Best Steve Vai vocal track?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
sap

"You are here" is my fav. vocal. I also like "Here I am" and "Damn You". To me those were radio friendly songs.
lydian7

sap wrote:"You are here" is my fav. vocal. I also like "Here I am" and "Damn You". To me those were radio friendly songs.
Since when did everything have to be 'radio-friendly'? Most top-ten singles music is absolute tripe, aimed at a young demographic audience (12-15 yrs old?).

People who buy the tripe that is forced onto them by the media (i.e. 'radio-freindly' chart singles songs) are confused on what to buy, so they buy something that is familiar to them. Everything is neatly placed in categories and genres, and is produced with this kind of 'non-music lover' in mind. What you get is a bunch of stereotypical shite, deliberately trying to sound like the genre it's emulating. Most of this music is very well produced, but is insincere and lacking in song-writing, because it's recycled from whatever was a hit a few months ago.

The music industry stinks right now, they think people under 15 don't buy music anymore. They're wrong, and maybe that's the truth behind low album sales (where the real money is).
chicken_fry
Newcomer

Ya Yo Gakk!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
alive from ultra zone
rescue me or bary me from sex & religion

are good! don't forget shy boy!!
Jemfever

Yeah "Ya Yo gakk" is a really funny tune! I like the idea behind that song.But I love "all about eve" and "Brother"
Another great tune to me is Steve's version of "little wing" on the G3 DVD( I know that it's not Steve who wrote that song1)'cause he puts so much emotion into that piece!
hush

My picks would be:

1. Selfless Love (Archive Vol. 3 - Mystery Tracks)
2. I'll Be Around
3. The Silent Within

The lyrics and subject matters were partly responsible for my selection.
Andelusion

Steve's vocal performances are seriously underrated! Just reading through this thread and seeing peoples suggestions i keep remembering 'Oh yeah!' it's deciving just how many -great- tracks Steve has done with vocals.

I've always loved All About Eve, especially in the chorus when the backing singers go 'Your heaven is dangerrrr!!!' it's so cool lol
I also prefer Steve's vocal on Little Wing much more than Jimi's, i think he really does the song justice.
Light of the moon is also another classic, even if Steve did refer to it as 'cheesy' lol

lol@the guy who mentioned Satch having a bash XD His voice really is a bit poo i think lol Especially on the new album (got it today, thanks Ellie =D)
Godfather

I like Steve's voice, I really enjoy hearing him sing. Personal faves would be Little Alligator and All About Eve. Satriani has an odd voice, sometimes it really sounds good and at others...no. Fave Satch vocals: Rockin In The Free World (G3) and Big Bad Moon.
Music Master

Aching Hunger is great, as is Brother, and Alive In An Ultra World....
As an Australian, I found Light Of The Moon corny and lame, as I loathe Waltzing Matilda. :?
sonny sixshooter

Definately "Here I am"! Such a great song, plus he opned the show with this little diddy the only time I ever saw him play.
layla
Newcomer

My favorites:
You`re here
Alive in ultra world
Little wing
Nick Lee
Newcomer

I found Steve's vocal performance on "Light of the Moon" was my favourite...

The throat accent in "Remembering her life while running in the rain" (if those are even the exact lyrics) gets me every time!
layla
Newcomer

In My Dreams With You - forever!!! :!: :wink:
guyzif

'I'l Be Around' is IMO an often overlooked gem. I LOVE the vocals on that song. 'Alive in a Ultraworld' is also one of my favourites.
Zebula77

I never thought Steve's voice was all that. I usually only listen to the first part of Fire Garden.
But having said that, 'Rescure Me Or Bury Me' is great. 'All About Eve' is probably his best vocal song, though. He sings well on 'Brother', too. Lots of feeling in that song. :D
tifosi79
Newcomer

marvin wrote:i like all about eve, but silent within (theatrical song) is one of the best songs (vocally and musically) :twisted:
I agree, but if you want something not as intense you can't go past Alive in an Ultra World.