this forum is kinda suckin: Dose Steve ever look @ this sit

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
randomevo
Newcomer

Dose Steve ever look @ this site?
I certainly do not meen to be dissrespectfull in any way. However,
I find it sad that EVO has no input here at all. I came here hopping to find some intuitive awstricking material from THE ONE. not mIckey. who ever that is. Maybe i'm a biger fan than than I thought, Sure upon occasion I
do some kickass sheddin, but when Steve does it, I fell as though I'm in a differant plasce. Theres no way to explain the F e e l i n g.
What the hell hapend to LONG AWAITED - IT WILL BE WORTH IT -

VIRTUAL VAI ???

i'M f%&KING hart broke I guess. I just expected more.
Evil Betty

Dear Mr. 3 Posts,

Firstly, WTF are you talking about? Who is EVO? Do you mean Steve?

If you did a little searching you'd see Steve does post here from time to time, but he probably also has a lot of other stuff on his plate. May I kindly suggest you invest in a dictionary or a spellchecker. You should also remember that if you're new here, this probably isn't the best way to make friends.

E.B.

P.S. If you occasionally do some "kickass sheddin" perhaps you should see a dermatologist.
King Snake

I'm confused here.

anyway, if you wanna talk to vai, go to one of his shows and score a backstage pass.
Henrique Henriques

Evil Betty wrote:
P.S. If you occasionally do some "kickass sheddin" perhaps you should see a dermatologist.
Evil Betty?!?!?!?
I Love you!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny sh*t!!
davester1234

King Snake wrote:I'm confused here.

anyway, if you wanna talk to vai, go to one of his shows and score a backstage pass.
the way to get a pass is to take advantage of the passes that quote unquote "mIckey" gives the fans here a chance to win.

Furthermore, as pointed out, EVO is not a person, it is a guitar. Steve has never gone by the name of EVO.

The more you know :)

(figured you'd know that being the uber vai fan you are).

Anyhow, sorry this community dissapoints you. Truth is, if you want to know about Vai, there is simply NO OTHER place that's even worth going to. It's all here, and I guarantee you you'll here about thing first here. You get it from the man himself. If not from him, then from what we like to refer to as his right-hand man, Mikey.
Henrique Henriques

randomevo wrote: Sure upon occasion I
do some kickass sheddin, ....
I do know that you meant shredding but...

What you should really learn with Steve's Atittude and Songs is Humility!!!
:wink:
Pro-string strummer

That guys right a bit... it would be cool for steve to come on every week or so to read on thing or too, he's not THAT busy i mean come on, I may not be steve vai I but I get busy in my studio and busy with distributers but come on... jsut a few mins would be nice... i know everyone here (deep down) would love that more than i love chocolate milk(well.... maybe not THAT much)... so don't be so harsh on the guy... haha later
-Jeff
Lycanthrope

Pro-string strummer wrote:That guys right a bit... it would be cool for steve to come on every week or so to read on thing or too, he's not THAT busy i mean come on, I may not be steve vai I but I get busy in my studio and busy with distributers but come on... jsut a few mins would be nice... i know everyone here (deep down) would love that more than i love chocolate milk(well.... maybe not THAT much)... so don't be so harsh on the guy... haha later
-Jeff
i think the harshness is directed moreso at the kid's arrogance...and not his request.

Besides - i think for a fan, you seriously underestimate Steve's timetable and hectic schedule - i wholeheartedly understand why he doesn't come on here and look at all our posts.

cheers,
yon.
tim_knox

Yah i like things how they are I mean i can ask questions to brilliant musicians all day long and have great in depth conversations with people accross the world. Its fine that Steve doesn't post all that much because it is awsome when he does, it just makes it that much more special 8)

I just dont like how that dude has 4 posts to his name and already he is bashing this board which i loooove. But hey i guess everyone is different and we need people like that so that when they open their mouths we can biotch slap them :lol:
burnrate

I'm going to sort of steer this in another direction (and ignore the original post).

I get the feeling that Steve suffers from disorganisation as much as lack of time (er, I should say that this is completely speculative). For such a dedicated, passionate and committed artist, his output isn't overly prolific. It could also be that he's a perfectionist, and that might slow him down quite a bit as well.

I don't mean that as an insult in any way, however (I'm pretty disorganised and undisciplined myself). I'm just happy to have the ability to enjoy his music. But it would be nice if he could be a bit more super-human and produce more music, some DVDs AND browse the forums regularly.

Oh well ... :-)
Nilsefix

I dont think the greatest guitarplayer of all time has the time to sit write with us schmos (sorry guys , hehe , but we are schmos) all day..
mickey knows what is to know ;) and its just a fun time!
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pro-string strummer wrote:That guys right a bit... it would be cool for steve to come on every week or so to read on thing or too, he's not THAT busy i mean come on
You mean besides making tons of music, running a business or two, doing press, do his own administration parts and being a father of two teenagers?
Oh and the odd tour here and thare and I'm sure Pia occasionally likes to chat with her hubby... ;)

He's the type that edits out all the noises between the drumsounds on the live in astoria DVD... :)

He is busy alright. For us even.
davester1234

On top of that, maybe Steve's not much of a computer geek. Maybe when he gets a moment of time, he'd like to spend it with his wife and kids.

:)
dex

Steve is a super busy perfectionist that has his time booked and organised for the next 2 years and on top of that Mikey does answer all valid questions about Steve without even trying - it's like he truly is Steve's #1 Fan.
He is a bit biased when it comes to Whitesnake but I'm biased the other way so I can't hold that against him. Also from people who have met him I hear he is a great guy, so.........

I admit it would be cool if Steve chimed in once in a while and answered some questions but to be fair most questions are so naff - 90% of Steve's fans know the answer and it can be googled in 2 min but people still ask them here.

Maybe Mikey can highlight 2-3 valid and intersting topics a week (or just one) and ask Steve to contribute.
That way all Steve will have to do is read 15-20 min worth of rubbish :D a week and just respond to one thing.
Mikey what do you think - is that doable at all as I hear you are also mighty busy with side projects??
*Keeping my fingers crossed that Mikey or Mod777 get this forum (and all postings) by email*

ilia
Vaiper

this kid probably downloads, has all his MP3s including beethovens 5th, formula 1, and speed metal symphony