The Official 'Secret Jewel Box' Thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
codnchips

#376 Post by codnchips » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:23 am

BTW, you have one of the filthiest usernames!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Incestuous_Monk

#377 Post by Incestuous_Monk » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:17 am

codnchips wrote:
Incestuous_Monk wrote:
codnchips wrote:Just FYI for those interested, there's box for sale on the UK "Bay" at the moment, five days to run I think. Not sure if this is against forum rules or anything, sorry if it is, just thought it would be useful info! :D
Hey that was mine!! Lol!! I can't believe it was mentioned on here and I have only just noticed - way cool.

Steve :o)
haha, well I'm sure at the time I had read about people wanting one, so thought I'd help out!
Did it go to a Vai.com-er in the end? Curiosity drives me to ask: Why sell? Was it a spare? Did you get tired of waiting to put something else in it? (I am!) :lol:
Hey! Well thanks for the free ad - lol! Mikey Mesker will probably string you up by the testicles though!

I don't know if it went to a vai.com-er. It sold for about £75 - which was more than I was expecting. I sold it because I needed the money - not because I wanted to. I also had to let go of an Ibanez EP7 Euphoria - which was just heart breaking and a beautiful Takamine Classical guitar. Lesson to be learned - credit cards are evil! I hope to be able to buy a Jewel Box again someday. I don't care so much about the box but the CD's I miss. But hey ho - that's life.

My user name filthy? Last time I had cod and chips it was covered in grease!! Actually it was just the rebel in me. I did want to be Bishop Basher - but I figured it may offend too many people that didn't know bashing the bishop was a euphemism for playing with the Weiner (Dave that is!).

Steve :o)
Last edited by Incestuous_Monk on Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

slimschafer
Newcomer

Jewel Box CD 7 & 8

#378 Post by slimschafer » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:43 am

Has 7 or 8 been released yet? I know it's been forever since I bought 6, but I don't get a chance to check up very often. I definitely don't want to miss out on any releases pertaining to the Jewel Box. Any inside info that would give me an IDEA when to be watching for the next release would be greatly appreciated.

SPACEBROTHER

#379 Post by SPACEBROTHER » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:05 pm

Hopefully if the content for the remaining CDs is'nt set in stone that there will be a disc or two of live material from the Real Illusions and Sound Theories tours. Maybe even snippets from all the tours since Flexable, Passion and Warfare, Sex And Religion, Fire Garden, Ultra Zone ect......

litlgrnman

#380 Post by litlgrnman » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:27 pm

any one else ready to hear Panic Jungle? The Classified? Hot Chunks?

chingue
Newcomer

#381 Post by chingue » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:43 am

any chance to get the Secret Jewel Box now??
I read in some forums that there will be a new release (or something).

Mikey please if you can answer i would appreciate it very much.

Greetings from Chile, from the heart of a fan that will never forget the experience lived with you and Steve

ArnieBall

#382 Post by ArnieBall » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:02 am

chingue wrote:any chance to get the Secret Jewel Box now??
I read in some forums that there will be a new release (or something).

Mikey please if you can answer i would appreciate it very much.

Greetings from Chile, from the heart of a fan that will never forget the experience lived with you and Steve
It has been said that new CDs will be released within 2008 to fill the boxset... I'm not sure about a new Jewelbox, since it was supposed to be a limited item.
BTW, Steve's latest newsletter mentionned CD#5 and #6 to come.... I thought CD #5 was 'Archives Vol.4'and CD#6 was 'Piano Reductions' :roll:
Edit: Yes, 'Archives Vol.5' and 'Panic Jungle' will be CD #7 & 8 !

chingue
Newcomer

#383 Post by chingue » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:05 am

i've already know the news about the new cds.
But my question is about the box itself. I've read that even thoguh it was a limited edition of 10.000 items there will be 2.000 more in an unconfirmed date... that's what i'd like to know

thanks anyway
:wink:

Mike_Siravo

#384 Post by Mike_Siravo » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:05 pm

2000 more!? i'd love that! mikey is that true?

-Mike Siravo
www.myspace.com/mikesiravomusic

litlgrnman

#385 Post by litlgrnman » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:53 pm

I am most looking forward to the "Steve Vai & the Classified" disc as well as "Hot Chunks"! I hope plans to realease these haven't changed.

