Hey man, that's not cool!!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
blsabob

Re: Hey man, that's not cool!!

#16 Post by blsabob » Thu May 31, 2012 6:31 am

Prezidentman wrote:What exactly is "leaked tour date"? A "rumored date"?..I could see if the source was e.g. Blabbermouth...but if legitimate sites like ticketmaster or certain venues sites announce a date before the artist does, so what?....this isn't like leaking an album or anything...
I never see Blabbermouth post leaks or rumors. They pretty much stick with merely reprinting industry press releases. They're kind of lame really. I have found that other sites generally get info out there long before Blabbermouth does.

Bryceybhoy

#17 Post by Bryceybhoy » Thu May 31, 2012 6:50 am

I wouldn't really worry about it. I'm sure you can understand that on Steve's 'Official' board his management/promoters wouldn't want unconfirmed dates being listed. Why get everyone excited about potential dates that are not 100% confirmed when it will be a matter of weeks before they actually are. It's not as if you can buy the tickets now anyway.
Last edited by Bryceybhoy on Thu May 31, 2012 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jenn Pix

#18 Post by Jenn Pix » Thu May 31, 2012 7:30 am

blsabob wrote:Here's the thing. I know someone who works at one of the venues on the list. She tells me that there is an offer on the table, for the exact date that was on my list, but Steve's agent has yet to confirm. This tells me that the "leak" has goo inside information and must have come from someone within Steve's camp or his book agent's office. So I feel pretty confident that at least most of the dates on the list are accurate :headbang
But dude, you said it right here in this post ..."but Steve's agent has yet to confirm'. So we don't know yet.
Yeah, I'm beyond eager, I desperately want to know when and where he'll be playing so I can get my butt to a show. 'Coz I've never yet (in all my years of admiration.!.) had the chance.
This also means I want to know for sure when and where.
So, a venue (or venues) already selling tix, those are for sure. Anything else.?. we don't have official word. Yet.

When everything has been confirmed, we will know.
'Til then, I'd rather wait, than get all psyched, only to hear later that something fell through...

Just sayin'... 8)

blsabob

#19 Post by blsabob » Thu May 31, 2012 8:00 am

I'm just not that patient. I can't wait to start making my travel plans.

litlgrnman

#20 Post by litlgrnman » Thu May 31, 2012 7:10 pm

Well, the dates are up now! A couple that you posted were changed but overall on the money.

Looks like Salina for me and likely another trip to the sunshine state! Can't wait for a rockin, you can call him Bruce Springsteen, show! :headbang

Now we can start dreaming about a certain song or two!

Bryceybhoy

#21 Post by Bryceybhoy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:10 am

When can we start the annoying speculation about a European tour and UK dates?

blsabob

#22 Post by blsabob » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:17 am

Not until someone leaks the dates a day or two ahead of the official release :wink:

Pape

#23 Post by Pape » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:41 pm

There is quite a few official dates up now, Vai.com homepage :guitar

7fret
Newcomer

#24 Post by 7fret » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:21 pm

Haven't seen any U.K. ones yet...

Jerry