Aurora Borealis - the movie

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
disaxster

you can find a little note on steve's journals, it seems we will see him in another movie. I guess this time it will be easier to have it on DVD than with crossroads, but I don't think we will see another guitar duel. :)
(I don't know if this is the right place to post it, moderators please move me if it's not)
8)
pri0531

FYI
Out,
GP

December 1, 2003 — Joshua Jackson (Dawson's Creek) has joined Donald Sutherland, Juliette Lewis and Louise Fletcher in Aurora Borealis.

The film centers on a troubled young man (Jackson) struggling to right himself after the premature death of his father. Sutherland and Fletcher play his grandparents, with Lewis starring as the home assistant to Sutherland's character who winds up as Jackson's love interest.

The film is being directed by James Burke from a script by Brent Boyd.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter
Jai0705

This looks very interesting, I'm curious to see how Steve is incorporated into the film.
Ffats

He's playing a character named Billy, FYI.
ArnieBall

Any other info on this movie ? Where is it available ? What kind of movie ?Is it good?
Petie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387037/

It's still in post-production. No release date yet.
flora_chryseis
Newcomer

whee..i just cant wait to see steve on the silver screens again. i wonder what kind of character he's acting as :wink:
Skyscraper

Hi,
I asked Steve about films when I met him. He said he had just finished shooting for a film, this must have been it - I think Aurora Borealis was the name he mentioned. Anyway, he said that he just has a small part in it, playing 'Little Alligator' in the film. He said he wouldn't normally do it but that the director (I think!) was a friend so it was kind of just because of that that he decided to do it. He said he's not really keen on acting.

I remember it well when I said 'Not your thing?' and his reply was that acting wasn't real. He then pointed to the stage where I'd just seen him play and said 'THAT'S real'. Pure class!

Anyway, that should be his role in the film, if it's the same thing he spoke to me about just over a couple of months ago when I met him. Hope that helps.
GGGrev

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387037/board/nest/8104982
Look at those impersonates of Steve Vai. :roll:
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

GGGrev wrote:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387037/board/nest/8104982
Look at those impersonates of Steve Vai. :roll:
Yes, if you're going to impersonate Steve, at least get his lyrics correct...

:lol:

Mikey
vai.com
King Snake

lol! what a dumbass! :lol:
ultrazone_seeker

:roll: yep.
davemeetsworld

WTF? Thats not Steve! Quite amusing, and quite tradgic at the same time
GGGrev

"You might be human, but your still an animal."

:lol:

Sorry, I was suppose to say 'impersonators' in my last post. :oops:
Joon 'Loki' Yang

Impersonating Steve Vai can be quite fun, if you're pathetic enough to do it anyway.