What made vai study metaphysics?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Post Reply
u2
Member
Member
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:53 am

Hope Vai replies to this one.

What made Vai get interested in metaphysics. Whats the spark?

Steve got me interested in metaphysics , when i was young , i was always curious aboiut UFOS , crop circles and stuff. Heh now i can use my 3rd eye tosee power animals , i haven;t learnt to see aura colors and it will be great to be able to see what aura color Vai has. I can move things around like make my toes move without actually moving them , i can also move my eye balls left and right without moving them.
Ryan Layton
Banned
Posts: 1206
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:28 pm

dude, thats cool stuff. where'd you learn to do it?
User avatar
summer_sky
Member
Member
Posts: 926
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:12 am

i cannot do any of those things you can do, u2, but when i was about 10 years of age something that i guess could be called metaphysical happened to me.
i was laying in my bed awake late one night trying to drift off to sleep. i was kinda in that hypnogogic soporific twilight state of mind and feeling relaxed. all of a sudden, without consciously attempting to do so, i began to feel myself levitate from my bed without moving any part of my body. i kind of floated up above myself about a metre or so and looked down at myself laying on my bed. it was very cool, yet very spooky and un-nerving at the same time. i was elevated and floating like that for several seconds before i became tense and swoped back into my body and bolted upright in my bed. i have tried to do the same thing since, but i've not been able to accomplish the feat.
i suppose i try to hard or maybe all my fears get in my way?


i have no problem accepting Metaphysics as a science. it makes so much sense that there is a balance and a reason for everything, a sense of order. i just have a difficult time to understand Metraphysics.
Last edited by summer_sky on Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
summer_sky
Member
Member
Posts: 926
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:12 am

btw, u2.... could you explain more about your power animals that you see with your 3rd eye? and, the aura thing is interesting, too. do different colors have different meanings? wonder what color i am? what color are you? is it possible to see your own aura?
Ryan Layton
Banned
Posts: 1206
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:28 pm

i have a friend who had the exact same thing happen to him. one of my friends who is really into this kind of thing said that if you are out of your body, you can't feel any strong emotions or you will be back with your body.
u2
Member
Member
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:53 am

summer_sky wrote:i cannot do any of those things you can do, u2, but when i was about 10 years of age something that i guess could be called metaphysical happened to me.
i was laying in my bed awake late one night trying to drift off to sleep. i was kinda in that hypnogogic soporific twilight state of mind and feeling relaxed. all of a sudden, without consciously attempting to do so, i began to feel myself levitate from my bed without moving any part of my body. i kind of floated up above myself about a metre or so and looked down at myself laying on my bed. it was very cool, yet very spooky and un-nerving at the same time. i was elevated and floating like that for several seconds before i became tense and swoped back into my body and bolted upright in my bed. i have tried to do the same thing since, but i've not been able to accomplish the feat.
i suppose i try to hard or maybe all my fears get in my way?


i have no problem accepting Metaphysics as a science. it makes so much sense that there is a balance and a reason for everything, a sense of order. i just have a difficult time to understand Metraphysics.
Alright i used to experience the same thing when i was 10-12 years old....each time i doze off in class , i can feel my body floating up and when i wake up , i feel my soul just falling back into my body.

For you , it could be astral travelling...dangerous stuff. I don't advice anyone to try this unless u know what u are doing. Did u see a tube connecting u and yr physical body on the bed? Maybe this is the same thing u experience when u die , since u leave yr body which have got physical eyes and pupils . Some people die and come back to life , people ask them what it feels like and they say they saw a bright light , warm and loving and they didn't feel any strain in the eyes because there are no more...eh whats the word. Hope u get the idea. Its like the stairway to heaven. William Blake did a drawing of it somewhere.
u2
Member
Member
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:53 am

Ryan Layton wrote:dude, thats cool stuff. where'd you learn to do it?
self taught. but i got the basic idea from steve vai and some of his album covers like Passion and warefare , its metaphysical look at one side andu will see the opposite of it on the other side. Like passion , look at the building , looks peaceful while warefare got fire and hatred on the buildings. Look into steve's hands , its like a balance which means everything exist for a reason. and the fairies form a triangle with the 3rd eye above steve's head.
u2
Member
Member
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:53 am

summer_sky wrote:btw, u2.... could you explain more about your power animals that you see with your 3rd eye? and, the aura thing is interesting, too. do different colors have different meanings? wonder what color i am? what color are you? is it possible to see your own aura?
power animals are like guardians like in brother bear. red indians know more about this.

the aura color thingy - it can also be used to see if a person is suffering from any sickness based on the different colored postions...called charka (sp).
u2
Member
Member
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:53 am

Aww...YEah! I finally did it. 2 hrs after my previous post above , i focused on my hardrive and suddenly , i saw lotsa colors stuff radiating from the slots in it and lotsa heat waves!
User avatar
summer_sky
Member
Member
Posts: 926
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:12 am

Ryan Layton wrote:i have a friend who had the exact same thing happen to him. one of my friends who is really into this kind of thing said that if you are out of your body, you can't feel any strong emotions or you will be back with your body.
that's interesting that feeling strong emotions may put you back into your body... could it be that emotion is part of our earthly material existenceand not part of the spiritual?
or, maybe, it's not so much that emotions are part of our physical existence, but that our emotions have to be very well understood and utilised in a different manner when on our metaphysical plane?
User avatar
summer_sky
Member
Member
Posts: 926
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:12 am

u2 wrote: Alright i used to experience the same thing when i was 10-12 years old....each time i doze off in class , i can feel my body floating up and when i wake up , i feel my soul just falling back into my body.

