G3 Shows: SITTING or STANDING ?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
GuitarStrings

On my G3 ticket(Milano), I read "seats" so can anyone explain this to me?
Am I going to be sitting or be standing at the G3 show?

If I am not wrong, in the old G3 DVD(with Eric Johnson) the audience was sitting.
RAI

If it rocks, you stand.....
:D

I can understand why people would sit during Eric johnson.
And people will be sitting during Robert Fripp (unless they walk out...).
But once Steve gets on stage, there won't be much sitting anymore.
8)
shacks

I was at the G3 show in B'ham UK. I was fourth row from the front and crowd sat during all of the show, I couldent believe it!!! The five previous times I have seen Satch (at different venues) the crowd had always stood and the atmosphere has always been great. The crowd should be made to stand!!! At the G3 show I thought the crowd spoiled what was a ******* amazing show.

shacks
summer_sky

personally, i can never understand how people can sit at a music show .... especially at a live music show.... i even have trouble staying seated when the music begins at a ballet......
munchocruncho

In the beacon theatre, where i went to G303, we were all sitting. But g303 live in Denver DVD, they are standing. I guess it depends on the venue, and where the tall people are.
ROCK KITTEN 76

shacks wrote:I was at the G3 show in B'ham UK. I was fourth row from the front and crowd sat during all of the show, I couldent believe it!!! The five previous times I have seen Satch (at different venues) the crowd had always stood and the atmosphere has always been great. The crowd should be made to stand!!! At the G3 show I thought the crowd spoiled what was a ******* amazing show.

shacks
SHACKS I KNOW I STOOD A FEW TIMES ON MY JACK JONES.
i've posted up about this somewhere....i will repeat its due to alot of security making you sit back down i really just wanted to stand rock and go wild but i dont think the family behind me with the two children would have appreciated it..
still i jigged around in my seat
its the venue i know at the NEC you'd have just stood up and gone wild

i think seats are such an opressive thing in especially in the pit i can understand in higher tiers
:cry:
guyzif

AT londaon last night. We all sat. It was the royal albert hall so it's just the done thing. We did give a standing ovation though.
ROCK KITTEN 76

yeah thats it excactly ..in certain venues its pretty much rules of the place...believe me i think everyone wants to stand i sure as hell did..

you know what i think would be a great venue the wovlo civic..
my friend said that there no one sits down..or is made to sit down or refuses to sit down one of the three..lol

NIA first time its a nice venue but its poor on the rules
infact there alot of venues similar..i'm thinking about flying out to the U.S to go watch them there sometime..
guyzif

Take me!!!!! LOL
ROCK KITTEN 76

hey your more than welcome to come along..actually might be a good idea to organise a party of us..it might work out cheaper in the long run.. :D
guyzif

Thats not a bad plan y'know.
ROCK KITTEN 76

i know ...i think thats a awesome plan! :D
guyzif

Modest... I like it!
ROCK KITTEN 76

well if anyone from uk,europe is interested ..lets see what its gonna take etc to get our pinkeys off

someone will have to look up in coming months where upcoming shows in the states are gonna be at..i'll be keeping my eyes peeled and check out some costs etc..

start a thread for the girls n guys who would want to go for a little stateside action :wink:
steff

I was at the Bournemouth gig and I'm glad it was all sitting else my young lad would not have seen a thing. We were able to sit and enjoy what was going on, if you want to jump about go to a rave.