Are Steve's candles safe?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
mindsaber
Newcomer

RAI wrote:If Steve was so concerned about the air quality in his studio, that he wouldn't be burning candles, then he most certainly would not be living in Los Angeles.
Living in L.A. is all the more reason to be cognizant of indoor air quality.
Jenn Pix wrote:Oh boy :roll:
I can't believe this!
All right. There are candles out there with cotton wicks, without the lead or zinc in the core. There are also candles made from bee's wax (seems a good choice for Steve if you think about it...) or from soy. These smoke far less (some don't smoke at all...) than other candles.

Was this trip really necessary.?.

Carry on 8)
Why thank you for contributing to the thread.
Big Bad Bill wrote:Yes of course, how silly of me, you can't be a salesman since your post suggests you must be a 7 year old, little girl.
Bitter are we? At least I'm not the one with a Van Halen song as my username on a Steve Vai forum.
Patill wrote:To keep this a little more scientific...don´t eat anything, don´t drink anything (and I mean anything, not just fast food stuff), and don´t breathe anymore. This way you can avoid absorbing everyday carcinogens and you will most certainly not die because of cancer...

"Dosis sola venenum facit" (Paracelsus)

Please think about this before writing things about scary candles. I don´t wanna explain any more stuff, because I wanna play the guitar :mrgreen:.
I would simply ask you and seemingly every other negativist in this thread to ponder a few things:
#1 Fact: Steve is a vegetarian and he jogs. Therefore he is health conscious.
#2 I'm a fan of Steve's. I care about him, I really do, as cheesy at it sounds.
#3 There is actual data showing that components in certain candles may be unsafe. I encourage you to research this.
#4 This is a messageboard. In fact it is a messageboard which is entitled "All About Steve." I made a post. About Steve. I am entitled to do so. Regardless of its silliness factor.

So what does that all mean? It means I tried to share something, albeit eccentric and "off the wall," which I honestly thought might inspire some interesting discussion among his avid fans. I have failed in that regard, however. I can only hope that if ever browsing this forum, Steve may ponder for one-millionth-of-a-second what I've written here. I think he'd really dig the vibe a good air purifier would contribute to a studio.
litlgrnman

Are cars safe? Is flying in an airplane safe? Ever go skydiving? I think Steve will be ok.

Now back to that guitar music!
Patill

mindsaber wrote: #1 Fact: Steve is a vegetarian and he jogs. Therefore he is health conscious.

he may be, but that doesn´t mean he´s close to paranoid. Actually paranoid is a hard word for that, but think of it at a low level. Just like an overdoing or something. I can´t find another word. Btw, just because someone is jogging and vegetarian doesn´t mean he is healthy ;).
mindsaber wrote: #3 There is actual data showing that components in certain candles may be unsafe. I encourage you to research this.
you show me! Also, "may" is a nice word...

Do you actually know what you´re eating, breathing and drinking all day, or have you just looked after candles so far? Every burnt piece of meat contains carcinogens. Cornflakes contain acrylamide. Every BBQ is actually full of cancer. Everytime you refuel can cause cancer. Nail polish contains acetone which may cause cancer. Alcohol may cauase cancer. Exhaust may cause cancer. Inhaling smoke may cause cancer. Everything can cause cancer. And nothing, too.

Really, just keep it down a little. Don´t take anything too serious you read. You can put anything the way you want it if you wanna sell your product. Or have you ever seen anybody getting cancer by candles^^?
Bryceybhoy

Did somebody say something about a new studio album?
Breeder

mindsaber wrote:
Big Bad Bill wrote:Yes of course, how silly of me, you can't be a salesman since your post suggests you must be a 7 year old, little girl.
Bitter are we? At least I'm not the one with a Van Halen song as my username on a Steve Vai forum.
jesus :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:
brentm

It is complete. I think I have now seen every possible question that could be asked to Steve.
Jenn Pix

brentm wrote:It is complete. I think I have now seen every possible question that could be asked to Steve.
No, I'm sure there are more things we simply must know...
Like... does Steve prefer slippers or socks to keep his foots warm when he's just hanging out 'round the house.?. :wink:

couldn't resist... my little attempt at humour, here! :mrgreen: