Heaviest Vai Instrumental ever??

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
lydian7

I think without a doubt, the heaviest, most intense Vai instrumental piece has to be either 'OOOO' from the Ultra Zone Album, or 'The Mysterious Murder of Christian Tiera's Lover/Murder' from the Fire Garden. I think for Sheer intensity of climax, 'OOOO' has to be the Heaviest.
Last edited by lydian7 on Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Picabo

Bad Horsie and Kill The Guy With The Ball (both from Alien Love Secrets) are pretty heavy too!
lydian7

Actually I'd forgotten 'Kill The guy with the ball', that's pretty heavy and intense, maybe more so than 'oooo' or 'mysterious murder of...'
Bono

Yeah I'd go with Kill the Guy with the Ball. Maybe Bad Horsie and possibly Speed as well.
wolvesuk
Newcomer

I would have to say Kill the guy with the ball as well,

Hi Lydian,Wolves here too,u off to the Birmingham show :?:
lydian7

wolvesuk wrote:I would have to say Kill the guy with the ball as well,

Hi Lydian,Wolves here too,u off to the Birmingham show :?:
Yup, of course :wink:

You weren't at the Ultra zone show at the civic by any chance were you? If you were, maybe we chatted before going in to see Vai soundcheck?
Tom

There's a lot of heavy instrumental stuff. "Erotic Nightmares," "Giant Balls of Gold".... I think maybe the Fire Garden Suite (Taurus Bulba) is what sticks in my mind right now. That first chord after "Angel Food" always hits hard and when the melody guitar comes in it's pretty heavy!
lydian7

I don't think 'Erotic nightmares' is all that heavy to be honest. I love that song though, and I think the middle 8 'dream' section is so deep! When it goes through all the dream sounds, then glass is broken, the music breaks into this beautiful mystical-sounding flute-like guitar part, which gradually develops reverb as if entering an enchanted dwarven cave or something!
Massacre

Well I'm going to go with "Giant balls of gold" I think its pretty strong.
Tom

Yeah, "heavy" might not be right for "Erotic.." -- I was thinking more af particular moments in the tune. The last go-round of the main theme is so intense it's almost heavy. Your description of the "dream" section is cool! Maybe a better example of heaviness from PAW would be the bass solo section in "Blue Powder." Those chords that alternate with the bass are pretty heavy.
bcgvh

I'm gonna say Speeding.
Psychlone

"The Road to Mt. Cavalry".

That's heavy.
Sliver

Heavier than "Bad Horsie"?? :roll:
GuitarStrings

what about P I G from S&R?
chicken_fry
Newcomer

i think pig from sex & religion, fast & hard.