Hey man, that's not cool!!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
blsabob

Hey man, that's not cool!!

#1 Post by blsabob » Wed May 30, 2012 11:07 am

Who snaked my post about the leaked tour dates and why?

litlgrnman

Re: Hey man, that's not cool!!

#2 Post by litlgrnman » Wed May 30, 2012 12:14 pm

You think it might have had something to do w/ them not being officially released yet??

blsabob

#3 Post by blsabob » Wed May 30, 2012 12:28 pm

If that's the case, it kind of confirms that they were true then. Otherwise, we could have just chalked them up to "rumors"

litlgrnman

#4 Post by litlgrnman » Wed May 30, 2012 12:39 pm

Maybe so, maybe not. But don't you think it's asinine to come on Vai's own forum trumpeting "leaked" tour dates?

Sure there are a lot of interested parties around here (including myself), but there's a reason the dates haven't been announced. I'd guess organizing a world tour is about as easy as herding cats w/ all the venue/travel/personnel logistics involved. I'm sure they don't want to put anything out there before it's virtually etched in stone.

W/ the release date set and PR regarding the tour already showing up on the Favored Nations website I can only imagine that the official announcement is just around the corner.

:headbang

kyle am I

#5 Post by kyle am I » Wed May 30, 2012 1:49 pm

I copied and pasted before the leaked tour dates and put them in the notes section of my kindle fire just as a reference for future topics and discussion. What do I do with them? Not mention them to anyone?

blsabob

#6 Post by blsabob » Wed May 30, 2012 2:17 pm

I found the same list on another site, so it's looking more likely that those are official dates. As for whether or not its "asinine" to post them, you're free to believe so, but I've seen leaked tour dates on many fan forum sites of various artists. It seems to be pretty much stand operating procedure for fans to want to share this kind of information as soon as possible. If you chose not to participate, that's up to you. But I don't see a problem with it and apparently, neither do a whole lot of other music fans. I just don't see a problem with it.

kyle am I

#7 Post by kyle am I » Wed May 30, 2012 2:54 pm

well, if they were leaked, and not yet confirmed and official, than some dated might change and some may be cancelled. They probably don't want to have tour dates thT may say false infornmation or shows that may not actually be happening because people will get their hopes up. False info that people believe can cause many problems.

blsabob

#8 Post by blsabob » Wed May 30, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm not booking any flights yet, but at least I've got a timeframe that I can start making plans around. Might try to catch the three Los Angeles area shows, or the two Bay Area shows.

litlgrnman

#9 Post by litlgrnman » Wed May 30, 2012 3:52 pm

blsabob wrote:I found the same list on another site, so it's looking more likely that those are official dates. As for whether or not its "asinine" to post them, you're free to believe so, but I've seen leaked tour dates on many fan forum sites of various artists. It seems to be pretty much stand operating procedure for fans to want to share this kind of information as soon as possible. If you chose not to participate, that's up to you. But I don't see a problem with it and apparently, neither do a whole lot of other music fans. I just don't see a problem with it.
I get why you shared the information and believe me, I'm interested in making plans for the tour as well. I started ratholing a little loot a few months ago because I knew I'd probably have to travel to see a show or two.

I was just shocked by the fact that you'd be questioning why a moderator chose to delete your "leaked tour dates" thread on Steve's very own forum. "Hey man, that's not cool!!" is probably exactly what the mod said as they deleted your thread.

I'm sure once the tour is finalized and officially booked we'll be the first to know. They probably want to make sure there's a sufficient amount of time for ticket sales and promotion.

blsabob

#10 Post by blsabob » Wed May 30, 2012 4:04 pm

I know. It was a rhetorical question. Really, I was just trying to rattle the admin's cage and see if I could get them to respond. I know why someone took it down, I just wanted to make them say it. I'm thinking that the fact that they deleted my post means that the dates were at least somewhat on the money.

BTW, for those who are interested, the Salina KS date is definitely confirmed and it goes on sale through Ticketmaster this Friday.

litlgrnman

#11 Post by litlgrnman » Wed May 30, 2012 4:22 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked and saw that show is now listed on Ticketmaster as well as the Stiefel Theater website. Looks like after the ticketmaster "convenience charges" tickets for this show will be (roughly) $40 or $80. Like you said, these go on sale Friday! Will be interesting to see what the the $80 tickets score you. Front(ish) row package? Early entery? Special merch? Hope we hear something before they go on sale.

That theater in Salina looks pretty sweet!

http://www.qscaudio.com/images/press/20 ... l_1_hi.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pape

#12 Post by Pape » Wed May 30, 2012 7:15 pm

See you guys at the Salina show!!!!!! EPIC!!! I don't live it Kansas anymore, but a hour drive from my old home, my familys houses, 3 birds 1 stone, Vacation, Family Visit, and Mr. Vai in concert in Kansas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is going to be legend - I hope your not lactose intolerant because the next word is Dairy.

Prezidentman

#13 Post by Prezidentman » Wed May 30, 2012 11:27 pm

What exactly is "leaked tour date"? A "rumored date"?..I could see if the source was e.g. Blabbermouth...but if legitimate sites like ticketmaster or certain venues sites announce a date before the artist does, so what?....this isn't like leaking an album or anything...
Last edited by Prezidentman on Thu May 31, 2012 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

aaronm
Banned

#14 Post by aaronm » Wed May 30, 2012 11:48 pm

Prezidentman wrote:What exactly is "leaked tour date"? A "rumored date"?..I could see if the source was e.g. Blabbermouth...but if legitimate sites like ticketmaster or certain venues sites announce a date up before the artist does, so what?....this isn't like leaking an album or anything...
I agree its just chatter really,..

blsabob

#15 Post by blsabob » Thu May 31, 2012 6:29 am

Here's the thing. I know someone who works at one of the venues on the list. She tells me that there is an offer on the table, for the exact date that was on my list, but Steve's agent has yet to confirm. This tells me that the "leak" has goo inside information and must have come from someone within Steve's camp or his book agent's office. So I feel pretty confident that at least most of the dates on the list are accurate :headbang