VAI-Tunes Audio and Video Downloads (UPDATED 4 OCTOBER '06)

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
LucySorets

rockininthefreeworld wrote:This is for mickey.
And why this is not free??Why?
Ivan, please answer me.
Hey man, they are practically giving it away!!! :D
alienacidsoup

Mikey, I'm not trying to be a pest but is Vai-Tunes dead? :?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Two new tracks for your listening pleasure!

- Dance Of The Twilight Creatures
- Big Bang Theory

Check them out now in the [http://www.vai.com/vaitunes/index.html]VAI-Tunes Download Store[/url]!

We're now working on some video additions to the store too!

Mikey :)
vai.com
litlgrnman

listening to Dance of the Twilight Creatures now...I love the acoustic!! Would like to see Steve bust out some acoustic on the next tour. Lucky Charms would be KILLER!!

Big Bang Theory - Love the pulsating bass line. This song definitely has an ethereal feel to me (maybe has something to do w/ the title ; ). Tried fruitlessly to decipher the garbled voices (what are they saying???) What I wouldn't give to observe Steve in creative mode...mixing, sampling, tweaking etc... I thought Big Bang Theory might have something to do w/ the beginning of There's a Fire in the House. The first time I heard that I nearly soiled my trousers as the volume was set to 11.

I really like what you are doing w/ the download store. I read some comments somewhere on here that not many people are downloading...I find that hard to believe.
shacks

Big thanks Mikey! :D Fantastic tracks! Like litlgrnman said, I love the acoustic on 'DOTTC'. Really interesting and diverse stuff!

Would it be possible that you could update the thread title each time you add new tracks eg. "UPDATE ??/??/04" so we can see that new stuff has been added to the store without having to open up the thread? I know it will be mentioned in the news section but for people who like to get the tracks ASAP!:wink: Keep up the good work...

Cheers :D
shacks

I am looking forward to the vids!
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great tunes!

Listning to Twilight Creatures now I like the rythmic Vibe. Matter of fact, I would love to see Steve explore a bit more African Rythm style in the future. Nice soundfx throughout the track.
I wonder if this is an Euphoria I'm hearing..:)

On Big Bang Theory,
Real eerie tune, cool guitar fireworks & very intense! Can anyone figgure out what is spoken in there? I love the ending too with a hint of Alien Water Kiss.

Very cool stuff indeed!
:headbang
lastmohican

Jeroen wrote: I wonder if this is an Euphoria I'm hearing..:)

The track was recorded in 1996.......
:wink:
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

lastmohican wrote:
Jeroen wrote: I wonder if this is an Euphoria I'm hearing..:)

The track was recorded in 1996.......
:wink:
See, that's what you get when you're just awake and eager to hear the tunes. I should read better..:)
shacks

Thanks Mikey for updating the thread title! :wink:

Cheers :D
shacks

The new tracks are getting better with every listen! 8)
alienacidsoup

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Great tunes... just leaves me wanting more! I don't recognize the vocal samples on "Big Bang Theory". I would love to have it as a Naked Vamp though so that I could jam over it. :D
Evil Betty

These are my favorite tracks so far!

E.B.
Fisher23
Newcomer

Great idea, but it would be better if they were free, no Mikey?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

BMWs would be better if they were free too - but that's not how the world works.

What do you think it costs to offer a download service? Think beyond the 99c that it will cost you to download a song you can listen to any time you want, and that isn't available anywhere else.

Mikey
vai.com
earthh

Mikey wrote:
I don't know where you heard that. Steve just isn't really interested in doing instructional stuff right now. It takes time away from actually creating real music and other more interesting stuff.

Mikey
vai.com
Steve doing an instructional video seems lame. There are a ton of them out there - no shortage. "Steve Vai teaches you how to play" beh. Doesn't fit his image me thinks.
rellimmas
Newcomer

I posted a message before on this topic and nobody replied, so im gonna post it again to see what other people would think. Regarding the video download section how about the live version of the guitar duel from crossroads that steve performed on the Fire Garden tour with Mike Keneally, I have to see eugenes trick bag live, Ive heard a lot about it but havent been able to find it anywhere. Im sure other people would like to see this too.

cheers
Keep up the good work Mikey.