Passion & Warfare anniversary

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
codnchips

I am massively excited about the Passion & Warfare anniversary. I loved that album (and still do). I really hope the remastered (hi def?) release and tour makes it to reality. It was the first CD I ever brought and it blew my balls off. I already owned the David Lee Roth albums (which I also still love), but Passion & Warfare was so different to what I knew. Before I even knew the album, I was drawn to the artwork. That album is engraved in my soul. I've seen Steve play many times and collectively heard most of the album played live, but I would love to hear it from start to finish if that's still the plan. Knowing Steve's generous live performance times, I'm sure it will be a trifle of plenty!! I also plan to make this tour, the tour that I do the Meet & Greet.
Bryceybhoy

Personally, I've had my fill of bands/artists playing old albums from start to finish. I'd rather he just put out a new release, a straight up rock record, guitars-drums-bass. That's what the vast majority of fans want. But, as ever, Steve does what the hell he wants so we'll just have to wait and see. My first encounter with Passion and Warfare was watching the I Would Love To video on MTV.....imagine that happening today! :guitar
codnchips

Yes, I (like yourself and many others) would love another straight out rock album from Vai.

If the power of a poll existed, then I would vote for a new straight out rock album over a tour of something that we've known for years, irrelevant of my own sentiment. I know titbits of info come out, but it's the same old 'get excited, get disappointed.

I don't 'believe' there will be an extravaganza to celebrate the anniversary of P&W, or the arrival of a straight out rock album, but in my childish heart at 40, I hope.

(I loved the 'I would love to...' Too :guitar )