bs, ofcourse. Old Metallica still rules.
badhorsie551

Jealousy.

He's out there doing what we all want to do. Be reconginzed by the guitar community and playing live in front of thousands of people every night.

I dont quite look up to him like how i used to but he was definitely a major influence in my devolopment as a guitarist/musician.

There are worse guitarists out there to bitch about.
shacks

I have never understood why fans of bands/artists/guitarists etc who get slated take it so personally. As long as you like it why care what others think? I couldent give a fuck about what others think of what I like. It really bores me to read these predictable threads.

shacks
lydian2000

I think the problem with metallica is that there is one leader who is Lars Ulrich the drummer and other band members including hetfield just have to obey and shut the f.... up if they want to avoid being kicked out, concerniing hammet the black album was his last album as a potentially great guitarist and he has even been officially downgraded to "rythm" by lars who decided to go into a radically more commercial way(and why would you leave a band that can still fill up stadiums?). the thing that really makes me laugh is that during interviews he often declared about old hardcore fans that "when you take a new direction, people will follow you or not"... :lol: yeah that'soooo courageaous to make commercial music!!!.

IMO metallica now belongs to the past, even if i do listen to a couple of old tracks from time to time.
GuitarStrings

I think Kirk Hammett doesn't have musicality.

I think a lot of people here(non-musicians too) actually have better Musical Ear than him... that's why I rarely listen to Metallica these days.
He knows where to put his fingers on the guitar, he can play heavy, he has attitude and works hard etc... but he has no musicality. :(

However, the dude from the same band James Hetfield actually has a WAY better ear than him, both on vocals and guitar. He's just slower on the guitar but his solos are definitely better.
stu_hig

Krik is probably a better guitarist than me. Thats all I'm saying.
jackdaniels101

the thing that pisses me off with hammett is that he is famous for stealing DAVE MUSTAINES SOLOS in KILL EM ALL - enough said, his best solo was the struggle within, anything else is a pentatonic disgrace - hammett is an excellent guitarist on the INSIDE, but because of his asshole bandmates, he , in my opinion is forced to play the shit he does - lets face it, hes a millionnaire so probably doesnt give a shit what anyone else thinks anyway...lol..now mustaine, he is shit hot on guitar but totally under rated.
davester1234

kirks a better guitarist than most guitarists.

And he's definately sold more records than most guitarists.

And he's definately definately definately creative and constructs well versed solos.