Live At The Astoria, London DVD Discussion

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
davester1234

nothing in mine :)
GuitarMaster1962

This DVD doesn't come with a booklet.
Spiral Architect
Newcomer

Now this is getting out of hand.......

According to most of the European(or Universal Cd-Sites), the "New"(if ever) Release date of the Region2 DVD is 19 January...it's the third time this happens and it's the last straw for many European Vai-Fans...

Steve's is a Music Genious as well as a very able producer...how did a simple thing like that ended up like this?

Yes of course most of the US fans got the DVD, and I Know they enjoy it with tears in their eyes BUT....wasn't the tour's title "Alive in an Ultra World"? that means the WHOLE world not just USA....why is Europe then so left out of this? I was myself in that concert and i hoped to at least get the chance to get the DVD at the same time as US fans.....

Forgive my anger, but it seems that the people behind this take it SO lightly.....

Would a response be at least a possibility? Or do i have to wait till January for that too(if ever)?

sincerely.... :(
Rexgtr

I think dvd sales exceed cds. (I know I buy more dvds than cds)
The demand for this dvd is high.
When I went to HMV (downtown Toronto)
they said they've had several requests for it and the copies they have are
reserved for those that placed a special order.
Sam's said it's not likely they'll have the dvd before Xmas.

I've been to all the major outlets and the dvd can't be found here in Toronto.
davester1234

Spiral Architect wrote: Forgive my anger, but it seems that the people behind this take it SO lightly.....

Would a response be at least a possibility? Or do i have to wait till January for that too(if ever)?

sincerely.... :(
I'll give you a response.

You can't help some things. Do you really think Steve Vai likes to piss off fans?

Take a second and think about things, and remember that it doesn't do him any good when people are upset. Then realize that the only logical answer for the European delay is that there wasn't much of a choice. They had to make a European version, and they needed the time to do it.

Not neccessarily the way he wanted it, but the way it had to be.

Perhaps [to exhaust alternatives] it was legal reasons, perhaps it was production reason, perhaps it was monetary reasons....does it really matter. One way or another, that's the way things turned out. My bet is that Steve would love if he was selling dvd's to his fans in Europe right now. :)
IbanezRules

I got the DVD yesterday and it was truly amazing.
Far beyond my expectations actually!
But some of the tracks in the middle, Whispering a prayer for instance, were a little bit weird. Some buzz is going on the screen so i took it back to Amoeba Music, but they were already sold out! :( So I guess I have to wait until Tuesday for another copy..
The L.A rehearsals part was really cool!
Junebughunter

I really liked the dvd.

First thing I noticed when I saw it was the countless, what I thought, where dubbs. It was a bit saddening to me to think that Even Vai Himself would dub so many things. I can understand fixing notes here and there but I noticed a lot of things. There is even a part where it is sort of quiet and Virgil clearly hits two crashes and you hear nothing and then he hits them again real soft and they are loud.

Then I watched it with commentary and it cleared up most of the things I where questioning. Also there are 3-4 parts I noticed where either Steve, Tony or Dave are holding a different guitar from scen to scene (without them possibly having time to change guitars) and then it will go back to the guitar they where first using...but again that was all cleared up after I watched the commentary...

All in all it is definatly in a tie for my favorite music dvd, up against Dream Theater - Scenes from a memory dvd
shengliang1981
Newcomer

Is the DVD sold in Malaysia? Does anyone know where I can get it in Malaysia? Thanks a lot.
saivai

oh my God im going to cry..........................
I want ma DVD!!! lol
Dave Goodland

Hey "Spiral Architect"
Yes of course most of the US fans got the DVD, and I Know they enjoy it with tears in their eyes BUT....wasn't the tour's title "Alive in an Ultra World"? that means the WHOLE world not just USA....why is Europe then so left out of this? I was myself in that concert and i hoped to at least get the chance to get the DVD at the same time as US fans.....
Don't be too quick to say that only europe was left out, don't forget europe isn't the whole world either. Many Australian fans and many others around the world are also waiting.
saivai

Well done Dave....

Ive been in America for 5 months now (I came from England, so i understand what it feels like waiting for stuff to come out (CDs,video <a href="http://go-advertising.com?go=games" onmouseover="window.status = 'goto: games';return 1" onmouseout="window.status=''">games</a>, films etc).

And England has it good compared to the rest of Europe Australia and wherever.

So even though i havent got my DVD and im in the US i still know ill get it earlier here than in the UK so im gratefuk, I just feel sorry for all those who have to wait even longer...
Kamenrider Ryuuki

yes!! where can we get it here??

i think, all we get is the pirated version of the dvd if the person responsible for the dvd did not bother to check...??

i will wait for the pirate to bring me the dvd soon...he he !!!
Evangion
Newcomer

Seems kinda a BAD way to handle this pre-order thing. Is Music Today a F%^KED store or something? They won't reply my emails and clicking on the URL to check the status of my order just leads me back to the Store Front!

I just want an explanation on why the DVD hasn't shipped and why we (the customer) wasn't informed of it at all!
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Evangion wrote:Seems kinda a BAD way to handle this pre-order thing. Is Music Today a F%^KED store or something? They won't reply my emails and clicking on the URL to check the status of my order just leads me back to the Store Front!

I just want an explanation on why the DVD hasn't shipped and why we (the customer) wasn't informed of it at all!
Hello Evangion,

PLease send an email to music today and CC me at feedback@vai.com

Make sure you include your order number, your full name and the item you ordered.

Please also clearly outline the problem you are experiencing regarding the "check the status of my order" link also.

If you ive Music Today all the details, you'll make it much easier for them to help you.

I will also follow thru with them to ensure your questions are answered, but you must be very clear in your initial email.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com
John

Did anyone in Europe get it yet?

Gotta love CD Universe - I paid 14 bucks for their friggin priority international shipping. It was shipped on the 8th, I have no idea what's going on. It's my birthday today, I was hoping to get it before today the whole week end, but no... :cry: