Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
jenarom

Seems like it's time for another VaiTunes track, don't you think? :D
andre_f

No, I don't think so.

It's time for many things in the world of Vai and a new Vai tune would be very low on the priority list.

I think.

Dre.
jenarom

Well, I hope they keep releasing more VaiTunes tracks, while we wait for the new album.
Then after that, they can go back releasing more VaiTunes tracks! :)
Prezidentman

After 6 years without a studio album I'd personally gladly give up a tune or 2 at this point as the new album is being made because obviously the Vaitune songs still take a lot of time to complete so inevitably they'll delay the completion of the album.
egratteau

Well, 7 Vaitune releases; the last one being April 2011. I realize Steve has kept busy since then, but is Vaitunes done? Will it be resurrected a 3rd time?
Samuele

Search for "Blues For Dust".
egratteau

Samuele wrote:Search for "Blues For Dust".
Found nothing. Only thing I did find is this, but we can't be sure it's Steve. http://youtu.be/qaJjju-LT7s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Samuele

Come on, it's on both iTunes and Amazon.
egratteau

Samuele wrote:Come on, it's on both iTunes and Amazon.
Found it. When I looked on Amazon before, nothing came up. Thanks for the tip!
jenarom

Samuele wrote:Search for "Blues For Dust".
Great! Thanks for the tip!
Today is my birthday and I got this little present... :)

I was sad about not having any new VaiTunes tracks...
bigd

seems strange why he wouldn't update his vaitunes page here when the song has been out a week.

8)
Prezidentman

Indeed, you have to be quite alert all around to not miss anything...sometimes, only his FB profile is updated...this time, we only got the strange picture as a clue, I guess...
jenarom

I wonder how he hopes to sell these tracks, if they don't promote them.

We're like scavengers searching obscure places to find tidbits of Vai music.

Anyway, those VaiTunes tracks should keep coming more often, not 2 per year. It was supposed to be one a month. And there ARE tracks to choose from. At least there are 5 other tracks that were previously released on the first VaiTunes iteration some years ago. I wouldnt mind buying those (again) if they were coming monthly. But, it sure would be frustrating to wait 7 months to have a previously released track.

I can say it was a breath of fresh air, a small breath I admit, to get a completely unheard track.

Please! Keep them coming while we wait for the long awaited upcoming album.
Samuele

Check out the digital booklet on http://www.vai.com/vaitunes/

My guess is, as the original owner of the artwork is unknown, the guys tried to see whether they could find him/her before releasing the track and therefore credit him/her in the booklet.

Listening to the tune, to me it really sounded like Evo, so I'm happy I was not mistaken!
sonny sixshooter

This is great. I do, however, have a small problem.

I can't buy via Amazon (US or UK) because I live in Denmark. Only Itunes will work. Except Windows keeps crashing, so I can't use Itunes either. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what might work? I'd prefer an mp3 file as opposed to streaming.

Here's hoping.