Congrats Steve Vai on Grammy nod!!!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
EirikHH

#16 Post by EirikHH » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:10 pm

yeah...congrats to Steve on the nomination!
Now that Jeff Beck aint nominated, maybe steve'll finally get a chance to win !! :D

laficojr

#17 Post by laficojr » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:26 pm

EirikHH wrote:yeah...congrats to Steve on the nomination!
Now that Jeff Beck aint nominated, maybe steve'll finally get a chance to win !! :D

I'm sure! :wink:
For me Steve is so much better than Jeff Beck but...
Let's see,let's see

wamr regards!

Sliver

#18 Post by Sliver » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:26 pm

I know these grammy morons. They're probably going to give it to Brian Wilson just because of the hype around "smile" ...which sucks, btw. :roll:

Ekim

#19 Post by Ekim » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:40 am

I was hoping for Tony Levin to get it last year, (or maybe the year before?) but he got beat by the Flaming Lips. Somehow, I'm betting their piece wasn't nearly as good as "Apollo" is.

Best of luck, Stevo! But you'll still have less losses than Satch, the Susan Luci of axe-slingers!

autumnlord

#20 Post by autumnlord » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:36 pm

Congrats Steve!

You should definitely win this award! "Whispering a Prayer" is an absolute masterpiece!

jemgirl

#21 Post by jemgirl » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:06 am

concrats steve!!!!
you gonna win this!!!!!!

peace,
patricia :wink: :wink:

lydian7

#22 Post by lydian7 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:48 pm

Isn't this the second time Steve has been nominated for Whispering a Prayer? :?

I think most artists who win the Grammy's are highly questionable. It's rapidly becoming a farce the amount of times Joe & Steve are nominated and don't recieve the awards. Do these judges actually listen to the songs? or do they simply run there finger down the list and pick the prettiest name? (if that IS the case, then Whispering a Prayer should win hands down :wink: )

LozMan

#23 Post by LozMan » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:24 am

Flip me, I glanced at the subject as i was browsing through (as you do) and I could have sworn it said "Granny Bod"
Note to self - see therapist to erase those mental images
READ THINGS PROPERLY PEOPLE!!! :shock:

jmchambers5

#24 Post by jmchambers5 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:58 pm

has anyone heard the allman brothers tune? it's amazing. in my own humble opinion i'll be dissapointed if it doesn't win.

(please don't kill me)

lydian7

#25 Post by lydian7 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:29 pm

I don't think anybody takes the grammy's seriously anymore, it just serves as a media promotion ceremony. As I come from the UK (pretty much the popular music capital of the world) I suspect that 99.9% of brits don't even watch the grammys, and a pretty large percentage don't even know what it is. It's television coverage is very minimal, and all the acts are american pop acts.

I think I caught it one year and almost fell asleep...does anyone take it seriously? Can these people honestly look a musician in the eye and say that acts such as Justin Timberlake are anywhere near 'cutting edge'?

Dany_Vai

#26 Post by Dany_Vai » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:56 am

CONGRATS STEVE!!!! :wink: :D
I Love" Whispering A Prayer "
make me cry!!!

Good Luck!!! 8)

Love , Peace & Rock`n Roll!!!!

sword

Re: It's about @&%**$ time!!!

#27 Post by sword » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:48 pm

Mikey wrote:
sword wrote:I just have to say that "Alive in an Ultra World's" version of "Whispering A Prayer" should have been nominated OVER 2 YEARS AGO, PEOPLE!!! :evil:
It was. ;)

Mikey :)
vai.com
Oh yeah, it was. Anyway, what I meant to say was "'Alive in an Ultra World's' version of 'Whispering A Prayer' should have WON OVER 2 YEARS AGO, PEOPLE!!! :evil:" :lol: Peace.

(¯`·._.·§wo®d·._.·´¯)

ultrazone_seeker

#28 Post by ultrazone_seeker » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:44 am

...and it was Beck that won that category, just so you all know.

Bono

#29 Post by Bono » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:57 am

lydian7 wrote:I don't think anybody takes the grammy's seriously anymore, it just serves as a media promotion ceremony. As I come from the UK (pretty much the popular music capital of the world) I suspect that 99.9% of brits don't even watch the grammys, and a pretty large percentage don't even know what it is. It's television coverage is very minimal, and all the acts are american pop acts.

I think I caught it one year and almost fell asleep...does anyone take it seriously? Can these people honestly look a musician in the eye and say that acts such as Justin Timberlake are anywhere near 'cutting edge'?
Agreed...though I do watch it when it's on, I must admit I don't know who half the acts are, and most of the winners I think are crap. Having said that, I remember watching it in 2001 (I think it was, might have been 2000) when U2 won about 5 and Steve performed with Nellie Furtado and I really enjoyed that one...one of the only times Stevie has been on UK TV lol!

ultrazone_seeker

#30 Post by ultrazone_seeker » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:34 am

a lot of that stuff may be crap, but remember, all that's represented in most categories is the "best" chart music. what do you expect?