Steve Vai´s creative output

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Jeries

robmar wrote:I´m wondering maybe if Steve has ran out of something original to produce??
Three Words...
THE INFINITY SHELF
Prezidentman

Yeah, if anything, he has too much material to chose from...it's even more more vexing, that we might not
even ever hear most of that stuff...
senorchristoph
Newcomer

I think that if Steve Vai were to run out of creative song ideas, the world would implode. Last night at the DVD premiere he pulled out his I-phone and let us all listen to few ideas he has been conjuring up in his absolutely brilliant musical mind of his, and all I have to say is "HOLY SHIT"! though they were only snippets of ideas, to hear him explain his song writing process and how he goes about putting those ideas down into something that we can hear, was mind blowing. Steve Vai is the most amazing musician I have ever had the privilege of listening to, and talking to. I have no doubt that we are all in for another ground breaking, earth shattering record that will once again drop our jaws to the floor, but in the mean time.....We Just have to sit back and relax, it'll be here before we know it. :headbang
sunai

senorchristoph wrote:I think that if Steve Vai were to run out of creative song ideas, the world would implode. Last night at the DVD premiere he pulled out his I-phone and let us all listen to few ideas he has been conjuring up in his absolutely brilliant musical mind of his, and all I have to say is "HOLY SHIT"! though they were only snippets of ideas, to hear him explain his song writing process and how he goes about putting those ideas down into something that we can hear, was mind blowing. Steve Vai is the most amazing musician I have ever had the privilege of listening to, and talking to. I have no doubt that we are all in for another ground breaking, earth shattering record that will once again drop our jaws to the floor, but in the mean time.....We Just have to sit back and relax, it'll be here before we know it. :headbang
you study at MI ?
senorchristoph
Newcomer

Yes I attend MI...Why do you ask?
sunai

I plan to apply there after i'm done studying here.. i'd love to know what the place is like , you know student point of view
senorchristoph
Newcomer

MI.....All I can say is there's nothing like it. It is hands down the greatest school I could ever dream of attending. I love it. the staff has only the best musicians teaching here and the atmosphere is the most chill you've ever experienced. The one thing I absolutely love about MI is that it's nothing but music, 24/7. you study Harmony and Theory, Reading, ear training, you are enveloped in your instrument. learning scales, all their modes, chords, chord phrasing, pretty much everything about music it's all taught here. I have been attending now for close to ten months, and in these ten months I have learned so much about music and my instrument, it really is amazing to say the least. MI brings the biggest names in the business to the school to offer open counseling and clinics so that you can learn as much as you can about music and the industry. I would highly recommend MI to anybody who has aspirations of achieving a career in music.
johnbowman

senorchristoph wrote:MI.....All I can say is there's nothing like it. It is hands down the greatest school I could ever dream of attending. I love it. the staff has only the best musicians teaching here and the atmosphere is the most chill you've ever experienced. The one thing I absolutely love about MI is that it's nothing but music, 24/7. you study Harmony and Theory, Reading, ear training, you are enveloped in your instrument. learning scales, all their modes, chords, chord phrasing, pretty much everything about music it's all taught here. I have been attending now for close to ten months, and in these ten months I have learned so much about music and my instrument, it really is amazing to say the least. MI brings the biggest names in the business to the school to offer open counseling and clinics so that you can learn as much as you can about music and the industry. I would highly recommend MI to anybody who has aspirations of achieving a career in music.

What's the approx. tuition cost for the guitar course?

Thanks / JB
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Perhaps you can start a new thread about MI? I'm sure more people have input or questions regarding this - could be an interesting read.

Let's keep this one on the topic of Steve's creative output :)

J
sunai

i made a topic on music schools, you mind putting some details there ?