DO NOT download Real Illusions.

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
washby
Newcomer
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:57 am

Buy the Steve CD!!
Download music is bad for the music but there are some exceptions, download my CD please! :D :D I'll be happy!. I only want to be listened.
it's for free! :D

click this link and look:

http://vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9707


Thanks.
Last edited by washby on Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
lydian7
Member
Member
Posts: 1269
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:55 pm

And another thing, I think record companies should be extremely careful who they give promo-copies of the album to. :x
Brasco
Newcomer
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:21 am

There's loads of people hosting the Real Illusions via *****. I'm quite annoyed really, seeing it available damn early before the release. I hate that.

<edit: Let's not go there. It's bad enough that it's there, let's not advertise it here. Thanks. Mod7VWH. >
User avatar
lydian7
Member
Member
Posts: 1269
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:55 pm

Brasco wrote:<edit: Let's not go there. It's bad enough that it's there, let's not advertise it here. Thanks. Mod7VWH. >
Yes very true, I'm glad you said that. Lets just keep a lid on this ugly business of filesharing altogether. :x
Moderator7VWH
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:27 pm

lydian7 wrote:I know what I did was bad, and I'm ashamed of myself because it goes against everything I believe in regarding this subject, but I'm trying to highlight an important point regarding filsharing; if something is readily available to someone then it is extremely hard to discourage people from downloading it. The only way to abolish this kind of activity is to outlaw file-sharers, It's the only way, since the vast majority of files that are distributed though them are illegal! Films, music, computer programs...everything can be downloaded at the drop of a hat!
It's already outlawed. What you did was illigal to begin with and you knew it. The only thing you have demonstrated is that your 'believes' are not that strong to begin with.
Yes very true, I'm glad you said that. Lets just keep a lid on this ugly business of filesharing altogether.
:roll:


*************
Moderator7VWH
User avatar
ROCK KITTEN 76
Member
Member
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:27 am

I've bought the RI cd as with every other album of Steves so far, BUT I HAVE A MP3 stereo and will be getting an mp3 cd player for my car so i will be burning off mp3 copies for that purpose alone..as its so much easier to play a few albums instead of fiddling around in your car trying to find a cd album. plus increasing the chances of damaging your preciousssss AND MAYBE TAKING EYES OF THE ROAD :P

but yep i much prefer the originals, so much more to it ,yeah :wink:

I guess at a friends reccomendation and say they do me a copy of something to listen to and discover and buy, i aint going to refuse that because i know i'll go buy it on cd anyway
i always do.
people have done friends copies of stuff from the day there was a record button on your stereo. people have taped the latest hits off the radio, films from tv etc etc. its been a common thing for decades. so theres no point arguing with each other about that.
what is relivant in any arguement, is the point of you supporting your artist, and in that its self explanitory.or at least it should be

kitzz
User avatar
miker
Member
Member
Posts: 1538
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:38 pm

Yeah... I'm in the process of ripping all my CD's to mp3 so I can put 'em on my 40G mp3 player so I can carry my CD collection around in my pocket... and listen to music at work!

I got almost all of Steve's albums from Alcatrazz to present (1 or 2 CD's shy). Working on getting his stuff with Zappa... kinda going at it backwards, heh.
User avatar
ROCK KITTEN 76
Member
Member
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:27 am

miker wrote:Yeah... I'm in the process of ripping all my CD's to mp3 so I can put 'em on my 40G mp3 player so I can carry my CD collection around in my pocket... and listen to music at work!

I got almost all of Steve's albums from Alcatrazz to present (1 or 2 CD's shy). Working on getting his stuff with Zappa... kinda going at it backwards, heh.
yeah same here :D short by around i think 2 or 3 of his and like you working back to the zappa days and colabs
need a few G3 albums :wink:
kitzz
User avatar
ROCK KITTEN 76
Member
Member
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:27 am

oh and the very funky holographic version of ELLUSIVE LIGHT AND SOUND.
User avatar
jemgirl
Member
Member
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:21 pm

yep,the same here miker!
i ripped a couple cd`s from steve(the one i already payed) in to mp3,to put them in my mp3 player(a zen/400).
so when i`m on my bike , i enjoy steve`s music.
Last edited by jemgirl on Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fp77&ep7owner
Member
Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:22 pm

Anyone who is smart enough to know that Steve rules should be smart enough to know the difference between wrong and right. File sharing is just plain wrong no matter how many excuses you have.

I appreciate all that Steve has done through the website to give us a taste of the new CD and I really like having the ability to pre-order. I think these are all smart steps to help alleviate piracy. However, I don't forsee anyway to stop it completly.

Respect...
User avatar
lydian7
Member
Member
Posts: 1269
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:55 pm

Moderator7VWH wrote:
lydian7 wrote:I know what I did was bad, and I'm ashamed of myself because it goes against everything I believe in regarding this subject, but I'm trying to highlight an important point regarding filsharing; if something is readily available to someone then it is extremely hard to discourage people from downloading it. The only way to abolish this kind of activity is to outlaw file-sharers, It's the only way, since the vast majority of files that are distributed though them are illegal! Films, music, computer programs...everything can be downloaded at the drop of a hat!
It's already outlawed. What you did was illigal to begin with and you knew it. The only thing you have demonstrated is that your 'believes' are not that strong to begin with.
Yes very true, I'm glad you said that. Lets just keep a lid on this ugly business of filesharing altogether.
:roll:


*************
Moderator7VWH
Yes but I'm being brutally honest, and I'm the only person on this forum brave enough tell the truth. Slapping people on the wrist and telling them they're naughty isn't going to pursuade people to stop file sharing, and it's unrealistic to expect people not to to if it's readily available. I bought the album weeks ago, the money went out of my bank account, so it's not as if I'm downloading music I do not already own. I'm not sharing it with anyone else, and I don't plan to do so in the future.

I know what I did was wrong, but I buy a lot of music, and I do not download music that I don't already own. But there are billions of people who download music without buying it, and they will continue to do so as long as file-sharing is legal. My point is that you have to tackle this problem head on, be realistic, and not just shout 'criminal criminal' all the time...it is not going to solve the problem.

I would definately sign a petition for file-sharing to be outlawed.
Last edited by lydian7 on Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
lydian7
Member
Member
Posts: 1269
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:55 pm

jemgirl wrote:yep,the same here miker!
i ripped a couple cd`s from steve(the one i already payed) in to mp3,to put them in my mp3 player(a zen/400).
so when i`m on my bike , i enjoy steve`s music.
That's fine though, it's not illegal to make private copies of music you already own, what is illegal is if you distribute the material.
User avatar
jemgirl
Member
Member
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:21 pm

lydian7 wrote:
jemgirl wrote:yep,the same here miker!
i ripped a couple cd`s from steve(the one i already payed) in to mp3,to put them in my mp3 player(a zen/400).
so when i`m on my bike , i enjoy steve`s music.
That's fine though, it's not illegal to make private copies of music you already own, what is illegal is if you distribute the material.
thanx for the relpy lydian! :P
i defenitly do not distribute any of my original bought music.not to my family or friends,shortly not to anybody.
if you like the music an artist make,simply pay for it,no matter if the artist is a miljonair or something like that.
Gustav_Himself
Member
Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:40 am

Please. We don't need 5 pages of discussion to understand:

Downloading music without paying for it: BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
Paying for music: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Follow these two simple rules and you are doing fine.
Post Reply