Steve on Motörhead's "Inferno"

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Evil Betty

Steve on Motörhead's "Inferno"

#1 Post by Evil Betty » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:22 pm

Anybody pick this up yet? I did the other day and it's an amazing album and Steve's performances on it are stellar. I even noticed a little lick reminiscent of "Shy Boy" in the opening cut's solo. Hard, fast, loud and heavy. Y'all should check it out.

Steve and Lemmy are a lethal combination.

Ë.B.

Jippy

#2 Post by Jippy » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:47 am

Agreed. I forgot this came out and picked it up this past Tuesday. Great CD. Motorhead never loses their edge and I like how Steve's guitar tones were blended in to the mix. Very raw and agressive sounding. I only wish he played on more of it, but I'll take what I can get.

Mr. Canadian

#3 Post by Mr. Canadian » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:29 am

Thx for the reminder. I'm gonna pick up my first ever Motorhead album today!!! :twisted:

guyzif

#4 Post by guyzif » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:18 am

Are the vocals still like they were in ace of spades coz i Can't listen to lemmys voice, it makes me feel sick.

BornToShred

#5 Post by BornToShred » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:08 am

guyzif wrote:Are the vocals still like they were in ace of spades coz i Can't listen to lemmys voice, it makes me feel sick.
Lemmy's voice is even more gritty nowadays.

He has the ugliest face and the ugliest voice on the planet. I quite like it. :D

Nilsefix

#6 Post by Nilsefix » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:31 am

i think it was really terrible :(

shacks

#7 Post by shacks » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:28 am

Some short clips of the album HERE.

shacks

Bowelquaker
Newcomer

Lemmy & Steve -- dream combo!

#8 Post by Bowelquaker » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:30 am

Imagine my surprise when halfway thru Inferno's opening track I hear this insane solo that just had to be some guest star, Phil Campbell just doesn't sound like that, as much as I love his playing.

When I backed up the track and listened again, I thought, man, somebody sure listened to a lot of Vai, probably too much. So I hightail it over to All-Music.com and discover that -- wonder of wonders! -- it really is Stevie. I had no idea this was on tap! (I don't get out much these days......)

It is great to see guys who do not need to work together to go ahead and reach out and go for just to see what happens. The comparison to the Shy Boy riff is apt, too. Tells me that rumors of rock's demise are greatly exaggerated.

And for the shredheads in the house, you do not have to love Lemmy, but you do have to respect him. Out.

bigd

#9 Post by bigd » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:48 am

I downloaded Terminal Show just to hear what it was like coz i could not imagine steve on a motorhead track and it's completely insane so i've just ordered it coz you know what you're gonna get with Motorhead which is Rockin' Metal!! The last couple of albums have been underrated in my opinion.

Mr. Canadian

#10 Post by Mr. Canadian » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:45 pm

I got it and it rocks good. It's cool hearing Vai in this context.

Krofinzki
Newcomer

#11 Post by Krofinzki » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:30 am

I've bought it aswell, and I would recommend anyone to buy it. It's awesome!

carl101
Newcomer

#12 Post by carl101 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:55 am

This is really a verry cool album. five stars for it
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

carl

kalter_Tod

#13 Post by kalter_Tod » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:20 am

I bought Inferno the day of its release (22 June 2004 if I'm not mistaking) and was very exciting by the fact that Steve has been invited on the record to play some soli.
Well, I must say that Steve's stuff on "Terminal Show" is purely amazing : it sounds very classic Vai but with a kind of raw dirty sound which make it more rock'n'roll than the usual. Very cool !
:headbang :guitar :headbang
But I find his work on "Down On Me" a bit less exciting... Sure it still is pretty fun but... well, I like it less... :)

However Inferno remains a very good Motörhead record which kicks ass !!!! :headbang :headbang
And I'm gonna listen to it right now ! :headbang

jmchambers5

#14 Post by jmchambers5 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:50 am

Lemmy's handlebar mustache will destroy you all.

pauldlr

#15 Post by pauldlr » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:17 am

kalter_Tod wrote:
But I find his work on "Down On Me" a bit less exciting... Sure it still is pretty fun but... well, I like it less... :)

However Inferno remains a very good Motörhead record which kicks ass !!!! :headbang :headbang
And I'm gonna listen to it right now ! :headbang
I think you'll find Steve only plays on Terminal Show.
Fantastic album though, my favorite of 2004.
Saw them live at Hamersmith at the end of last year, (having not seen them for over 10 years and they severely kicked ass! :headbang :headbang
If ti wasn't for Aching Hunger this would have been my best gig of 2004.