How did the records get their names?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
dc27

How did the records get their names?

#1 Post by dc27 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:54 am

Just curious about how some of Steve's records got titled.. Does anyone know any stories about how it happens?

justinvirk
Newcomer

Re: How did the records get their names?

#2 Post by justinvirk » Mon May 30, 2016 5:13 am

I think its depends on music...some time on lyrics of one of the song...
Last edited by justinvirk on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zongadude

#3 Post by Zongadude » Tue May 31, 2016 2:34 pm

I might be wrong but I seem to remember that "Fire Garden" was going to be called "Fire Coma". I suppose Steve changed his mind during the making of the record.
There was also one time a hint that the follow-up to "P&W" would be called "Light Without Heat". (or was that going to be the name of the band that eventually became "VAI" ?) There was even a full color ad in Guitar Player or Guitar World, if I remember correctly.

I might be wrong about all that, I don't have my magazines from the 90s at hand ;)

Pif

#4 Post by Pif » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:00 am

Zongadude : you are indeed correct. Steve has a history of making announcements that he doesn't follow through (or takes the long way home, see Modern Primitive !), not that he's idle by any means. But : P & W book, Fire Garden book, Light Without Heat, interactive guitar lessons, stripped down album (ALS like) just after the Story of Light, the Secret Jewel Box. I'm probably missing a few.