Band Merch shipping debacle

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
gator8her
Newcomer

As a small business owner I'm flabbergasted by the lack information coming from the distributor. Though, Im pleased with Mikey's efforts to appease the masses, he is not the individual who should have the responsibility to inform the masses of a company's inablity to deliver and communicate in a timely manner.

That would be much like any computer game release that I pre order (that usually arrives the day of release or day after) to only be called by the developers to apologize for the lack of my receiving their product.

For a $8.95 shipping fee from bandmerch to only receive my product via the postal service, I hope they had the courtesy to send it priority. The information coming from their emails and website data has been spotty at best for the Vai consumer.

Next time please find a more reputable, professional company. If there arent any then it appears I have a new investment arena involving distribution of musical products services.

Profesional people associate and rely on other "professionals". This shipping/distribution debacle has been lackluster and NOT a reflection on the talent of Mr. Vai's musical abilities but I reserve judgement on the business capacity.
Marcus

Point well put.

It's the Friday after the release date, and still no product. Given that it was initially advertised that those who pre-ordered would get the product before the release date, Bandmerch was unable to rise to the occasion.

I'd like to reiterate the point made above, and thank Mikey for his efforts to serve as an intermediary to clarify what was happening.

If the Vai organization features, promotes and distributes a future release in a similar manner, I'd suggest finding another distribution channel.

Best regards,
Marc
yegap

I wish I read your posting before I wrote mine. You put it beautifuly. Bottom line is that Band Merch sucks. How can they charge you $8.95 or whatever and not get it to you on time. I'm glad in a way it wasn't just me being impatient. Thanks again.
yegap

I can't beleive I just read a review from someone in Barcelona that received their copy of DVD/CD. I live in New Jersey and can't seem to get mine. What a F up. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom

My latest tracking update is that it's at a UPS regional facility before induction into the US Postal Service. Oh well. I'll find me some cultchah here in NYC to keep me busy over the weekend. (I had shipped the DVD/CD here to my work address since it's tough to catch a special delivery at home.)

Now...Jersey, I can understand... :wink: Just kidding!!

Just wanted to echo the appreciation for Mikey and Steve and everyone involved at the Vai camp. Surely it's not a situation they're thrilled with, but of course we all expect it's gonna be worth the wait whatever the wait is.
yegap

Thanks for making me feel good. New Jersey's not that bad (just kidding) Me and the wife will also be in NYC this weekend, celebrating our 30th wedding anniv. hope when I return I can enjoy the DVD. :guitar
Brakkum

I can't believe that it hasn't arrived yet. not lashing out at anyone except whoever handled the shipping, and the lack of speed with the US postal service. I checked the tracking info and it said it was at the St. Paul post office on the 30th. I live 4 blocks from there. This is just extremely frustrating.
yegap

Mine is upstate NY. for 2 days now. Band Merch dosen't care they got there $$$$. Everytime I call I get the run around.
gator8her
Newcomer

I had wanted to extend the benefit of doubt and hope that the information issued to me from BandMerch was even close, but it appears that it's not the case. Here I sit on 10.02.09 and amazed that this company can distribute with more vigor across the ocean than it can here in the United States.

Is it a failure on the part of BandMerch or does our government run postal service take the blame? I am not for sure but I do know I always elect for a private industry run service anytime I can due to the inconsistent/inept approach taken by the USPS. I personally never ship client products via USPS due to numerous delivery issues hence the value of Fedex and UPS stocks having their incline over the last 10 years.

Ignore the digression but do recognize the fact here I am without my paid for product to only be trumped the local kid running to Walmart.

God speed all and may all your purchases arrive before you know it.

Jim
GYiakoumi

yegap, seriously... have a little patience man!
RRWG
Newcomer

Sep 30 2009 Mail Retrieved From Shipper
Sep 30 2009 Received at UPS Mail Innovations Origin RPF Carol Stream, IL
Sep 30 2009 Processed at UPS Mail Innovations Origin RPF Carol Stream, IL
Oct 1 2009 Transferred to UPS Mail Innovations Destination RPF Auburn, WA

It was released the 29th, shipped the 30th :(

I'm thinking priority mail would have been faster. I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow.

ETA:
Oct 2 2009 Received at UPS Mail Innovations Destination RPF Auburn, WA
Stayed in Auburn a couple of days :cry: so here's to hoping it comes early in the week :|
Last edited by RRWG on Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yegap

GYiakoumi wrote:yegap, seriously... have a little patience man!
Easy for you to say. I didn't pay for patience, I paid to get it on time $8.95........ :guitar
Marcus

Hello Guys,

Mailman came and went. No package from Bandmerch.

The anticipation is killing me. Hopefully it'll be here Monday.

Marc
johnbowman

Geeze you guys . . . . at least yours will be signed by the man . . .

Peace - drummerforgringojet :guitar
shiho k
Newcomer

Oh, so many complaints to Bandmerch in the forum...

I got CD and DVD 2nd,Friday afternoon in JPN time. I bought them, without autograph, from Sony Japan through Amazon.com.
Sony said the date of release was 30th Sep. In those stuffs there was Japanese explanation paper.
It means, Sony Japan had been able to get them before 1st Oct. then attached explanation, and released them.

I don't know why I could get it earlier than fans in Mr.Vai's home country...here is 9000km far from there.
I'm sorry for you, being impatient for waiting. I hope you'd already got it now.

I don't wanna talk about this problem no more. Please change something...