New Guitar.com Vai interview

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
markmcg

Here!

(Apologies if already posted)

Cheers
Mark
LordHar

WOW!, there is LOT's of info in this one!!!

Thanks,

LordHar.
Veye

Thanx,
that's a really great interview..!!

:)
Veye
John

Thanks! :D
There's gonna be a compilation DVD? That's great! What's gonna be on there?
And the orchestral piece is gonna be another kind of musical? Wicked. But that doesn't explain why there isn't any mention of THE musical in the "schedule". I hope Steve still wants to record and release it sometime.
Also cool to hear that the piano reductions CD is coming out this year. Not to mention the tours. God that's a lot of stuff to look forward to! 8)
davester1234

hehe kennydoe should be on that cd for piano reductions!
Mr. Canadian

Great find buddy...thx!!! :D
bob mac

John wrote:Thanks! :D
There's gonna be a compilation DVD? That's great! What's gonna be on there?
And the orchestral piece is gonna be another kind of musical? Wicked. But that doesn't explain why there isn't any mention of THE musical in the "schedule". I hope Steve still wants to record and release it sometime.
Also cool to hear that the piano reductions CD is coming out this year. Not to mention the tours. God that's a lot of stuff to look forward to! 8)
That is ALOT of stuff to look forward too............... :D
badhorsie551

Im excited!!

This may be wishful thinking but i hope that the compilation DVD contains the various PRO-SHOT footage that is floating around as bootlegs IE LIVE IN BULGARIA, LIVE IN SEOUL KOREA,maybe some stuff from the zappa tribute with dweezil/mike/steve jamming and other things(music videos!!! maybe some alcatrazz!) :lol: . I only hope that it doesnt have any previously released footage thrown in IE G3 with satch/vai/johnson, Live in the astoria,and the upcoming G3 dvd with satch/vai/malmsteen.

But i cant wait for any of this stuff!

Im gonna buy it all!

MUAHAHAHA
davester1234

I hope things go as planned, or they'll be a lot of dissapointed vai fans. There's always risks in announcing your plans that far in advance. Things may change...

Here's hoping it all pans out, because we'll all be in for a treat with all that on the plate. :)
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, given Vai's history, things won't be going as planned, resulting in us getting more (other) goodies that are equal or even better than announced. :) No worries, and I like to be surprised.
Bono

FIRE STRINGS!!!

So it is being released! YAY!
atifman

Sweet, he gave a tentative schedule for everything he's planning to do 'til Winter of 2005, that is so cool!

it's good to hear that a Petrucci and Rudess CD is coming out,

i'm also happy about the G3 cd/dvd, and Fire Strings performance
micdreyer

hehe..sound like it will be a good year. :D :D ...first the hollandshow, and then the europatour :twisted: