Real Illusions - Teaser Trailer

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Oveja Negra

Jippy wrote:So...is this planned for a late summer or early fall release. I can't wait! Any chance of seeing a special-packaged CD/DVD set with some clips of Steve in the studio? That would sit proudly on my shelf next to the box set. :)
In a chat with Satch & Malmsteen, Vai said that this album will be released in September :D :D :D

Saludoslis :shock:
Vaituoso

I hope a DVD with studio outtakes comes out, too. Just put out a new DVD! We'll all buy it.
88RootBeer
Newcomer

I just viewed the Real Illusions video trailer and I have to say... I consider myself extremely lucky to be around to bear witness to this phenomenon we all know and love as "Steve Vai"...

Just imagine waking up tomorrow...and the guitar God of the day is Duane Eddy (no disrespect to Duane...my father loves his stuff...innovative...for the times...but EEEeegads)

...and now as I sit here in my basement, Cakewalk up and running, staring at my guitar, trying to coax from it sounds that evoke emotion (other than sheer frustration), I re-load the Real Illusions video trailer and am reminded how the guitar can make you feel: sad, angry, scared, happy, liberated, I realize how lucky I am...it's a great time to be alive!!!

Thanks Steve!!!
7string

I want to see the movie but it doesn't work.
Get the message: Quicktime is missing software required to perform this operation. Unfortunately it is not available on the quicktime server.

Somebody has a solution? Please??

I wanna rock!!
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, go download the latest complete quicktime player.
I have 6.3, and that works like a charm.
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Just download the new version of Quicktime and delete the old one.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Mikey
vai.com
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Jeroenn wrote:Yeah, go download the latest complete quicktime player.
^^ What he said ;)

Mikey
vai.com
GTR-MAN

WOW!!! :shock: That was a real treat and toture at the same time. Now that I've had a taste I can't wait to hear the whole album. Right now I'd settle for a whole track :wink: Also ask Steve to make us more DVD's too. Hell I'd pay to watch him run scales and such, he's just so awesome to watch. Septmeber can't come soon enough.

You rule Steve!!!
7string

Mikey wrote:
Jeroenn wrote:Yeah, go download the latest complete quicktime player.
^^ What he said ;)

Mikey
vai.com
^^^^

What you both said. Great guys! Thanks.
And the video is awesome!!!!
No sleeping next few hours :wink:

This Rocks
BadHorsie0312

This clip kinda reminds me of Tony Mac back with Planet X. Its so out there and kick ass. Only Steve would use a guitar synth :lol: . but yes it is most excellent.
88RootBeer
Newcomer

Hello y'all,

Does anyone know if the FP has the Dimarzio Pro PAF pickups (as seen, I think, in the Real Illusions video?)

Also, we've been able to find out that Steve is using a guitar synth in this piece. This'll probably be a stretch, but I don't suppose anyone knows which synth he's using (I have the Roland GR-50 and GR-33) ...is it one of these, or a much more professional setup?

P.S. I love root beer.
Vaituoso

88RootBeer wrote:I just viewed the Real Illusions video trailer and I have to say... I consider myself extremely lucky to be around to bear witness to this phenomenon we all know and love as "Steve Vai"...
Damn right, brother! I don't care if my parents got to witness Hendrix when he was around. Wonder why? I got something way better in my time... Steve Vai!
davester1234

Moderator777 wrote:
davester1234 wrote:Yeah, Steve really gets into that emotionally.

Even when he records he looks like he's onstage playing to thousands! I wonder if he was just accomodating the camera or if he always records that way.
He wasn't performing for the camera if that's what you are asking. That's Steve just laying down a track. :)

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com
Steve rules man. He really does dump his heart and soul into every note he plays. :)
Claus P

:lol: To see a magician creating heavenly music is a gift - put it on a DVD so we can see more of it. Thanks for putting it on the net :D
spanishphrygian

Uh, haha I feel really late now. Like there has been 1,000 posts already in just a few days. After hearing such a great solo I know why. Wow!