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#386 Post by Mikey » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:05 pm

chingue wrote:i've already know the news about the new cds.
But my question is about the box itself. I've read that even thoguh it was a limited edition of 10.000 items there will be 2.000 more in an unconfirmed date... that's what i'd like to know

thanks anyway
:wink:
Due to the manufacturing costs, the Jewel Boxes were manufactured in chunks and only 8000 of the 10,000 were produced, and they are now sold out. The final 2000 will be manufactured and probably sold as complete sets once the final discs are released.

Once I have more definite information, I'll post it on the news page.

Mikey
vai.com

chingue
Newcomer

#387 Post by chingue » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:59 pm

Mikey you don't know how happy i am with this...
i´m crossing all my fingers (including my feet´s) and praying this to happen.

I suppossed that in case you have good news about this there'll be posted directly in vai.com... am i right?

Thanks for answering my question and I hope you remember our country as one of the warmest audiences.
:D

mayuka

#388 Post by mayuka » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:00 am

Alright thats a load off lol

micdreyer

Re: 10,000 boxes?

#389 Post by micdreyer » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:44 am

Mikey wrote:
HeBoMan wrote:Still, there is one thing with the Box that puzzles me. Back then, in 2001, the SJB was announced as a limited edition of only 10,000 pieces so that I started worrying that I wouldn't be in time to get one. I checked out vai.com regularly and when the online sale started in December 2001, I immediateley ordered one. I was happy to be in time and my SJB was neatly delivered here in Europe. To my suprise, apparently the Box is still available right now. And I just thought that 10,000 was really a limited number with all these fans there all over the globe. So my question is: have the sales of the Box been so disappointing or are we die-hard fans a little "cheated" thinking we bought something unique while there were many more Boxes made in reality? :?:
Henk, the Netherlands.
There were only 10,000 boxes made. It is "Limited Edition". It would be false advertising for us to say that there were only 10,000 made, but then print more.

In fact, the initial demand for the box set exceeded the first production run on 5000, and at one point, we stopped taking orders until the second run of 5000 was finished being printed and built.

There are still some available, however I don't have numbers on the remaining stock. I would imagine that there anen't many left, however sales of the box set are probably slower now than they were when it was first released. That will probably change once the next CDs are released.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com
Hi there. Can't belive there will be more boxes. 6 years after it first came out. In 2003 we were told that the last 5000 were made. Then now: Surprise, we found 2000 more. hmmm, just think its sad, that this exclusive and limited item end up like this.

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Re: 10,000 boxes?

#390 Post by Mikey » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:32 pm

micdreyer wrote:
Mikey wrote:
HeBoMan wrote:Still, there is one thing with the Box that puzzles me. Back then, in 2001, the SJB was announced as a limited edition of only 10,000 pieces so that I started worrying that I wouldn't be in time to get one. I checked out vai.com regularly and when the online sale started in December 2001, I immediateley ordered one. I was happy to be in time and my SJB was neatly delivered here in Europe. To my suprise, apparently the Box is still available right now. And I just thought that 10,000 was really a limited number with all these fans there all over the globe. So my question is: have the sales of the Box been so disappointing or are we die-hard fans a little "cheated" thinking we bought something unique while there were many more Boxes made in reality? :?:
Henk, the Netherlands.
There were only 10,000 boxes made. It is "Limited Edition". It would be false advertising for us to say that there were only 10,000 made, but then print more.

In fact, the initial demand for the box set exceeded the first production run on 5000, and at one point, we stopped taking orders until the second run of 5000 was finished being printed and built.

There are still some available, however I don't have numbers on the remaining stock. I would imagine that there anen't many left, however sales of the box set are probably slower now than they were when it was first released. That will probably change once the next CDs are released.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com
Hi there. Can't belive there will be more boxes. 6 years after it first came out. In 2003 we were told that the last 5000 were made. Then now: Surprise, we found 2000 more. hmmm, just think its sad, that this exclusive and limited item end up like this.
The above quote was from a while ago. I was incorrect. What I was not aware of was that the jewel boxes were made in runs smaller than 5000, and only 8000 have been made.

Producing them is REALLY expensive, so they were done in batches.

As the last of the 8000 were slow to sell, a decision was made to hold off on producing the final 2000. But, now, as I stated more recently than the quote above, the final 2000 will be made and sold as complete sets.

We are not printing more than 10000 in total. We can't print more, as we don't have enough CDs for more.

So, I'm not really sure what you're insinuating, but as I stated, the production is limited to 10000. We won't be making more than that, but we have yet to finish the production of the final 2000.

Go back, read my recent posts.

Mikey
vai.com