How about G2??

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
satch_vai

Just leave it with Satch and Vai.

An hour and a half each, then a half our jam.

Id go for that! :)
Sliver

I actually thought of that before. But I don't mind the third G if it's Yngwie.
tim_knox

I would really like to see joe and steve do a few covers of each others songs and see what they can add in, that would be really exciting.
Bono

I think a G2 would be a wicked idea...the two greatest guitarists in the world headlining the stage and playing 1.5 hour sets each, and then jamming at the end...would be heaven for me. Having said that, I must say I am really looking forward to the G3 with Robert Fripp. I haven't heard any of his stuff before and I'm quite looking forward to seeing him.
mobiusjet

no offense here... but robert who???
mobiusjet

im thinkin they should invite micheal romeo myself.... but then... i have no taste in music apparently..
guyzif

Who said that! I think he's great... that is the dude from Symphony X isn'ty it?
satch_vai

I actually thought of that before. But I don't mind the third G if it's Yngwie.
Im afraid Yngwie was one of my reasons for posting the idea for G2. He just doesnt do anything for me! :oops:
Ben
Newcomer

when I saw the new G3 DVD I wasn't overly impressed with Yngwie's performance, yes he is an extremly talented guitarist but his music didnt do anything for me either.

G2 would be good to see but G3 with Eric Johnson would be even better, now he absolutly blew me away when I saw the first G3 video and made me go out and buy Venus Isle and Ah Via Musicom.

Given the choice of any third member of G3 Id most like to see Tony Iommi play with Steve and Joe, that would be interesting...
Junebughunter

A G3 is a G3. I couldn't imagine one without the 3rd G even if I didn't like the 3rd guy.

A G2 would just be a concert with two headlining bands. Which would be cool, but I don't think it would ever have the G3 feel.
tim_knox

Yah i really enjoy the third G even though im not a big fan of Yngwie's music, he just brought a new personality and talent to the table, it makes it exciting. Damn I wish Steve would have made a DVD of the G3 with Petrucci.
GreenMeanie

Yngwie did nothing for me either but to each his own! That is what makes the world go around. I would love the G2 idea!
Psychlone

I definitely dig the idea of just Steve and Joe on the road, but maybe not as "G2"... It would be so cool to see them take each other's songs, chop 'em up, and either Satchurate or Revaitalize them. Or (are you ready for this?) to make an album together. :shock:
The Prez

WHy not have a G4, 5, 6, 7 or 8? I doubt it would be called G2