In the next DVD, Steve should play his Ultra Zone guitar

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
ckillips
Newcomer

In the next DVD, Steve should play his Ultra Zone guitar

#1 Post by ckillips » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:30 pm

And he could dress up in a costume resembling the cyborg on The Ultra Zone's cover while playing "Oooo". Imagine that as an opening act.

That would be QUITE the sight considering the guitar itself is 61 inches long according its Machines page. That would seem to be mostly because of the lower half.

Well it certainly is a beautiful machine though.

LoveBlood

Re: In the next DVD, Steve should play his Ultra Zone guitar

#2 Post by LoveBlood » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:52 am

That would've been cool for the ultra zone tour yeah, but I and many others are eager for Steve to work on new artistic endeavours...for many of us it feels like a lifetime since we've had some true new material from Steve.

MatJB

#3 Post by MatJB » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:57 am

Yes, it has been nearly five years since the last album of actual new music. The new DVD is cool, and it was a great live show - one of the best I've ever seen - but we've all heard For The Love of God, Liberty, Crying Machine etc a bazillion times before. I eagerly await the next studio album :headbang

gargendie

#4 Post by gargendie » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:00 pm

Oops
Last edited by gargendie on Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeries

#5 Post by Jeries » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:07 pm

that guitar seems to be quite unplayable... probably very body heavy (compared to the neck)

the crappiest unplayable instrument are electric sitars... mine had some sort of composite plasticy body and a cheap strat neck and was so neck heavy it was difficult to hold and play...

no wonder dave uses a stand for it at all times... (although i'm not sure if his has the same issue)