Idea...please Steve, release.....

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Patill

Idea...please Steve, release.....

#1 Post by Patill » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:11 am

...your ProTools files of your songs, so we can see how you mix up your songs :D. I´d buy it!!! Could be from any album, P6W, Real Illusions etc......Maybe even an idea for the new album to add the files additional, dependign how large they are.

If there´s no copyright violation or personal violation, i´d like that very much!!!!

tom1325

Re: Idea...please Steve, release.....

#2 Post by tom1325 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:36 am

that would be amazing if he did, I too would buy it

Patill

#3 Post by Patill » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:20 am

yeah, I got a reply :mrgreen:

I really hope he can do that. I mean of course, we dont have all the plugins Steve uses, but we could see which he uses and tweak a little on some EQs and listen to the raw recordings to see how he´s really doing his things. I mean this is interesting as hell!

Of course he´s allowed to delete the little secrets in his songs we are supposed to (not) hear...

Prezidentman

#4 Post by Prezidentman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:17 am

It's a nice idea, after all Devin Townsend has done this...but I'd rather he put out the new album before something like this, because I'm sure it would take time to assemble...and besides, since he's already done the Naked Tracks, so I don't think that this is something that we'll see out soon...

Patill

#5 Post by Patill » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:18 am

naked tracks is something completely diffrent. this has nothing to do with it.

I think this will take much less time than to make a new album, because the files are already there. Of course it depends on what he´s gonna give us and what he won´t. I could understand if he deletes the solos that went wrong or parts didn´t match his spec (and are not in the songs).

But of course, a new album would be priority.

Prezidentman

#6 Post by Prezidentman » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:09 am

Of course, not in the same sence but IMO the naked tracks and protools sessions are similar in the sense that it's basically a tool for those that are more deeply interested in Steve's music....be it an engineer or a guitar player.

Patill

#7 Post by Patill » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:12 am

Prezidentman wrote:Of course, not in the same sence but IMO the naked tracks and protools sessions are similar in the sense that it's basically a tool for those that are more deeply interested in Steve's music....be it an engineer or a guitar player.

you mean such as a new album^^???? in this case everything steve does would be "the same"

Prezidentman

#8 Post by Prezidentman » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:24 am

Patill wrote:
Prezidentman wrote:Of course, not in the same sence but IMO the naked tracks and protools sessions are similar in the sense that it's basically a tool for those that are more deeply interested in Steve's music....be it an engineer or a guitar player.

you mean such as a new album^^???? in this case everything steve does would be "the same"
no, nevermind....