For you , it could be astral travelling...dangerous stuff. I don't advice anyone to try this unless u know what u are doing. Did u see a tube connecting u and yr physical body on the bed? Maybe this is the same thing u experience when u die , since u leave yr body which have got physical eyes and pupils . Some people die and come back to life , people ask them what it feels like and they say they saw a bright light , warm and loving and they didn't feel any strain in the eyes because there are no more...eh whats the word. Hope u get the idea. Its like the stairway to heaven. William Blake did a drawing of it somewhere.
hmmm, no, i didn't see a connector tube or bright lights when i left my body and levitated above myself. i simply saw myself laying on the bed in the semi-darkness of my room lit by the moonlight.
i've heard that about people dying and seeing a bright light and feeling warm and safe as they come back to life. i always doubted that until it happened to somebody i know. he was run over by a dumptruck and pronounced dead in the ambulance, but then before reaching the hospital he said he found himself engulfed in a soft bright warm light like a tunnel and then he 'woke up'. i believe my friend, he is not the kind of guy who makes up wild stories. he is also one of the mellowest, laid back people i know, too. he said he used to be very uptight and a workoholic and took everything so seriously, but after his experience he says he has a whole different perspective on what is important and what he should spend his energies on in this world.


btw, u2, should you be dozing off in class? hahaha
User avatar
summer_sky
Member
Member
Posts: 926
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:12 am

u2 wrote:power animals are like guardians like in brother bear. red indians know more about this.

the aura color thingy - it can also be used to see if a person is suffering from any sickness based on the different colored postions...called charka (sp).
u2 wrote:Aww...YEah! I finally did it. 2 hrs after my previous post above , i focused on my hardrive and suddenly , i saw lotsa colors stuff radiating from the slots in it and lotsa heat waves!

that's cool you were able to see the aura of your harddrive, u2..... but, does the aura of inanimate objects hold the same meaning and significance of the aura of living beings? i mean, for example, if sickness can be determined by the 'chakra' of an aura, is it possible to know when your hard drive is going bad by checking out it's aura?
also, i think chakra is somehow related to the colors of the rainbow, is it not?


now that you mention it, i have read about power animals and their roles in Native American geomancy belief system. i really don't know alot about it, but it seems we all have our own 'guardian angel' on this Earth in the form of an animal. wonder what is my power animal? how did you learn to discover your power animal, u2?
Abhishek
Member
Member
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:43 am

Living in India i hear this kind of stuff everytime.....and i beg to disagree with u guys.....You know this kind of stuff is PURELY MENTAL.IMO.A dude above mentioned that he floated..but i think he did not ACTUALLY FLOAT BUT HE GOT A MENTAL IMPRESSION THAT HE LEVITATED.I hope u guys get my point..and yeah i really dont know about the aura thingy but i have heard a lot about it!

PS:Can anyone please post a site exclusively on meta...u know i am not quite sure about this stuff and would love to get info............ :twisted:
And how did steve get into metaphysics? :roll:
User avatar
summer_sky
Member
Member
Posts: 926
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:12 am

u2 wrote:.... i got the basic idea from steve vai and some of his album covers like Passion and warefare , its metaphysical look at one side andu will see the opposite of it on the other side. Like passion , look at the building , looks peaceful while warefare got fire and hatred on the buildings. Look into steve's hands , its like a balance which means everything exist for a reason. and the fairies form a triangle with the 3rd eye above steve's head.

the coverart of 'Passion And Warfare' is a very intense statement of opposites attracting to create a balance and harmony lighting the way amidst much dark chaos and destruction. there are many stories that can be told by looking at the layering of good/evil, beauty/ugly, lightness/darkness, creation/destruction, calm/chaotic, life/death......on this one work of art.
User avatar
summer_sky
Member
Member
Posts: 926
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:12 am

Abhishek wrote:Living in India i hear this kind of stuff everytime.....and i beg to disagree with u guys.....You know this kind of stuff is PURELY MENTAL.IMO.A dude above mentioned that he floated..but i think he did not ACTUALLY FLOAT BUT HE GOT A MENTAL IMPRESSION THAT HE LEVITATED.I hope u guys get my point..and yeah i really dont know about the aura thingy but i have heard a lot about it!

PS:Can anyone please post a site exclusively on meta...u know i am not quite sure about this stuff and would love to get info............ :twisted:
And how did steve get into metaphysics? :roll:
maybe, it is a matter of mind over matter, Abhishek..... but, isn't that exactly what one wants to achieve? to leave the physical world and enter the spiritual dimension?

here are a couple of websites that i explored when i was first beginning to read about Metaphysics.....

http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/METAPHYS.html

http://websyte.com/alan/metamul.htm

i'm still looking for good sources of information, so i, too, would like some suggestions from anybody who knows about this stuff.


btw, it's not that important, but i'm a girl, not a guy :wink:
Post Reply